Restore Thunderbolt without SD Card.

MetalPirate

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I rooted my thunderbolt using Revolutionary and installed a BAMF rom.

Now my phone is acting up (Wont read SD cards), so I want to get it fixed. The problem is I have no way to restore it to the stock ROM. Anyone have a way to do this without an SD Card (I have the SD card, works fine on my computer, so I cant just swap out the SD cards as its the device not reading them)

Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
From what I can tell you don't need an SDCard to root/unroot your device - seems like most methods use adb and a USB connection to do their magic. You should be able to return it to stock/unrooted as long as you follow the directions for whichever method you originally used.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
HTC Thunderbolt Restore from Google Play:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...NvbS5kYXJrc2xpZGUudGh1bmRlciJd&token=gGHmuxQn

The best $1.99 I ever spent, I was unable to connect to ADB.

I don't think that app is going to help the OP as it requires a working SD card in the phone (per the app description). Looks like the app basically downloads a RUU to the SD card then flashes the phone with it.

To the OP, I think you're stuck trying to put any other ROM on the phone without it being able to mount/read an SD card. Otherwise, you'd have to somehow be able to flash a ROM over the USB cable. Don't know if that's possible.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

mrbates

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have that application and it does not work with the recent Revolution root method... Bought it when usb quite working and was useless and developer never respond to any emails or updated application..

Strange, I rooted with Revolutionary In December and this app worked great for me. Perhaps Revolutionary changed and I didn't know it.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I rooted my thunderbolt using Revolutionary and installed a BAMF rom.

Now my phone is acting up (Wont read SD cards), so I want to get it fixed. The problem is I have no way to restore it to the stock ROM. Anyone have a way to do this without an SD Card (I have the SD card, works fine on my computer, so I cant just swap out the SD cards as its the device not reading them)

Thanks.
have you tried taking your SD Card out and putting it in an Adapter and seeing if it reads on your PC?. If it does, what I would do is copy everything from the SD onto your computer. Then FORMAT it on the PC. Put it back in your phone and FORMAT it there also. Then do the USB connection and copy everything BACK to the card.

Also, I use "4ext" rom manager.....AMAZING program 4ext

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty