Thunderbolt power cycling after OTA

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
So many of you original Thunderbolt owners may remember the problems many users had with power cycling when the device was first released, VZW and HTC pushed out an update (after months of complaints) which fixed the issue.

Now after this latest OTA, my Thunderbolt is turning itself off. Not often, Ive only noticed it once every other day or so. I will pull the device from my pocket and press the power button to activate the screen, only to find that the phone is off and the red LED indicator is solid. If I hold down the power button my phone will turn on with no problems, until the power issue happens again.

I'm using a stock, never rooted TB in a 4G area, Android 2.3.4 (2.11.605.19 710RD).

Anyone else noticing this issue? :-\

durbancic

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have this issue, but ever since the update my phone will go into a white screen (htc) and then to a black screen boot loop for anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours when I UNPLUG it from a usb or charger. I have a stock, non-rooted phone and I am wondering if rooting will fix this.

Dan

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I would not recommend rooting to solve a problem like that...probably better to try a factory reset first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463