[ALL IN ONE] The HTC Thunderbolt Tool!

TC Edwards

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Tool threw me what I'm assuming is a weird error: it said that my phone was missing the SU binary and so only gave me the option to unroot or reinstall SU. As far as I'm aware, the phone's never been rooted or messed with before. It's Verizon and on the latest update. I tried installing the SU binary in what turned out to be a terrible, terrible decision (the program stopped sensing the phone and the phone itself wouldn't load past HBoot), but a factory restore fixed everything. It's still s-on, unrooted, and giving me the same message ("no SU binary") when I connect it to the tool. I have no idea what happened.

I got the same message and I e-mailed the logs to you. And it really is a Thunderbolt :

Jonathan Jacks

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The phone is currently charging, however I do have the most recent log file from trying to use the All in One tool. (I also think I emailed you a few of the logs yesterday.) Not sure what part you would want to look at... I thought this part might help.

Phone is normally booted
RAW BBHERE "/system/bin/sh: /system/xbin/busybox: not found "
RAW HASBB "no"
Bootloader: 2.25.0000 Unknown
ADB rooted: No
ROM Version: 3.14.605.12 710RD - Android 4.0.3
Superuser: binary v/system/bin/sh

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow, that is an unknown bootloader, which tells me you have a true test device o_O

I don't think that there is anything you can do to downgrade that, but you can HTCDev unlock and root from there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

dasaucemasta

May 10, 2011
Visit site
My phone now has a black screen with a picture of a phone with a red triangle and an ! in the middle of it. I had just clicked on Recovery and it brought me to this. Idk what to do! Can someone help me?

dasaucemasta

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I did exactly what another user on here said. "I followed all instructions. After entering my serial key, I got these messages....

Beta key accepted - thank you for participating!

Root acquired!
Sending in Caroline...
Cleaning up...
Rebooting to fastboot...
When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!

Waiting for fastboot...
Rebooting to fastboot (Once moar...)

I then followed the instruction from the website....exit fastboot by selecting bootloader, then select recovery. My phone restarted and now all I have is an image of the phone and a red triangle with an exclamation point through it."

I dont know how to get out of the screen now though

EDIT* I pulled the battery and retried the process again and it still brought me to the same black screen with the red exclamation point

Last edited:

TC Edwards

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to publicly say thanks for this tool. You made rooting basically dummy proof and easy even for someone with limited knowledge. Thanks!

gloa2000

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I was stuck on "The system cannot find the path specified".
then I downloaded file from the link given to ReignbowDash13. It got a step further and detected my TB and ask me to hit enter to S-OFF, but when I hit enter it hangs on:

Rooter
You don't yet have the rooter files, or there is an update.
Downloading now...

The system cannot find the path specified.

I had to close the window to stop it.
Not sure what to do here. Any idea what is wrong?

You would have to change your Region settings to English(US), you can find it in your control panel -> Regional settings(Region and language), last tab, change non-Unicode to English(United States) and try running the EXE file again to extract files again.

Hope this helps

gloa2000

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I used your Great Tool to root/unroot my ex-tb without any problems but my new TB(under insurance replacement), I had BSOD while running the batch file and I cannot get it rooted, my SU gets ForceClosed, I tried the S-off but no root option, unroot options they do not work. Help will be greatly appreciated!!

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I used your Great Tool to root/unroot my ex-tb without any problems but my new TB(under insurance replacement), I had BSOD while running the batch file and I cannot get it rooted, my SU gets ForceClosed, I tried the S-off but no root option, unroot options they do not work. Help will be greatly appreciated!!

I had someone else with the BSOD problem, and my only guess is that its the new adb.exe included. I can attempt a fix in a few hours, but if you have a different computer to try it should work

gloa2000

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I had someone else with the BSOD problem, and my only guess is that its the new adb.exe included. I can attempt a fix in a few hours, but if you have a different computer to try it should work

Thank you so much for your support, I am trying to get the program to unroot my TB so I can try rooting again.

gloa2000

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the noob questions, I am not really sure what I am doing wrong here, I finally had my TB Unrooted using the all-in-one beta tool, rooted again, it seems the SU works properly for short moment, first root check came back ok, next time when I check again, it is staying on checking......

I will try s-off but no root option again and see what happens.

Net Junkie

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, took the plunge yesterday and all seemed to go well! Then, late last night I tried to do a backup prior to flashing a new rom and that's when things went south! Titanium Backup hung at "Asking for root rights..." and Root Checker Basic hangs at "Please wait for Root Check to complete. System appears to be running very slow." Emailed the logs as per instructions and awaiting your "magic wand wave". Thanks in advance for bailing out another "noob"!!

Net Junkie

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Turned on usb debugging, ran Root Checker ... "Sorry! This device does not have proper root access." :confused:

EDIT: I think I finally got it! Running Titanium Backup now. Whew!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton