Sense 3.5 and 2.11.605.19 ROM.

circsmonky

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Any one know of a ROM that has these. my ROM hasnt been updated in a long time and i would like to get more current. i want to try the new software but theres a few aspects of sense 3.5 i like that arnt in earlier versions. any thoughts?

dizzyrickyb

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe there is much difference in the way of .9 to. 19 that will make a difference. For sense 3.5 eternity is an excellent,stable rom. I was running for months with no problems. Battery life was awesome for a sense rom. You could try the. 19 radio as I've heard ppl say better reception and data speeds. But every tbolt is different. Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

circsmonky

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
i software version is very old, not even .9 the rom i have is from like dec i think. you got a link for eternity by chance? ill check it out

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Any one know of a ROM that has these. my ROM hasnt been updated in a long time and i would like to get more current. i want to try the new software but theres a few aspects of sense 3.5 i like that arnt in earlier versions. any thoughts?

Eternity 3.5 was a good daily driver for me, but it ended up being too laggy for my liking. Went back to liquid 3.2. I haven't found a faster rom yet.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

circsmonky

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
i have been running liquid vigor sense. though i havnt spoke to liquid in a while im not sure if he is still developing. i used to test for him.

gonna try eternity thanks for the link.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
THe problem with ".19" is that they took away the hot linking ability due to APPLE sueing HTC (and other android makers). I am using i-kream which is a very stable .19 ROM.

Trentoncc24

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Can someone explain what this hyperlink function that has been removed actually does? Am I missing something, because I haven't noticed anything being removed.

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain what this hyperlink function that has been removed actually does? Am I missing something, because I haven't noticed anything being removed.

With that update if you click on a phone number in web page you will not be able to call it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Trentoncc24

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
With that update if you click on a phone number in web page you will not be able to call it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Also, I noticed after the update that when I would click on a link to the play store, it would take me to the web play store instead of the app on my phone, which I found annoying.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Wonder if there will be any apps developed to remedy this.

According to the article below you can modify the system/build.prop file to get the functionality back:

How to restore the functionality the Apple v HTC war has taken away [root] | Android Central

Or you can flash the previous software version 2.11.605.9 that still has the functionality in it. That's the route I took and then rooted. I haven't seen any difference in the phone's performance or network stability on the previous version compared to the newer one (2.11.605.19). IMO, I think that latest version was primarily to remove the hyperlink functionality with a few minor things thrown in.

2.11.605.9 RUU (file name: PG05IMGmr4.zip and size: 440.8 MB)
Thunderbolt Ruu's - Minus

MD5: 013cbdd3a9b28bc894631008fa2148e2