Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default eternity rom issiues

    Hello all, I am having some issiues with my thunderbolt on the eternity rom.
    About every three days, I have to flash recovery as the phone starts acting up.Its usually a bunch of little things that happenes like the time wont auto update, pages wont load,it just get real glitchy in general.I have the 5 skin darkhorse themes I generally run the green one and I suspect the issiues are somewhere in there maybee. Im on the r193 version.
    Also when in clockwork mod under the fix permissions stuff there is a lot that is listed. When I have went ahead with that Ive had to re-flash because it makes it very unstable and just about to crash entirely.
    I didnt do the root, paid to have it done so I dont really know my way around all the ins and outs of that but I have gotten some basics down. Im to the point of un rooting my phone wich I really hate to do because I really love my rooted phone when its running right. Any help would be appreciated, Matt
  2. #2  
    z71kris's Avatar
    What does that do?

    Posts
    485 Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    Quote Originally Posted by bigphish66 View Post
    Hello all, I am having some issiues with my thunderbolt on the eternity rom.
    About every three days, I have to flash recovery as the phone starts acting up.Its usually a bunch of little things that happenes like the time wont auto update, pages wont load,it just get real glitchy in general.I have the 5 skin darkhorse themes I generally run the green one and I suspect the issiues are somewhere in there maybee. Im on the r193 version.
    Also when in clockwork mod under the fix permissions stuff there is a lot that is listed. When I have went ahead with that Ive had to re-flash because it makes it very unstable and just about to crash entirely.
    I didnt do the root, paid to have it done so I dont really know my way around all the ins and outs of that but I have gotten some basics down. Im to the point of un rooting my phone wich I really hate to do because I really love my rooted phone when its running right. Any help would be appreciated, Matt
    Matt, I would strongly suggest you go to infectedrom.com, that is the website that is dedicated to eternity.
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    stratejaket's Avatar

    Posts
    171 Posts
    ROM
    NuSense 7.2

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    z71kris offered you great advice. Most of the eternity junkies hang around there and you will typically get quick answers. However, the site is down currently while the server is changed to a cloud. It has been down for over a day now. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

    If I were you, I would backup anything you want to keep. Boot into recovery and flash Superwipe.zip, This will completely wipe your system, and caches. Nothing on your SDcard will be touched. Once it completes flash Eternity R230 (found here) It has had some significant upgrades and tweaks since R193. Let the ROM run stock without flashing Darkhorse for awhile and make sure it all runs as you want it to. If you are happy with how it is running. Then you can nandroid and go play with DarkHorse. I haven't noticed any other news, but Gunthermic has mentioned that DH is not completely compatible with R230. The eternity green theme will work if you hate stock, to hold you over until Gun has time to update DH.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    Thanks for the advice! I do troll around infected roms and yeah I knew they were down with upgrades. I havent really asked any questions over there yet. I wanted to do the r230, but Im not real sure of the process and I'd hate to screw up my phone. I have a hard time finding my way around over at infected roms, and the new background is killing my eyes hahaha Anyway, thanks,,, Matt
  5. #5  
    z71kris's Avatar
    What does that do?

    Posts
    485 Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default

    Agreed about the background. I thought I logged in there today ...let me check.

    sent from my thunderbolt
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    z71kris's Avatar
    What does that do?

    Posts
    485 Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default

    I just logged in on tapatalk..try it again...

    sent from my thunderbolt
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  
    defcon999's Avatar

    Posts
    798 Posts
    ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    I ran INFECTED for months and it worked really good. My issue was that it started to lag and then I wasn't getting any text messages. I had to restore from a NANDROID backup and then everything seemed to work fine.

