What's the fastest, lightest Sense 3.5 ROM?

dbornack

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, and I usually hate the "what is the best ROM" threads.. but, I'm looking for a Sense 3.5 ROM that runs like Gingeritis 3D. I miss the Sense 3.5 elements, camera, etc.. but I love the speed and battery life I get with Gingeritis 3D.

I feel like I've tried them all, and they're just too damn heavy for my liking. Too much lag, performance not up to par with certain functions, etc.

I keep my ROMs very clean, very few apps (under 20), and don't run anything in the background.

I've tried all of the kernels that come with the ROMs, including Ziggys, IMOs, etc. I always find the best balance of speed and battery by using Smartass v2 governor, OCed to 1.2, and 245 minimum. Sometimes I need to OC to 1.4-1.5 to make the ROM as snappy as I'd like, but of couse, that kills the battery.

So, if anyone has any suggestions other than the following, that'd be great:

- Infected
- SoAB
- MikRunny

Seems like I've run more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

It doesn't get any better on Sense 3.0 for me than Gingeritis 3D. So I'm good with sticking with that if I can't find a Sense 3.5 ROM that's snappy as hell.

Thanks guys!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thats strange, I haven't seen anything laggy about that rom... What Kernel was you using... the preinstalled on the rom isn't the best, Im running leanKernel 5.1.0 and it is smooth..

dbornack

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
IMO, I've tried all of the kernels that work. Was on Infected on and off since about the r60s, all the way through r216..

I always thought it was a touch laggy, but when I tried out Gingeritis, I realized how laggy it really was.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
IMO, I've tried all of the kernels that work. Was on Infected on and off since about the r60s, all the way through r216..

I always thought it was a touch laggy, but when I tried out Gingeritis, I realized how laggy it really was.

The only thing faster is aosp.

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
There isn't a Sense 3.5 ROM that performs like Gingeritis 3D. G3D is the best Sense ROM available for the Bolt, bar none. I have tried just about everything currently available, and G3D was the only Sense ROM that I never had anything to complain about. The Thunderbolt just seems to be at its best running Sense 3.0. I know this is not the response you were wishing for. I'm not sure if there is enough dev interest to get 3.5 perfected, especially with rumors of ICS coming...

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
There isn't a Sense 3.5 ROM that performs like Gingeritis 3D. G3D is the best Sense ROM available for the Bolt, bar none. I have tried just about everything currently available, and G3D was the only Sense ROM that I never had anything to complain about. The Thunderbolt just seems to be at its best running Sense 3.0. I know this is not the response you were wishing for. I'm not sure if there is enough dev interest to get 3.5 perfected, especially with rumors of ICS coming...

Probably not, and I also agree that Sense 3.0 runs better, Gingeritis 3D or BAMF Forever both run pretty great...and better than any Sense 3.5 ROM I've tried.

dbornack

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input.. I agree with what you guys are saying. I like some of the 3.5 elements, but can't stand the way the phone runs on 3.5. It's give or take, and I'd rather go with better performance and battery life over cooler, better looking features.

Maybe ICS is around the corner :)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Not true Viirus is still working on Sense 3.5 roms, he just released R238 yesterday and I haven't seen any lag issues or reboots, I am using the latest Lean Kernel and have it clocked at 1.4 and hasn't had one issue... All Sense 3.5 roms I used in past wouldn't work with a number of apps but so far with the latest Eternal rom everything hasn't had issues installing or working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463