★ ☆ | ROM | NuSenseROM | ICS Sense 3.6 | BEATS AUDIO | XLoud | Beta | ☆ ★

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: ★ ☆ | ROM | NuSenseROM | ICS Sense 3.6 | BEATS AUDIO | XLoud | Beta | ☆ ★

by the way, this rom is awesome in every possible way! i havent found any problems with it

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

No WiFi with latest ICS leak... Fix? - Thunderbolt - RootzWiki

No WiFi with ICS leak.... fix? - Thunderbolt Help & Support - TeamBAMF

Big John and I have the same problem with WiFi on every ROM based off of the BAMF ICS leak, and we're not alone. The top link is to my thread at Rootz, the next one is my thread at BAMF. Those links will detail everything I've tried to get WiFi working consistently, and you can see my screen shots to give you a better idea of the problem we're experiencing. I tried everything that everyone suggested. I had a small success with the .9 radios at the expense of bluetooth, but as soon as I left my house, I would lose WiFi again and have to go through the long, drawn out process to get it back briefly, and it just wasn't worth it at that point. I have good 4G at my house and around town, so it's not imperative that I have WiFi, but I'm still not going to use a ROM without WiFi as my daily driver.

If you can solve this mystery, I'd appreciate it, because so far, no one else has been able to do it. And just so you know, WiFi works for me on Liquid/Jester's ICS ROMs, and I've never had an issue on any of the other 30+ ROMs I've tried on my Bolt. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

My plight exactly.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

love this one so far. Have to give it the test Friday night but so far so good.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

the information on this rom sounds like a Go! after reading the changelog to v6.4, i'm really excited, though before i do move forward with it, i have some noobatious questions:

1) i read the instructions that it worked when flashed via ext4. i still use cwm, and i'm assuming you can flash via either way, though, can anyone confirm they didn't run into any surprises when using cwm as we know from Santod it was loaded with no problems with ext 4.

2) i'm currently on bamf forever 1.10 + zigg custom kernal, by flashing this, would i need to flash a different kernal, or is there one that overrides the existing kernal, or is zigg kernal safe to use with this rom (I'd like the most ideal setup, whatever is recommended. If i need to have zigg removed, i will, just need some help/direction how)

3) radios. i'm currently on 2.11.605.5, 1.48.00.0906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2
this radio worked great for me until about june when all the intermittent data problems started happening. really hope that by flashing this new rom, with the new recommended radios (i believe .19?), that the intermittent data will get resolved (although my wife has 2.11.605.19 on her non-rooted and has problems too). Do I flash the radio before the rom or after, what is recommended?

thank you

Last edited:

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

the information on this rom sounds like a Go! after reading the changelog to v6.4, i'm really excited, though before i do move forward with it, i have some noobatious questions:

1) i read the instructions that it worked when flashed via ext4. i still use cwm, and i'm assuming you can flash via either way, though, can anyone confirm they didn't run into any surprises when using cwm as we know from Santod it was loaded with no problems with ext 4.

2) i'm currently on bamf forever 1.10 + zigg custom kernal, by flashing this, would i need to flash a different kernal, or is there one that overrides the existing kernal, or is zigg kernal safe to use with this rom (I'd like the most ideal setup, whatever is recommended. If i need to have zigg removed, i will, just need some help/direction how)

3) radios. i'm currently on 2.11.605.5, 1.48.00.0906w_1, 0.01.78.0906w_2
this radio worked great for me until about june when all the intermittent data problems started happening. really hope that by flashing this new rom, with the new recommended radios (i believe .19?), that the intermittent data will get resolved (although my wife has 2.11.605.19 on her non-rooted and has problems too). Do I flash the radio before the rom or after, what is recommended?

thank you

This is my favorite ROM out at the moment and I assure you, you wont be let down...

1.) I use CWM 5.0.2.1 and have had NO issues at all flashing this or any ICS based ROM. alot of people like 4EXT because at the end of the day, there seems to be less problems. I have had no reason to switch from CWM so I still use it.

2.) Once you flash this ROM, you wont need to worry about any kernels at all. this ROM has a HTC kernel already built in. There are no 'outside' kernels that have been developed for any ICS sense based ROMs yet. so that means no OverClocking. But you wont need too.

3.) As for radios, I would recommend switching to this RADIO COMBO, as it has had the best results according to most of the people that use it. you can read more in the link. it is the 605.19CDMA/605.2LTE radio combo. I use it and have had no issues and lighting fast LTE with no reboots. FLASH radio after you flash the ROM.

I am sure you know this, but read the whole 1st three posts that SANTOD has started at his site. it will help you tremendously. If you need any other help don't be afraid to ask!

Drive fast, take chances
SETH

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

This is my favorite ROM out at the moment and I assure you, you wont be let down...

1.) I use CWM 5.0.2.1 and have had NO issues at all flashing this or any ICS based ROM. alot of people like 4EXT because at the end of the day, there seems to be less problems. I have had no reason to switch from CWM so I still use it.

2.) Once you flash this ROM, you wont need to worry about any kernels at all. this ROM has a HTC kernel already built in. There are no 'outside' kernels that have been developed for any ICS sense based ROMs yet. so that means no OverClocking. But you wont need too.