    I am not in iKream and love it....very stable!
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    Yeah it's back up and going. I keep reading and re-reading the READ THIS FIRST part hahaha Im still not going to try it.
    I will say however, I believe I have always dirty flashed because in rom manager it throws up a box with dalvik cache already checked. I've always just left it at that, never checking wipe data. I did check wipe data this time so it took a little longer to settle in and sync contacts from the sd.
    Its been fine since then. And my auto updating clock is keeping things straight. I live in one time zone, work in another. It pisses me off when my phone wakes me up an hour early because it didnt update the time lol
    Tomorrow will be day 3 and usually its acting up by then so I'll keep my fingers crossed it was just my flash method.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    Quote Originally Posted by stratejaket View Post
    z71kris offered you great advice. Most of the eternity junkies hang around there and you will typically get quick answers. However, the site is down currently while the server is changed to a cloud. It has been down for over a day now. Hopefully it will be back up soon.

    If I were you, I would backup anything you want to keep. Boot into recovery and flash Superwipe.zip, This will completely wipe your system, and caches. Nothing on your SDcard will be touched. Once it completes flash Eternity R230 (found here) It has had some significant upgrades and tweaks since R193. Let the ROM run stock without flashing Darkhorse for awhile and make sure it all runs as you want it to. If you are happy with how it is running. Then you can nandroid and go play with DarkHorse. I haven't noticed any other news, but Gunthermic has mentioned that DH is not completely compatible with R230. The eternity green theme will work if you hate stock, to hold you over until Gun has time to update DH.
    Im running R230 and it seems be be running well, I had a bit of kernel issues with install kernel but works well with Lean Kernel 5.1.0
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  10. #10  

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    I personally am new to the rooting business, but I stumbled across Eternity at Rev 216 and have been having excellent stability (and functionality) ever since. Although I am now up to Rev 238 (over-clock app update); I have had zero lock-ups or failures with only an occasional forced reboot that I attribute to specific apps.

    I would suggest flashing the latest ROM version and then giving it a few days before asking questions about a notably outdated version.
  11. #11  
    dreitzell78's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    InfectedROM Eternity/ Zig

    Default

    I have been running eternity for a couple of months. Imo, the best ROM out for the bolt. I have zero issues. Don't be scared to ask questions at infected ROM. There are some really great faq threads there. Very detailed, read all of the instruction threads before you post any questions. There are some very smart folks there that will help you. Or, you can pm me if you want.

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  12. #12  
    kls629's Avatar

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    i am having problems with eternity now also, just today i cannot send text or calls.
  13. #13  
    stratejaket's Avatar

    Posts
    171 Posts
    ROM
    NuSense 7.2

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    Quote Originally Posted by bigphish66 View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I do troll around infected roms and yeah I knew they were down with upgrades. I havent really asked any questions over there yet. I wanted to do the r230, but Im not real sure of the process and I'd hate to screw up my phone. I have a hard time finding my way around over at infected roms, and the new background is killing my eyes hahaha Anyway, thanks,,, Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by z71kris View Post
    Agreed about the background. I thought I logged in there today ...let me check.

    sent from my thunderbolt
    If you go to infectedrom.com and to all the way to the bottom right you can select different themes from a drop down menu. If you select Infected Orange the background will remain black with orange forum highlights. You will not have to look at the new background.
  14. #14  
    stratejaket's Avatar

    Posts
    171 Posts
    ROM
    NuSense 7.2

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    Quote Originally Posted by kls629 View Post
    i am having problems with eternity now also, just today i cannot send text or calls.
    Did you clean install? Are you sure it is not a verizon network issue?
  15. #15  
    xs11e's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

    Default Re: eternity rom issiues

    I've had many issues with Eternity and eventually gave up and have gone to another ROM.

    Eternity worked perfectly for me (well, a few problems...) through 139 or so and then the bugs just kept coming. Meanwhile, I had problems with my phone and VZW replaced it under warranty and with the new phone all the bugs are still there!

    It seems to be related to some phones, others report the same bugs I have, others don't. Who knows?

    FWIW, flashing clean or dirty make absolutely no difference.

    FWIW, I'm currently running Thunderstick BareBack and may never go back to a Sense ROM.

Posting Permissions