Teeter and HTC Hub appear on my phone out of nowhere

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Rooted. Running BAMF Forever 1.09. Stable.

Out of the blue last night, Teeter and HTC Hub appear on my phone out of nowhere. I didn't install anything recently other than the Golf Channel app. No weird side loaded stuff. All apps are out of the Play store or Amazon.

Neither Teeter nor HTC Hub have an 'Uninstall' option. Only 'Open'. Root Check says phone is still rooted. I've frozen the two new apps but still, ?????

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Its been a while since I've used a Bamf ROM... but if I remember correctly, its perfectly normal.. Bamf includes those apps in their ROMs. You can freeze or delete them from Titanium like you've already done or use Root Explorer and delete them from system>apps.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Its been a while since I've used a Bamf ROM... but if I remember correctly, its perfectly normal.. Bamf includes those apps in their ROMs. You can freeze or delete them from Titanium like you've already done or use Root Explorer and delete them from system>apps.

They weren't there before. They appeared out of nowhere. That's why I was posting....

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh... they showed up long after you flashed the ROM? ....because I know that Bamf includes those two apps with their ROMs.

That's strange o_O

Yea no kidding. I haven't flashed BAMF Forever in months as I'm happy with my 1.09 I've been running since Christmas or so and all of sudden these two things appeared. I only noticed because Teeter shows up as the very first app in the Apps part of the Play Store. And there's no name with it. Just 'TimothyMilla.'

Adobe Air was always the first app. Then I got this last night:

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, this is just interesting. Decided to do a factory reset and start over.

Copied and wiped the SD card (and have not copied it back) then did a regular 'SD & Phone Storage->Factory data reset as if I wasn't rooted/didn't have ROM Manager etc. Thus, I reinstalled the Forever ROM that I used some four months ago the last time I flashed.

Phone came back up prior to auto installing/restoring the apps with Teeter and HTC Hub already showing up in the app drawer but NOT as apps that were downloaded. They also don't appear in the Play Store as downloaded apps. It's as if HTC or VZW somehow preinstalled them on my ROM.

They just showed up as bloat as if the phone was an OEM ROM. They also appear under System Apps in My Backup Pro. They're deletable with the BAMF Settings (which I did), but still.....

Strange....

Last edited: