help with roms

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
been running liquid smooth since early december and all was good until last weekend. went out of town for easter to a place that doesnt have 4g so i turned it off and then almost immediately started having problems like apps freezing and having to pull the battery pretty often.... so i got back home and turned on 4g and thats when the problems really started, first some apps wouldnt open, then i wasnt able to download ANYTHING outside of an app in the market/play store, and then the final straw was when my phone no longer recognized my sd card... so i restored using an old nandroid from about a month and half before and it helped a little but still wasnt back to normal. so i decided to try another rom and first tried eternity and was stuck in a forced close loop of hell, so i restored again. phone was almost back to normal but decided to try another one. loaded in thunderstick and was stuck with the same thing. now im back with liquid smooth and was wondering if this problem (s) are anything that i cause or if anyone else has encountered them.... also i should not that im running the imosayin lean kernel and was sure to wipe both the cache and the dalvik befure flashing the new rom ..... sorry for the lengthy post but just wanted to make sure i didnt leave out anything that might matter

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Before restoring your nandroid, I'd wipe all 3, as well go into advanced and fix permissions (though this might not do much if you wiped all 3).

Next time this happens to you, simply go into recovery, wipe 2, dalvik and partition and then go into advanced and hit fix permissions, might iron out some inconsistencies.

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
seems like im fine running liquid smooth but i keep getting a force closed loop of hell if i try flashing any sense based rom

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Does that include bamf forever 1.10 or 1.11 too?

Btw, remember you have to erase the bamf extras folder from sd card if changing between different bamf roms, and this could be the case with other developers roms too (I haven't tried them to know for sure, but is a possibility).

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
cant get any of the sense based roms to flash and work without first wiping all data and losing all apps .... looks like im just gonna stick with liquid smooth for now till i find another way to make it work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles