Let's skip ICS and go straight to JB

dbornack

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
With all of the IC development problems for the TB.. has anyone given a shot at JB yet?

I'm sure the radio problem is just as hard to overcome, but we might as well start looking to the next thing....

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
We can double check this in the Nexus Forums, but I believe that many of the Jelly Bean ROMs for that phone are built using the ICS radios. I know that the Devs have already ported Google Now to most phones running ICS (xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD] [4.0+] [UPDATE 08/06] The Google Now for ICS Project [APK AND ZIP] [ARMv6&v7] ), so I don't see why they couldn't come up with a JB Rom for us once Verizon leaks an ICS RUU for our Bolts.

Then again, I'm not a Dev, so it's easy for me to say it would be easy for them....:cool:

dbornack

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I was just reading an article today on JB, and got really excited about it.

Hopefully Verizon has a phone or two on the horizon soon that will carry it natively.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The only reason the TB is having problems with ICS is due to the fact that ICS is such a drastic change to the RIL and developers can't crack it. With an official 4.0.x RIL we will be able to get custom ICS ROMS working just fine I expect. And based upon the earlier replies, Jelly Bean doesn't have any significant changes to the way it handles the radio, so it should be feasibly possible to jump to JB as well, once we get some kind of leak/update from Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21