help!
Firewalls are off
antivirus is off
no blockage in the hosts file

Our checksum is D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E ThunderboltTool.bat
Correct checksum is E4EB8D91E92B92C9D404FD52BA4B456B ThunderboltTool.bat
Re-Downloading due to bad checksum
--2013-02-28 16:58:03-- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61129367/ThunderboltTool.bat
Resolving dl.dropbox.com... 54.235.188.193, 50.16.221.213, 50.19.244.79, ...
Connecting to dl.dropbox.com|54.235.188.193|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 NOT FOUND
2013-02-28 16:58:03 ERROR 404: NOT FOUND.

Redownload from OP you're using a very old version

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

CunningStunt

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I started to root my wifes Bolt but she had newest OTA, when i ran this method I got all the way to the screen with the phone picture with an exclamation point. How do I restore or recover until root avail for ICS?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I started to root my wifes Bolt but she had newest OTA, when i ran this method I got all the way to the screen with the phone picture with an exclamation point. How do I restore or recover until root avail for ICS?

In short :
You'll have to unlock bootloader first. Then you can bring her phone back one version, then root it with this tool.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Qobalt

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Awesome info!!

I was just wondering if I can use this process on a TB that has been flashed over to Cricket and has gingerbread (2.3.4) and software version 2.11.605.19 710RD? Also can this be done without destroying my cricket flash?

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Awesome info!!

I was just wondering if I can use this process on a TB that has been flashed over to Cricket and has gingerbread (2.3.4) and software version 2.11.605.19 710RD? Also can this be done without destroying my cricket flash?

Should work in theory, but I can't promise anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
trter10-2, does this root method block OTA Software updates? Reason why I ask is that no more than 5 minutes ago my phone told me it was receiving an OTA update. Of course I immediately shut it down and removed the battery. Now what though? I am also going to ask on INfected since I had NuSense on there. Thanks for any input you can give me. To clarify I am meaning the pre ICS method of rooting, I rooted prior to the ICS update and have been rooted ever since. Just don't want an update bricking my phone.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
trter10-2, does this root method block OTA Software updates? Reason why I ask is that no more than 5 minutes ago my phone told me it was receiving an OTA update. Of course I immediately shut it down and removed the battery. Now what though? I am also going to ask on INfected since I had NuSense on there. Thanks for any input you can give me. To clarify I am meaning the pre ICS method of rooting, I rooted prior to the ICS update and have been rooted ever since. Just don't want an update bricking my phone.

Devils,

It seems this is happening to those who rooted via revolutionary too..

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=266678

I don't know what to do. Don't want it to update on its own without me knowing so I could stop it. Thought this doesn't happen on custom roms.

from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

thetryal

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
first, thank trter for the hard work and answering all the novice questions
second, pardon the ignorant newbie question:

i currently have been running the rooted method explained in the thread for quite a few months. is there a easy, step by step way to update to the latest OTA update (4.0, i think). i am a complete novice and really dont understand the acronyms and language. can anyone point me in the right direction?

thetryal

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I used clockwork recovery to reset in recovery and select zip file from SD card. I found the steps on the other sticky ( [Guide] How to Backup, Restore & Install ROMs) and followed the steps, I wiped the data, cleared dalvik, cleared cache. I tried loading the deodex full file and radio/baseband combo from the sd card. The file loaded fine but for some reason the phone kept reseting. It would run for a couple minutes then reset the phone. I tried loading the radio but it kept aborting.I had to reload the backup I made b/c the loaded rom wasnt working properly.

I currently have rooted gingerbread per instructions listed in the begininng of this thread.

Do I need to do something else? What did I do wrong? What is 4ext recovery, what is ext3 format?

Will using this thread as a guide to root give my the requirements Santod listed:
You must be s-off and Rooted
With a custom recovery
ICS RADIOS
4ext Recovery
Make sure to format in ext3 format!
You need to wipe everything!!!!
There is no data wipe built in so folks can reflash at will and restore system.
First time, wipe everything!!! All partitions except SD!
Especially if coming from GB or AOSP!

Last edited:

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Thought I'd give you guys an update. I bought and received received a replacement thunderbolt and now can finish testing v1.1.0 of the tool (Which supports ICS!). Hopefully this will conclude tomorrow and I will be able to publish it. I update XDA the most, so if you want to know the latest you can check the thread there.
:)

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
trying to return my Tbolt to stock to trade it back to Verizon..but the driver installer that the readme says to run, isnt supported in my version OS (Windows 8) :( ..even tried different compatibility modes too..no go

acsmith1972

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Thought I'd give you guys an update. I bought and received received a replacement thunderbolt and now can finish testing v1.1.0 of the tool (Which supports ICS!). Hopefully this will conclude tomorrow and I will be able to publish it. I update XDA the most, so if you want to know the latest you can check the thread there.
:)

I'm guessing the reason I can't root my phone is the latest OTA update?

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to root my thunderbolt for the first time( I know...I know I'm late to the game - better late than never - I'm just tired of all the extra 'bloatware' as they call it on my phone) and I have all of the latest updates. I know on other forums it says that I have to use the InfectedROM's method of rooting it since I have the lastest updates on my phone. I'm really going crazy to a point where all of the information I'm reading is starting to mix together. Can you guys clarify it for me. Do I follow InfectedROM's method of rooting it since I have the latest updates or do I use the all in one tool?

Any other information for a first timer would be greatly appreciated. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance