Anyone one running - ROM | InfectedROM Eternity? TB Sense 3.5

IntheStorm

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So is anyone running, | ROM | InfectedROM Eternity? TB| NIGHTLYS | Sense 3.5 | XE BEATS AUDIO ?

☆ ★ | ROM | InfectedROM Eternity? TB| NIGHTLYS | Sense 3.5 | XE BEATS AUDIO | ★ ☆ - xda-developers

I just installed it on my new TB as the old one crashed. I have found it to be nice in the sense of the layout and some of the options but it is EXTREMELY slow compared to my last one, Gingivitis 1.2. I am thinking of going back to Gingivitis because at least it was faster!

What are people experience with that ROM and what other ROM would you recommend.

Thanks guys

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I like Infected Eternity, but I prefer BAMF SoaB if I'm gonna use a Sense 3.5 ROM. But that's just my opinion. I haven't tried Gingeritis 1.2. I have used Gingeritis 3D, which is okay, but I probably prefer BAMF Forever 1.11 or even Thunderstick FullBlown 1.1.1 if I'm gonna go with a 3.0 ROM.

Right now, I'm using Bully Desensed 1.7 with trter's tweaks, and I like it. I also like LiquidSmooth 3.2 and Thundershed 1.6. There are a lot of good ROMs out there. It really just comes down to what you're looking for.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I personally thought eternity was a beautiful rom but was way too slow and laggy for me. Went back to liquid 3.2 and its my daily driver until we get ics.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried sense 3.5 but strangely I found my data reception wasn't as good as in other versions of sense or even aosp.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I personally thought eternity was a beautiful rom but was way too slow and laggy for me. Went back to liquid 3.2 and its my daily driver until we get ics.

yup, this^

I think it's soo feature packed that it's a detriment to the rom. super laggy for me. I went back to liquid 3.0 tho and loving it.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I ran it for a couple days. Very laggy. I flashed liquid 3.2 today and I'm liking it.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Android Central Forums

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm on LS 3.2 as well... Viper, out of curiosity, what radios are you on?

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Settings/about phone/software info/more/baseband...
4b84d5b8-5db5-318c.jpg

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been using the Infected Eternity 8-4 rom most of this week. I really like it, pretty smooth. The kernel code, which I have little knowledge of how it works or how to change, appears to be overclocked PLUS quickly puts the phone to sleep. So I'm getting good battery life AND a fast phone.
Only issue so far is that the WiFi has trouble waking up sometimes from the deep sleep.

armycop

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Infected Eternity 8-4 rom most of this week. I really like it, pretty smooth. The kernel code, which I have little knowledge of how it works or how to change, appears to be overclocked PLUS quickly puts the phone to sleep. So I'm getting good battery life AND a fast phone.
Only issue so far is that the WiFi has trouble waking up sometimes from the deep sleep.

Running Infected's Eternity as well, but I can watch my battery drain before my eyes! I do like the ROM tho, everything works smooth and it's got good speed out of the box. Trying to find some more battery life tho.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Running 8-4 as well, and I like it but the data connection has been kinda iffy. Wifi's been great for me.

Everything else has been fantastic. Running JD and a battery script, plus an extended battery (First buy for any Android phone for me) but so far, I'm really liking it, for the FWIW file.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I use to love Infected stuff...but the last RLS build seem to not work that well...lots of Force Closes and battery drain. I did clean installs.

Trentoncc24

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I use to love Infected stuff...but the last RLS build seem to not work that well...lots of Force Closes and battery drain. I did clean installs.

Have you tried the 8-4 build? It seems to work well, I just chose to stick with r248 because the 8-4 release doesn't have the screen off volume button track skipping tweak built in.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Old thread, I know but I have been having this problem also. I really like the ROM but the quick settings on the lock screen sometimes take 10 seconds to load after I select them. Apps, at times, will take a while to load also. Anyone know how to possible speed this up??

If not, what are other good ROMs to flash?? I know it's all about what you are looking for and for me, it's really just battery life (Eternity has AMAZING battery life), I like the Sense 3.5 locker albeit not a necessity, and snappy, responsive loads of basic, every day phone use. It's getting a little annoying having to wait as long as I do to get my dial pad and messages up (happens 50% of the time).

Anyway, I'm always up for suggestions.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember if this ROM has an app that allows you to overclock and change governors, but I think it does. If it does, I'd go in and raise the Min. to 368 and raise the Max to 1171 or 12something. Also, take a look at which governor it's on and let me know which other choices you have.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember if this ROM has an app that allows you to overclock and change governors, but I think it does. If it does, I'd go in and raise the Min. to 368 and raise the Max to 1171 or 12something. Also, take a look at which governor it's on and let me know which other choices you have.

When I watched a review for it, I could've swore it did have those options. I cannot find it though. Is it a setting or an app?? In the System Tweaks, I do have "God Mode" which I thought would allow me to change it (for obvious reasons haha) but it seems that's not the case. Still can't find it. Sucks too b/c my phone was unplugged at 7:45 today when I left for work and now w/ little use, it's still at 100% LOL. This battery life seemingly can't be touched.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millionmiles