Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default problem with liquid ICS

cant get past the activation page. it tells me its unable to activate my mobile data service. any idea whats causing this?

Default Re: problem with liquid ICS

With these ICS ROMs, the mobile data needs to be turned on manually. Go into settings and turn it on. If this doesn't fix it, reboot the phone and try again. If that doesn't work, or you've already done all of this, let me know.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    With these ICS ROMs, the mobile data needs to be turned on manually. Go into settings and turn it on. If this doesn't fix it, reboot the phone and try again. If that doesn't work, or you've already done all of this, let me know.
    thanks. seems to be running great! wow this rom is fast
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

well i hope this gets better. when running on mobile data, my download speed is under 2 mbps as compared to almost 18 on wifi
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

actually i dont believe the speed test im using. surfing the web using web data seems fine.

If you're using the liquid ICS ROM by Jester, it only has 3G working right now, so those speeds are about right. I've heard rumors of them dropping an update soon that restores 4G. When that happens, I think it will become THE ROM for the Bolt.
    viper31573 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post
    actually i dont believe the speed test im using. surfing the web using web data seems fine.
    What are you using to test the speeds?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    What are you using to test the speeds?
    Speed test app

Sent from my ADR6400 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

1 last question(i think). is there a reason why the wifi symbol on my phone is sometimes blue, and other times its grey?

Blue SHOULD mean that it's connected, and grey unconnected, but I've found that that isn't always the case.

Speed test is usually pretty accurate. That's what I use. Thanks.
    Thanked by:

I love this rom but how do I get my contacts back without verizon backup assistant app? Is there a way to download this application? The contacts on this rom only list my facebook contacts but not the ones saved through my backup asistant before I installed this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by smmytmc View Post
    I love this rom but how do I get my contacts back without verizon backup assistant app? Is there a way to download this application? The contacts on this rom only list my facebook contacts but not the ones saved through my backup asistant before I installed this.
    You could back up your rom as it is now then flash back to what you had and either writevyhem all down or export them to your sim or SD card then flash back to ics and you will either have to enter them all again or import them from where ever you exported them to buy you may end up with a whole lot of e mail contacts. I'd also like to know if there is an easier way

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Also is there a way to collapse keypad so you can see what you are typing? Not so much a problem here but another forum I visit is very hard to post on since I can't collapse keypad

Open Source For Life!

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beans v7

Not sure about in this rom but the back button usually collapses the key pad for me.

Do i need to install an updated radio when running this ROM if i am coming from GB?

Quote Originally Posted by iuchilton View Post
    Do i need to install an updated radio when running this ROM if i am coming from GB?
    No, but I would recommend using the radios from the 2.11.605.19 OTA. If you have those, you're good to go.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Android Central Forums

Anyone else having issues with email notifications showing up in the status bar? I see them come in, but then disappear and i have to drag down the status bar to see them. I have them checked to show in the email settings. The same is happening with the alarm clock icon, app updates, FB notifications, etc.

Nope, I haven't had these issues. If it's an annoyance you don't want to deal with anymore, I'd probably flash superwipe, format everything except sd, and then re-flash the ROM. It's a bit of work but I think it would take care of the problem, unless you already did that before flashing it the first time. In that case, I might just re-flash the ROM and see if that fixes it.

Sent from my ADR6400L

I'm having a couple of slightly annoying random issues as well; both the Gmail app and the stock email app (which I use for my school email) seem to stop showing me the content of messages after awhile. I can see it as a preview, but when I open the message itself, it's blank. Sometimes audio notifications seem to mute themselves as well. They play in the app's settings, but not when I get a message. Both issues are temporarily resolved by rebooting, but it's rather annoying. The sound thing may be my phone, though, it was starting to do the same thing off and on in CM7.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisarandomusername View Post
    I'm having a couple of slightly annoying random issues as well; both the Gmail app and the stock email app (which I use for my school email) seem to stop showing me the content of messages after awhile. I can see it as a preview, but when I open the message itself, it's blank.

I noticed this as well, but if I backed out of the mail app and then went back in it would show up for me. Not sure if you tried this already, but if works for you, it sure beats rebooting.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

If already answered please forgive me but where can I get this ROM?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    If already answered please forgive me but where can I get this ROM?
    [ROM] *9/09/2012* - Liquid ICS *MR2V7* JMOD - NEWSWORTHY - xda-developers

Thanks now to flash the heck out of this Bolt, are there any new problems that people are having?

I'm just hoping for an update with video camera fixed but of course I would never post that in the liquid thread. Nusense works very well but I honestly prefer AOSP. Still, I just hate bugs of any kind. Not blaming the developer mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I'm just hoping for an update with video camera fixed but of course I would never post that in the liquid thread.

Does anyone have any idea if they plan to work out the bugs and release a new version? Yes, I could go read through all of the posts over there, but I'd rather not have to if someone here already knows the answer. Thanks.

Sent from my Thunderbolt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast