Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone one running - ROM | InfectedROM Eternity™ TB Sense 3.5

So is anyone running, | ROM | InfectedROM Eternity™ TB| NIGHTLYS | Sense 3.5 | XE BEATS AUDIO ?

☆ ★ | ROM | InfectedROM Eternity™ TB| NIGHTLYS | Sense 3.5 | XE BEATS AUDIO | ★ ☆ - xda-developers

I just installed it on my new TB as the old one crashed. I have found it to be nice in the sense of the layout and some of the options but it is EXTREMELY slow compared to my last one, Gingivitis 1.2. I am thinking of going back to Gingivitis because at least it was faster!

What are people experience with that ROM and what other ROM would you recommend.

Thanks guys

Default Re: Anyone one running - ROM | InfectedROM Eternity™ TB Sense 3.5

I like Infected Eternity, but I prefer BAMF SoaB if I'm gonna use a Sense 3.5 ROM. But that's just my opinion. I haven't tried Gingeritis 1.2. I have used Gingeritis 3D, which is okay, but I probably prefer BAMF Forever 1.11 or even Thunderstick FullBlown 1.1.1 if I'm gonna go with a 3.0 ROM.

Right now, I'm using Bully Desensed 1.7 with trter's tweaks, and I like it. I also like LiquidSmooth 3.2 and Thundershed 1.6. There are a lot of good ROMs out there. It really just comes down to what you're looking for.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

I personally thought eternity was a beautiful rom but was way too slow and laggy for me. Went back to liquid 3.2 and its my daily driver until we get ics.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk 2
    jackmei2 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have started using Thunderstick FullBlown 1.1.1 and i like it. Its pretty good.
    joshb4real likes this.

I tried sense 3.5 but strangely I found my data reception wasn't as good as in other versions of sense or even aosp.

Quote Originally Posted by RJV3 View Post
    I personally thought eternity was a beautiful rom but was way too slow and laggy for me. Went back to liquid 3.2 and its my daily driver until we get ics.

yup, this^

I think it's soo feature packed that it's a detriment to the rom. super laggy for me. I went back to liquid 3.0 tho and loving it.

I ran it for a couple days. Very laggy. I flashed liquid 3.2 today and I'm liking it.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Android Central Forums

ROM
    TSBB 3.0.3/imo-5.1

I'm on LS 3.2 as well... Viper, out of curiosity, what radios are you on?

Sent from my HTC T-Bolt using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rodawg71 View Post
    I'm on LS 3.2 as well... Viper, out of curiosity, what radios are you on?

I'm still a noob at this. I don't even know.

not sure what it means, but i googled how to find out what radio i was using, and next to radio it just has numbers

ROM
    TSBB 3.0.3/imo-5.1

Settings/about phone/software info/more/baseband...

Now how do I post the screenshot I just took?

Global Posts
    926 Global Posts

I have been using the Infected Eternity 8-4 rom most of this week. I really like it, pretty smooth. The kernel code, which I have little knowledge of how it works or how to change, appears to be overclocked PLUS quickly puts the phone to sleep. So I'm getting good battery life AND a fast phone.
    Only issue so far is that the WiFi has trouble waking up sometimes from the deep sleep.

ROM
    Flava of the Week is..

Quote Originally Posted by worwig View Post
    I have been using the Infected Eternity 8-4 rom most of this week. I really like it, pretty smooth. The kernel code, which I have little knowledge of how it works or how to change, appears to be overclocked PLUS quickly puts the phone to sleep. So I'm getting good battery life AND a fast phone.
    Only issue so far is that the WiFi has trouble waking up sometimes from the deep sleep.
    Running Infected's Eternity as well, but I can watch my battery drain before my eyes! I do like the ROM tho, everything works smooth and it's got good speed out of the box. Trying to find some more battery life tho.

Running 8-4 as well, and I like it but the data connection has been kinda iffy. Wifi's been great for me.

Everything else has been fantastic. Running JD and a battery script, plus an extended battery (First buy for any Android phone for me) but so far, I'm really liking it, for the FWIW file.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

I use to love Infected stuff...but the last RLS build seem to not work that well...lots of Force Closes and battery drain. I did clean installs.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by defcon999 View Post
    I use to love Infected stuff...but the last RLS build seem to not work that well...lots of Force Closes and battery drain. I did clean installs.
    Have you tried the 8-4 build? It seems to work well, I just chose to stick with r248 because the 8-4 release doesn't have the screen off volume button track skipping tweak built in.

Quote Originally Posted by RJV3 View Post

Old thread, I know but I have been having this problem also. I really like the ROM but the quick settings on the lock screen sometimes take 10 seconds to load after I select them. Apps, at times, will take a while to load also. Anyone know how to possible speed this up??

If not, what are other good ROMs to flash?? I know it's all about what you are looking for and for me, it's really just battery life (Eternity has AMAZING battery life), I like the Sense 3.5 locker albeit not a necessity, and snappy, responsive loads of basic, every day phone use. It's getting a little annoying having to wait as long as I do to get my dial pad and messages up (happens 50% of the time).

Anyway, I'm always up for suggestions.

I don't remember if this ROM has an app that allows you to overclock and change governors, but I think it does. If it does, I'd go in and raise the Min. to 368 and raise the Max to 1171 or 12something. Also, take a look at which governor it's on and let me know which other choices you have.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    I don't remember if this ROM has an app that allows you to overclock and change governors, but I think it does. If it does, I'd go in and raise the Min. to 368 and raise the Max to 1171 or 12something. Also, take a look at which governor it's on and let me know which other choices you have.
    When I watched a review for it, I could've swore it did have those options. I cannot find it though. Is it a setting or an app?? In the System Tweaks, I do have "God Mode" which I thought would allow me to change it (for obvious reasons haha) but it seems that's not the case. Still can't find it. Sucks too b/c my phone was unplugged at 7:45 today when I left for work and now w/ little use, it's still at 100% LOL. This battery life seemingly can't be touched.

I've noticed a lot of videos have different Infected Tweak screens than I do. Take this video for instance (3:20 mark):

THen a screenshot of what I'm working w/:

http://imageshack.us/a/img580/7487/20121001113217.png

So I don't know if I'm working w/ an older version, newer version, partial version..... this is my first ROM so I don't know. I know I didn't receive any of their developed wallpapers that are supposed to come (or so I thought but it's not like I care)...... so I'm confused haha

Do you have an app called "no frills cpu control" in the app drawer? If not, grab it from the market or if you want to spend a couple bucks, get SetCPU, which I think is a much better app. Either way, you can overclock with them.

Here's an explanation of what the different governors do: http://androidforums.com/xperia-mini...explained.html

Nice! It worked a little bit and had made it a little more responsive but not instantaneous. I don't know what to expect in terms of speed but it's gotten better.

If I have time, I'll load it up later and see how fast the quick launch apps respond for me. Which governor did you decide on?

I loaded up this ROM and checked the load speed of the lockscreen apps. To be honest, they loaded up in around a second, and I didn't notice any significant lag like you experienced. However, I did experience a ton of lag with the ROM itself, but I might have an old version (not sure). Also, it seems like it only has the "Lagfree" governor, which isn't one of my favorites. If you went with NoFrills CPU Control, make sure it holds your settings.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast