Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By numone
  • 1 Post By Atomic_Monkey
  • 1 Post By jackmei2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    stock 4.1.2

Default Tethering Apps

Just looking for some feedback on what tethering apps work well with the tbolt. I'd like to try wireless tethering specifically. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Tethering Apps

this is the one I use:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....szym.barnacle

works great for me.
    Thanked by:
    trter10-imore likes this.
    Android monkey

ROM
    CM7

Barnacle works great for me....
    Thanked by:
    trter10-imore likes this.

android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

either that or version 2.07 have worked for me. if you do the latest version tho, make sure you enable the routing fix in the options.

my only problem with Barnacle is that it uses ad-hoc, and my work computer doesn't allow it to connect to ad-hoc networks. wifi tether shows it as an actual hotspot.
    Thanked by:
    redcat22 likes this.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.9

Running barnacle on my thunderbolt and I am able to tether my connect to my iPad, but not my nexus7. Does anyone know why that would be?

I use Opengarden and wifi-tether both work really well and both allow you to use 4G if you have it. I tried barnacle and I dont remeber for sure but I think it only allows you to use 3G unless they changed it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bamf Forever 1.0.7

Quote Originally Posted by a22shady View Post
    I use Opengarden and wifi-tether both work really well and both allow you to use 4G if you have it. I tried barnacle and I dont remeber for sure but I think it only allows you to use 3G unless they changed it.
    +1 Opengarden is one of the best and most consistent tethering apps I've used.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.9

Thanks for your reply, but still no luck. I must have a bad setting. No reason why one device see's it and another doesn't.