can't answer the phone BAMF

aaaall

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I have the same problem on 2 Tbolts. Sometime we can't answer the phone, phone rings but there is no "answer" button, but only the "endcall" option. Does anyone has the same problem or anyone knows how to fix this? please help me. Thanks

I have Bamf 1.10
Android 2.3.4
HTC sense 3.0
Software 2.11.605.5
Kernal Version 2.6.35.310 BAMF_forever g5b71d17dirty
base band version 1.48.00.0906w-1,0.01.78.0906w_2
Build number: Bamf-forever
Pri Ver 1.41-002, 1.64_002

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

aaaall

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
you and I need to install the sense 2.1 call answer patch.

this is the thread for forever 1.10 - the patches are all at the bottom of the OP.
[ROM][GB][2.11.605.5][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.10 FINAL

to get to the patch directly: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main..._Roms/BAMF Forever/Mods/2.1_answer_screen.zip

not 100% sure, but I think you can just flash this from recovery - I still have to do this.
terribly annoying when can't answer.
Thanks, Please correct me if I am wrong!
I am using the HTC sense 3, the filename to download is 2.1_answer_screen.zip. Is that patch for 2.1?. From the link you gave me, I found Bamf version 1.11 is testing and it supposes to fix the sense 3.xx call answer bug?

aaaall

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
There are many people using Bamf 1.10, HTC sense 3 on Thunderbolt but not many had this problem. My cousin uses the same phone, same ROM, sense but his works fine. I think I did something incorrectly but I could not figure it out. Would anyone please tell me if base band version 1.48.00.0906w-1,0.01.78.0906w_2 is correct? I found on google someone had 1.48xxxxxxx916w_2 instead of 906_2. It is my first time to unroot the phone and had no experience. Please help!

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
It's an intermittent bug; it's nothing you did.

I was on BAMF 1.10 for a couple of months before I had the bug.

I flashed the 2.1 call answer patch linked above and didn't see it again. Now that I'm on 1.11, no issue.

Reactions: aaaall

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Btw, I finally flashed this last night, works great.
Only thing is that at least on my device, there's no bar to slide down, it's invisible, but the text is there saying "slide down to answer call. " maybe because I have cyan hot theme on top of forever 1.10, but doesn't bother, no I can answer all calls.

I did make a nandroid backup first before flashing just in case, in recovery loaded the zip from sd card, didn't wipe any of the three wipes.

Btw, anyone here familiar with the "enhanced browser" mod for bamf forever 1.10? Is it recommended and what exactly is the difference?

aaaall

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Btw, I finally flashed this last night, works great.
Only thing is that at least on my device, there's no bar to slide down, it's invisible, but the text is there saying "slide down to answer call. " maybe because I have cyan hot theme on top of forever 1.10, but doesn't bother, no I can answer all calls.

I did make a nandroid backup first before flashing just in case, in recovery loaded the zip from sd card, didn't wipe any of the three wipes.

Btw, anyone here familiar with the "enhanced browser" mod for bamf forever 1.10? Is it recommended and what exactly is the difference?
Thank you for your reply. I am new to this. I have 3 questions hope you can help:
1. Did you flash only the file "2.1_answer_screen.zip"?
2. If the "slide down to answer" is invisible, how did you answer the call?
3. First, to make back up, then how do I run the file "2.1_answer_screen.zip"? would you please help me steps
Thank you so much!

aaaall

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
It's an intermittent bug; it's nothing you did.

I was on BAMF 1.10 for a couple of months before I had the bug.

I flashed the 2.1 call answer patch linked above and didn't see it again. Now that I'm on 1.11, no issue.

Wildside,
Did you flash the 2.1 call answer first, then upgrade to 1.11? Is there any instruction step by step to do all these? Thank you for your help.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I've heard that some have even experienced the bug on Forever 1.11....but that may just be "user error"(?)

It's a very well known bug on pretty much any Sense 3.0 ROM available. It's intermittent, but for whatever reason, some devices seem more prone to it than others. Long story short, installing the Sense 2.1 answer screen is the easiest way to fix the bug.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I am new to this. I have 3 questions hope you can help:
1. Did you flash only the file "2.1_answer_screen.zip"?
2. If the "slide down to answer" is invisible, how did you answer the call?
3. First, to make back up, then how do I run the file "2.1_answer_screen.zip"? would you please help me steps
Thank you so much!

No problem.
1) yes, only that
2) well, you will be able to know since when you'll get a call you'll see the person/contact on your screen and you'll have text overlaying on top of that contact, and the text will say "slide down to answer call", I just slide down and works like current stock sense on a non rooted phone, just the bar to slide down is invisible (at least on my device)
3) I didn't feel it was 100% necessary to create a backup since I read from the device that you just flash it over. But I did anyways, since it was a good excuse for me to make an up to date backup and I'm more on the cautious side too. So to make a backup you will need to boot into Recovery (similar looking to dos)
you can either long press your power button and hit restart, and you'll then be given 4 options for which type of barestarr, you want to check mark the recovery option. Or if you don't have that option, you can always download an app called Rom Manager, which in the app, you can select to boot into recovery.

Once in recovery you will be using your volume buttons to navigate and the power key at top of phone will act as the enter key. Then you will scroll down to backup and restore, hit enter, then in that sub menu, you will hit backup, and then proceed.
Give it time. It can take a good amount of minutes to make this backup.
This is the coolest backup one can make since it takes an entire image of your whole phone and its data and stores it as one file on your sd card (make sure you have room.
After the backup is done, it will tell you, then you will still be in recovery and you need to navigate to the first menu and scroll down to apply zip from sd card (make a folder called". Mods", with the period so that you can find folder quickly and it will be at the top too).
Then you select the 2.1 file and confirm the install and let it install, takes a few seconds.

Then when it's done you'll still be in recovery, you will see an option at the top called "reboot system now" (something like that), select it and your phone will boot to its normal place where you have all your apps etc.

Hope this helps some.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Just update to 1.11. Never had the bug once in like 4 months on.the latest version.

2.1 answer screen blows. Works but blows. Or... Just go install thunderstick and be happy.

Sent from my Full Blown Thunderstick via Tapatalk.

aaaall

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Just update to 1.11. Never had the bug once in like 4 months on.the latest version.

2.1 answer screen blows. Works but blows. Or... Just go install thunderstick and be happy.

I still have 1.10 with 2.1 answer call patch, looks like it works at least for 2 days now. I will find the instruction to upgrade to 1.11 or thunderstick soon.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the answer bug only one time - on 1.11

It was odd... no matter what I did, it would not answer.

Only one time in several months of use.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I still have 1.10 with 2.1 answer call patch, looks like it works at least for 2 days now. I will find the instruction to upgrade to 1.11 or thunderstick soon.

What you have will work forever. It is just ugly in my opinion.

:)

gospodinjuha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
In my experience with all the 3.0 answer bugs, I have found that it only happens when I'm moving the phone when it rings (eg. Pull in it out of m pocket). I've never seen it happen when my phone is just laying on a table or something. It almost seems like an accelerometer issue when answering calls. This is probably why only some have seen it. I just thought this might help diagnose what is causing the issue.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
In my experience with all the 3.0 answer bugs, I have found that it only happens when I'm moving the phone when it rings (eg. Pull in it out of m pocket). I've never seen it happen when my phone is just laying on a table or something. It almost seems like an accelerometer issue when answering calls. This is probably why only some have seen it. I just thought this might help diagnose what is causing the issue.

I think you are spot on.
I was thinking the same thing.

I was able to quickly plug in my headphones and answer with the physical button on the headphones.