Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mightyfacundo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Default Thunderbolt Team BAMF ics leaked rom...Wifi tether not working

Ok so I installed the new ics leaked rom from the team BAMF website and I'm liking sense 3.6. Before I was running liquid smooth 3.2 and that rom had a wifi tether cooked in. No issues on running the tethering. Previous to that I had infected 3.5 and ran the wifi tether app. No issues. Now I'm on the leaked ics rom and now wifi tether starts up with errors and I can't figure out why?

Can someone help?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    InfectedROM 3.5

Default Re: Thunderbolt Team BAMF ics leaked rom...Wifi tether not workin

ya i ran into the same problem.

For me right now...i really need the hotspot/wifi

I tried everything i could possibly think of...Nothing worked.
    the only reasonable explanation is that due to the fact that the new ICS release is from HTC...it has restrictions built into the ROM.

Sorry, but to the best of my ability, I cant think of a way to fix it

You can try this:

I saw this on Rootz:

"OK open wifi tether
    open settings
    choose device profile
    select "generic ice/KB wlan0 "
    enable or disable routing fix (either seems fine on my phone)
    enjoy the wifi XD"

Thanks to DeReaper. Hopefully it will work for you.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Thanks, it worked for me but I did have to enable the routing fix to get it to work.

Be aware there are earlier versions of Wifi Tether that do not have the profile noted above and the Play store said I had the latest version. I had to uninstall and then reinstall the latest from Play.
    Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    You can try this:

I saw this on Rootz:

"OK open wifi tether
    open settings
    choose device profile
    enjoy the wifi XD"

Thank you... That worked like a charm.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

You can try this:

I saw this on Rootz:

"OK open wifi tether
    open settings
    choose device profile
    enjoy the wifi XD"

Wifi tether fixed following these directions. Thanks a million. First my galaxy tab 8.9 got the official 10.1 port for ics and now my thunderbolt. Looks like I don't need to shell out any $$$ for a new device now that my tether works again. Thanks again!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gingeritis 3D v1.2

Default Re: Thunderbolt Team BAMF ics leaked rom...Wifi tether not working

This is awesome!!! This was the only item that seemed to be "broken" with the BAMF ICS ROM install. I tested this and got some good speeds on my laptop. I also enabled the routing fix. The latest version that I am using is dated 8/20/2012 in the Play Store.
    BlackBerry Storm I >>> BlackBerry Storm II >>> HTC Thunderbolt >>> Rooted >>> Gingeritis 3D 1.2 >>> TeamBAMF ICS >>> Jelly Bean ROM (I Hope)

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.11 3++

Default Re: Thunderbolt Team BAMF ics leaked rom...Wifi tether not working

So far, after dealing w/ a less than happy bolt, I wiped and installed this. WOW!!!! So far, it's awesome. Slowly putting my stuff back on it and cleaning up the mess BAMF Forever left behind.

You can try this:

I saw this on Rootz:

"OK open wifi tether
    open settings
    choose device profile
    enjoy the wifi XD"

This worked great for me! Before the wifi tether would start but it wouldn't initiate fully. The profile change worked like a charm. Need the latest version of Wi-Fi Tether for Root Users (link to app in store).

Just to let you know what I'm running
    Thunderbolt ROOTED, ICS 4.0.4

Best of luck! BTW, I rooted last night using this guide, which worked well, however, it erased ALL my personal data and reverted it back to "stock" format. The guide made NO mention of this prior to like step 12 of the guide -"-youll see the purdy screen pictured in step 13. use the vol rocker to chose "yes unlock bootloader" and select it with the power button. your phone will reboot,performaing a factory data reset in the process. your data is gone,sorry this boot may take a bit longer than they normally do,dont freak out this is normal". This upset me as I was not expecting it, having rooted 4 other Android phones without losing my data prior to this, including my Thunderbolt pre-ics. Also, the temporary PG05IMG file that it lists (PG05IMGrecovery-ra-mecha-3.06-gnm.zip) does not have a matching MD5 checksum as it is a different file than the one that was originally attached to the tutorial due to the newer one being more stable. The one I downloaded had a MD5 of ccd64cadf2b98e8f446e79d5a5c3d1a8 just for those that want to know.

BTW, all this was posted via my working Wi-Fi Tether (:

Best of luck,

[MisterHighway]

Quote Originally Posted by MisterHighway View Post
    chose "yes unlock bootloader" and select it with the power button. your phone will reboot,performaing a factory data reset in the process. your data is gone,sorry this boot may take a bit longer than they normally do,dont freak out this is normal".[/I] This upset me as I was not expecting it, having rooted 4 other Android phones without losing my data prior to this, including my Thunderbolt pre-ics.
    Wow that truly sucks, I wouldn't think it should wipe, but oh well, I do appreciate the tip and I'll keep in mind when need to root wife's tbolt.
    Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    TI-83 >> HP 12c >> Blackberry Storm (9530) >> HTC Thunderbolt >> Moto X (2nd Gen.)
    עם ישראל חי

I was having troubles also until I saw your post. This is what fixed it for me: select "generic ice/KB wlan0 "

Thank you!