Question regarding clean ROM flash

KronoS.893

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed my Thunderbolt atleast five times now, rooted it, etc....

What I'm trying to get at is that I have a bit of experience working with custom roms.
My issue lies in the fact that I want to start with a clean SD card (i.e. Freshyly formatted)... but I have yet to format an SD card pre-flashing a rom.

As far as what needs to be on the SD card, I understand I will need the rom.zip itself and any corresponding radio files. On top of that, I also plan on making a backup of my current rom and making a copy on my PC (So that I may, as I said before, format the SD card).

Does anyone have any input towards any issues with what I plan on doing? Since CWR is flashed onto the phone itself, I assume the SD card contents don't affect anything in regards to ROM flashing (Save for having the ROM files themselves present).

Thanks in advance for any help/answers! :D

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed my Thunderbolt atleast five times now, rooted it, etc....

What I'm trying to get at is that I have a bit of experience working with custom roms.
My issue lies in the fact that I want to start with a clean SD card (i.e. Freshyly formatted)... but I have yet to format an SD card pre-flashing a rom.

As far as what needs to be on the SD card, I understand I will need the rom.zip itself and any corresponding radio files. On top of that, I also plan on making a backup of my current rom and making a copy on my PC (So that I may, as I said before, format the SD card).

Does anyone have any input towards any issues with what I plan on doing? Since CWR is flashed onto the phone itself, I assume the SD card contents don't affect anything in regards to ROM flashing (Save for having the ROM files themselves present).

Thanks in advance for any help/answers! :D

I did recently what you are wanting to do. I got a refurb TBolt and wanted to start BRAND clean as I say it. So, I transfered everything to my PC (via a adapter or you can just hook the phone up to the PC with the cable). I after I was sure everything was on the PC I checked to make sure it was. I unplguged the phone and did a FORMAT SD Card.

I admit, for a few mins. I was freaking out...but I knew I had a back up of it on my PC. It put all the necessary system files after the format back onto the card.

I then re-hooked up the phone and copied only the things I wanted to BACK to the phone.

You can also use Titanium or My BackUp Pro (my choice) and only restore whatever APK's and Data you want.

Hope that helps!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon