[Tool] Root 2.11.605.9 and .19, no downgrade or data wipe!

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ah, The instruction that said to make sure the phone was on charge only was a little misleading, I thought I was to have my device plugged in when i started the process. thank you

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
You should have it plugged in, its just that I think you were having a random error and I just had you unplug it just in case l
Sent from my mobile look-at device

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ah, well thanks it worked great!! Man, superuser looks A LOT different than the Eclair days... wow.

Superuser didn't install on its own, I had to go to bootloader to load CWM. Not an issue, just letting you know it didn't.

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I entered 'Y' when prompted on Revolution. HBOOT just didn't automatically load CWM. Still the easiest rooting process I have seen for the thunderbolt. This is awesome. It actually might have been easier than rooting my droid 1...

OH! haha I get it now. Thanks :)

Yeah sadly rev doesn't reboot to recovery, had that in the pop ups also... Just wish there was a way to automate it

Sent from my mobile look-at device

lu270bro

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
you make it too easy bro. Took all of 5 minutes. I remember rooting when jcase first got root and s-off on this thing and look how far we have come, or i should say the devs have come. thanks again for your work, and also the help with getting the borked device back to s-on earlier. cant thank you enough!

Reactions: trter10-imore

denden024

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I am new here and any advice would be greatly appreciated : )

I did everything right up to flashing the recovery over fastboot. Now I selected bootloader, waited a few seconds..but before i could go to recovery what happened was this..

it says 'checking sd image'
image load failed' 3 times and then it gets stuck at:

HBOOT

parsing.. sd zip
1 mdm9k
2 radio_v2
do you want to start update?
vol up yes
vol down no
Please help me out.. also now my HBOOT is 6.04.1002 because i think i hit vol up the first time it came up thinking that was the recovery flash..

What do I need to do at this point? Thanks again everyone thank you for everything that you do :)

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I am new here and any advice would be greatly appreciated : )

I did everything right up to flashing the recovery over fastboot. Now I selected bootloader, waited a few seconds..but before i could go to recovery what happened was this..

it says 'checking sd image'
image load failed' 3 times and then it gets stuck at:

HBOOT

parsing.. sd zip
1 mdm9k
2 radio_v2
do you want to start update?
vol up yes
vol down no
Please help me out.. also now my HBOOT is 6.04.1002 because i think i hit vol up the first time it came up thinking that was the recovery flash..

What do I need to do at this point? Thanks again everyone thank you for everything that you do :)

Reboot your phone and remove the PG05IMG.zip off of your SD card. Then power off and held volume down and power until hboot shows, wait a few seconds, then select recovery.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

Reactions: denden024

ngustin

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
When I run the program, it doesn't move on from the "Waiting for device..." step 5. After checking to make sure the MD5sum matches (it does), installing (and even re-installing) the fastboot drivers, I've tried restarting computer and phone, turning off firewall, checked for the PG05IMG.zip, and even moved to a different computer to try it all again but came up with the same issue. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any advice???

trter10-imore

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
When I run the program, it doesn't move on from the "Waiting for device..." step 5. After checking to make sure the MD5sum matches (it does), installing (and even re-installing) the fastboot drivers, I've tried restarting computer and phone, turning off firewall, checked for the PG05IMG.zip, and even moved to a different computer to try it all again but came up with the same issue. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any advice???

Is USB debugging enabled? Try disabling and re enabling

Sent from my iPad (the one with no name :p ) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ajmillinger

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm struggling big time. I used your tool to root about a month ago. Received the OTA but denied it as I'm worried will brick phone. I downloaded 2.11.605.19 and put on sdcard. In Hboot, it asks me to download update and it appears to unzip and download but I'm still at 2.11.605.9. Can I flash this software right from hboot or do I need to flash from CWMod from sdcard. Very confused

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy