[Tool] Root 2.11.605.9 and .19, no downgrade or data wipe!
**************** THIS IS OUTDATED. USE THIS TO ROOT. **************** **************** THIS IS OUTDATED. USE THIS TO ROOT. **************** **************** THIS IS OUTDATED. USE THIS TO ROOT. **************** **************** THIS IS OUTDATED. USE THIS TO ROOT. **************** **************** THIS IS OUTDATED. USE THIS TO ROOT. ****************
Hi all! This is a quick tool I made that will bypass your need to downgrade from 2.11.605.9 or .19 to get S-OFF. It uses the fre3vo exploit by TeamWin/ Agrabren. I take no credit for this method.
*I am NOT responsible for any bricked devices*
*Rooting voids your warranty! If you do not know that by now, you probably need to research more before you root*
This means that you will not have to deal with large files, and you will not lose any data.
*If you have any PG05IMG.zip files on your sdcard, remove them first!*
All you do is download this, unzip it (very important!), and run the RUN-ME.bat. Just make sure to read and follow all directions in the program carefully.
Please copy and paste the beta code for Revolutionary when that step comes along (I tell you how in the tool), because if it gets put in wrong you will need to manually start Revolutionary from the support_files folder.
1. Download the file. Check the MD5sum of it. (If you do not know how, download , open it, paste in the MD5sum that is above, click browse and select the zip file. If it is green, continue. If it is red, redownload the file and start over.)
2. Uninstall Droid Explorer if you have it. If you have any PG05IMG.zip files on your sdcard, remove them. Plug in your phone, set it to charge only (Through the notification menu on your phone), Go to Settings > Applications > Development and make sure to select "Stay Awake" and "USB Debugging" and hit OK on the popup if there is one. Keep the screen on during the process.
3. Right click on the .zip file, and then click extract.
This window will pop up.
Make sure "Show extracted files when complete" is checked, and hit extract.
4. Now a folder will pop up. In that folder, double click RUN-ME.bat.
5. A window will pop up. It should say something like "*Daemon not running. starting it now* *Daemon started successfully*"
If it says something like "*Failed to start daemon* adb server didn't ACK", you need to uninstall HTC Sync or other syncing software (EasyTether, PDAnet, etc.) then restart the tool.
5. You will now be at a menu. If this is your first time rooting, you probably do not have the fastboot drivers installed, so enter N and press enter. (If you do have them installed, enter Y and skip to step 7.)
6. Wait for the driver window to close. It will take awhile. (The big window, not the small one)
7. Click back on the tool window and press enter.
8. It should now find your device. If not, try rebooting your phone and computer and retrying.
9. Then it should say: -Getting root with fre3vo, thanks TeamWin!
-This will take a minute.
There will be some static-y lines going across your phone's screen. This is normal.
10. After a few minutes, it should finish and say: -Success!
*daemon not running. starting it now*
*daemon started successfully*
-Putting superuser files on your sdcard...
[some random numbers here]
-Starting Revolutionary and the Website....
And then the window will close.
If not, and it says root unsecessful, then try pulling your phone battery and running again.
11. 11. At this point, a textbox pops up. Once you close it there will be another one. Keep the first one open until you get your beta key (After step 13).
12. The website revolutionary.io and one or two other black boxes will also pop up.
If only the website pops up, and no revolutionary window, open the support_files folder and double click revolutionary.exe. If there are two revolutionary windows, you can close one.
13.On the revolutionary website, please scroll down to Download for Windows. Click that button, then cancel the download. Enter your phone's information in the prompts that pop up. The info you need is in the text boxes.
14. Click "Generate Key".
15. Once you do that, copy your beta key from the website, then paste it into the Revolutionary window. To paste it, right click the title bar of the Revolutionary window then click edit then click paste.
16. Press enter on the Revolutionary window.
17.It should say something like:
Sending in Caroline...
Rebooting to fastboot...
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!
Waiting for fastboot...
Rebooting to fastboot (Once moar...)
SUCCESS - Life gave us lemons, we didn't make lemonade!
Do you want to download (Internet connection required) and flash ClockworkMod Reocvery? [Y/n]
18. Press Y and press enter.
19. Now it should say:
Downloading recovery for your phone (mecha)... Done.
Flashing recovery over fastboot...SUCCESS!
Then the window will close.
20. Now, using volume buttons to navigate and power to select, select bootloader.
21. Wait a few seconds, and then select recovery.
22. Your phone will now go to CWM recovery and automatically flash superuser.
23. Reboot your phone and you're rooted.
Last edited by trter10-2; 06-16-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Originally Posted by o0cdiddy
...we should rename the TB the Menstrualbolt
If you like something i have done and would like to contribute my nerd fund, you may do so here
Re: Tool to bypass downgrade to get S-OFF, no data wipe!
Wow, worked fantastically after a few problems with the user (me).. the way the dialogs came up at the end I accidentally rebooted BEFORE flashing su.zip which caused me a bit of confusion as to where I went wrong. I ran the app again and revolutionary said I was already in s-off and would do nothing...
Took me a little reading to figure out to go back into recovery and just pick up where I left off. I didn't get su.zip on my sdcard, either, so I had to reboot AGAIN, put su on the card, and then flash it.
But I now have a happily rooted Bolt and everything seems fine! Now to get the nerve to install some roms.. (I have been meaning to root for quite a while and I figured this sounded foolproof, and the last time I waited we got the 605.9 update and I really didn't want to have to wipe to root, before I could get a backup at least..)