Touch not registered on right side

DaddyW123

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Running liquid Smooth rom and love it. But lately I can't press the very right hand side of the screen when in portrait mode, or the very top in landscape mode.

This is a problem when trying to click the "p" key in portrait mode. It keeps selecting "o" instead.

I think I remember BAMF had an option to re-align the screen, but I never actually used it. I've been looking for a similar option in liquid Smooth but can't find it. Any help would be great appreciated.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I dug through the standard Settings as well as the Liquid Settings and couldn't find anything like that. Unfortunately, it sounds like your screen is starting to go. You could try flashing back to (rooted) stock, since I seem to remember the stock ROM having that capability, or go back to BAMF, and just see if you can readjust the screen in either of those - if not, you know it's time to start looking for a replacement before it gets worse.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk 1

raineslc

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem but mine is on the left side....and on occasions it will start flipping and act like I am hitting a point on the screen or scrolling up and down. I'm unrooting and returning to stock as I type this and if that doesn't help I'm headed to verizon tomorrow. I let you know if I figure anything out.

raineslc

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
quick little update....tried to unroot using the thunderbolt unroot app.....realized that my power button is unresponsive when i am at the bootloader screen. So now I'm stuck...if anyone has any ideas please let me know...i really dont want to buy a new phone

jimpala

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem with what I thought was with custom roms from BAMF and Thundershed. The right side of the keyboard is off, so if I pressed P the O is selected, etc. I went back to stock and then the screen started doing weird things as people mentioned earlier in this forum at random times, but the keyboard problem wasn't present. That was last week, this week I was fine. I just flashed rooted/stock .19 last night, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any other strange behavior. Hopefully this phone lasts me another year or so, but I think its showing its life for heavy use for 12+ months.

DaddyW123

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Any update from anyone? Mine is actually getting worse. I can no longer type p or o when in portrait mode. I also can't hit the clear button from the drop down notification list anymore in portrait mode. However, I can't pull the menu down in landscape mode. So I have to pull it down in portrait, then rotate to landscape to click clear.
It's getting very frustrating. I'm very close to buying a new phone but I really don't want to.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Android Central Forums

Ztrangero

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue but it wasnt a ROM issue, it was my phone. If u still have warranty ill recommend if you unroot your phone (if its rooted) and send it back to VZW and they will replace and overnight u a refurbished one.

DaddyW123

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
How long is a standard warranty? My phone is almost a year old (some time this month) but I didn't purchase any kind of extended warranty.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Android Central Forums

Ztrangero

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It is actually 1 year if u have the TEC is 2 but since u said u dont have it then call 611 and ask them to ship a replacement. After u get the replacement u have 1 week to return your broken phone so u will have enough time to unroot. There is a post here and is really simple if u follow the steps on the post on how to unroot.

jimpala

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue as well. No fix for it, the phone needs to be replaced. Good luck as the replacements will be certified like new devices. I had two replaced in the last week with various issues and even the one I have now is acting flaky.

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I ended up having the same problem with mine. Flashed back to stock and even unrooted. It was hardware, and there was no getting around it. There is probably a dead spot down the right side of your screen, and you need to get it replaced.

Sorry I don't have a better solution for you.

DaddyW123

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I was just barely within the warranty period so I unrooted and stocked my phone with the app you can buy on the market. (I know I could have do done it manually but this was just soooooo much easier.) then got the warranty replacement.

I'm actually glad I did because I think the radios are upgraded in this replacement. I used to have periodic drops of both 4g and 3g data, but they've been pretty rock solid on this replacement.

I have rooted again just to get titanium backup working to restore my apps and to delete some bloatware, but I haven't re-rommed yet. Things seem to be working pretty well at stock rom right now.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the advice.

Sent from my replacement Thunderbolt using Android Central Forums

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Ouch!
So is it exactly the right half of screen or is it fourth quarter of screen, etc .. Curious

If happens on 50% of right side, how do you answer a call if you do?
(Decline / Answer)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Reuben Agada1

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
The right side of the my keyboard just stopped working, so if I pressed P the O is selected, wanna know if this issue is with the hardware or software..