605.5 full stock ROM, not RUU wanted

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a battery issue and I want to see if going back to completely stock 605.5 solves the problem. Basically, I want to get back to the way my phone was right after I rooted using Revolutionary last December- full stock everything, just with root.

I can only find a multiupload link that is broken and a link to megaupload which the feds have seized. I DO NOT want the RUU because then I lose root. I'd like to have a completely stock 605.5 ROM if possible. Anybody have a link?

Reactions: Devils Advocate

dreitzell78

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a battery issue and I want to see if going back to completely stock 605.5 solves the problem. Basically, I want to get back to the way my phone was right after I rooted using Revolutionary last December- full stock everything, just with root.

I can only find a multiupload link that is broken and a link to megaupload which the feds have seized. I DO NOT want the RUU because then I lose root. I'd like to have a completely stock 605.5 ROM if possible. Anybody have a link?

Check over around bamf. They have the ruu link there. Flashing that will return you to stock, but won't make you lose root. You would have to manually unroot. Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Check over around bamf. They have the ruu link there. Flashing that will return you to stock, but won't make you lose root. You would have to manually unroot. Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I didn't see it on the team bamf website. I looked at the list of BAMF roms and saw a rooted, debloated, stock 605.3 link, but not 605.5, and I also don't want debloated, I want it to be full stock. There was a link for a forum post called all ruu's, but the first post says 'nothing to see here' and I didn't find a link. Anybody have any other ideas?

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
[ROM] 2.11.605.9 Rooted/DeOdex - STOCK - Thunderbolt Development - RootzWiki

The OP link doesnt work but someone posted a working link on one of the last pages. Hope this helps :)

EDIT: i just copied the dropbox link so you wouldn't have to go digging for it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14946970/605.9_Rooted_Deodex_signed.zip

I see that this is the 605.9 version, not the 605.5. Really the only reason I wanted 605.5 is because of revolutionary not working with 605.9, but now I'm thinking that since I'm already rooted, using a 605.9 ROM shouldn't be an issue, right? The issue is only with obtaining root if you have the stock 605.9 from the OTA update, right?

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I see that this is the 605.9 version, not the 605.5. Really the only reason I wanted 605.5 is because of revolutionary not working with 605.9, but now I'm thinking that since I'm already rooted, using a 605.9 ROM shouldn't be an issue, right? The issue is only with obtaining root if you have the stock 605.9 from the OTA update, right?

sorry i guess i didnt read what you wanted carefully enough. But, as for your root question. As long as your already rooted, it doesnt matter what ROM you flash even if its stock. Just make sure that when you flash a "stock" ROM that its a rooted ROM and not a full OTA RUU. This would actually be a good way to be able to be on the stock 605.9 OTA and still be rooted.

ps
I flashed this ROM on my Tbolt just to check and make sure that you wouldnt loose root, it worked fine and i was able to flash back to BAMF with no problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Scosch4 and tayswg20 thanks for asking what I wanted to ask and for the answer, I have wanted to try to return to the original without loosing Root for some time now, just to check up on some things. Thanks once again to you both and Have a blessed Easter.

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Scosch4 and tayswg20 thanks for asking what I wanted to ask and for the answer, I have wanted to try to return to the original without loosing Root for some time now, just to check up on some things. Thanks once again to you both and Have a blessed Easter.

No problem, glad i could help

xs11e

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so, I suspect that an OTA update will not be available for rooted phones and, if it were, you'd lose root.

You're better off waiting for the developers to create ICS ROMS, they'll be coming very soon after ICS OTA arrives.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
First, I know this thread is a month old so the OP may be long gone, but for what it's worth, do be cautious if flashing back to a fully stock ROM...your phone may want to run an OTA update that could cause problems!

will that rom get me back on track for the ics ota when it comes out

I don't think so, I suspect that an OTA update will not be available for rooted phones and, if it were, you'd lose root.

You're better off waiting for the developers to create ICS ROMS, they'll be coming very soon after ICS OTA arrives.

The simpliest answer to your question above is a resounding "NO!".

The ONLY safe way to get back on track for OTA or "offiical" updates is to completely UNroot back to full stock version of the current OS.

If you are rooted, regardless of ROM or software version you are running, you almost never want to run an official update.

When you root, YOU assume responsibility for managing your phone, that's part of the inherent risks involved. Granted, this is usually a good thing, since most of the time the devs already have ROMs out based on leaks of the update long before non-rooted users ever see it, however every time an update comes out, there are always a few posts by folks who jacked their phone up by accepting an update on a rooted phone.

Here is a PSA I posted a while back prior to one of the last OTA updates on the subject:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...latest-update-if-rooted-running-stock-os.html