3.) As for radios, I would recommend switching to this RADIO COMBO, as it has had the best results according to most of the people that use it. you can read more in the link. it is the 605.19CDMA/605.2LTE radio combo. I use it and have had no issues and lighting fast LTE with no reboots. FLASH radio after you flash the ROM.

I am sure you know this, but read the whole 1st three posts that SANTOD has started at his site. it will help you tremendously. If you need any other help don't be afraid to ask!

Drive fast, take chances
SETH

thanks a bunch!

so just some extra clarification about #2, I'm guessing the htc kernal that is baked in will override the zigg kernal i have right? You mean, just let the rom do its thing i'm assuming. :)

to flash the radio combo, i take the file "PG05IMG.zip" and place in root of sd card, and boot into hboot. hboot detects the zip and loads it automatically right? (havent yet flashed a radio)
another thing to confirm, to flash the radio combo, when done flashing the rom,
(a) is there a way to boot into hboot from recovery or
(b) do i let the rom fully load and then reboot into hboot or
(c) can i load zip from sd card in cwm (or maybe i'm wrong and radios can only flashed in hboot)?

last time I flashed a different rom was about a year ago, was on bamf cubed and went to forever 1.10, only thing involved was to erase the extras folder from sdcard. Since i'ts been a while, i need to be refreshed, so in the most basic way, here are the steps i need to take to flash NuSense, correct? (please correct me if wrong, or if you or anyone has additional tips to add)

1) Ti-backup + nandroid current running rom
2) boot into recovery, clear cache, clear dalvik, & factory data reset (some recommend doing these more than once)
3) flash NuSense rom from sdcard via load zip from sdcard in cwm
3a) how do i get to hboot from cwm in order to flash radio combo (can i press volume down and power in recovery, will that boot into hboot?)
4) let the rom fully load, wait for the blue lockring to show
4a) flash the radio combo now if couldnt in 3a

all help is appreciated to the fullest!

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

thanks a bunch!

so just some extra clarification about #2, I'm guessing the htc kernal that is baked in will override the zigg kernal i have right? You mean, just let the rom do its thing i'm assuming. :)

to flash the radio combo, i take the file "PG05IMG.zip" and place in root of sd card, and boot into hboot. hboot detects the zip and loads it automatically right? (havent yet flashed a radio)
another thing to confirm, to flash the radio combo, when done flashing the rom,
(a) is there a way to boot into hboot from recovery or
(b) do i let the rom fully load and then reboot into hboot or
(c) can i load zip from sd card in cwm (or maybe i'm wrong and radios can only flashed in hboot)?

last time I flashed a different rom was about a year ago, was on bamf cubed and went to forever 1.10, only thing involved was to erase the extras folder from sdcard. Since i'ts been a while, i need to be refreshed, so in the most basic way, here are the steps i need to take to flash NuSense, correct? (please correct me if wrong, or if you or anyone has additional tips to add)

1) Ti-backup + nandroid current running rom
2) boot into recovery, clear cache, clear dalvik, & factory data reset (some recommend doing these more than once)
3) flash NuSense rom from sdcard via load zip from sdcard in cwm
3a) how do i get to hboot from cwm in order to flash radio combo (can i press volume down and power in recovery, will that boot into hboot?)
4) let the rom fully load, wait for the blue lockring to show
4a) flash the radio combo now if couldnt in 3a

all help is appreciated to the fullest!

Yes. No matter what ROM you flash, it will override any previous Kernels you had in place (as long as you properly wiped everything first, ie... data, cache, dalvik)... So, in short, YES let the ROM do its thing ;)

You are correct on the placement of the radio "PG05IMG.zip" file, it goes on the root (not in any folders) of your SD card... Hboot DOES automatically detect it. After you flash the ROM and get your phone up and running. Shut the phone off completely. The only way to get into Hboot is to hold volume down and power at the same time. you phone will auto boot into Hboot and ask you to press volume up to confirm.. at this point you can follow the directions on the phone screen (very easy) I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST 40% BATTERY LEFT BEFORE YOU FLASH A RADIO! IF YOUR PHONE DIES, OR IF YOUR BATTERY FALLS OUT (FROM DROPPING IT)... YOU WILL HAVE A PAPERWEIGHT, IE... BRICK.... after following the on screen directions, and you turn your phone back on, immediately go to the root of your sd card and put the radio file into another file or rename it. just get it off the root of your sd card.

I think I have answered all of the questions so far. just flash the ROM. let it do its thing (blue ring), then shut of phone and flash new radio. you will be good to go and have much more confidence at this point.... I am happy to answer any questions you have. also, if you havent already, set up an acct at infected website and don't hesitate to ask anything over there too... this ROM is way more active over there :) happy flashing my friend

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

^^ hopefully with my noobanian questions and your helpful answers we've helped others solve some of their problems too.

great tip to keep in mind about the 40% battery for flashing the radio!

thanks again!

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

^^ hopefully with my noobanian questions and your helpful answers we've helped others solve some of their problems too.

great tip to keep in mind about the 40% battery for flashing the radio!

thanks again!

well... we all start out as Noobs! some people forget that though.

... and I say "40%" just to be safe. I'm sure you could get away with 30% if you had to.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

@ssethv & @santod

i did it late last night, radio combo too! so far i'm really impressed!
i really like the animated boot + all the tweaks that can be done to the notification bar quick settings etc.
there is soo much to learn and see here! it's both smooth and fast too!
lte/3g both working, wifi tether is working (@Santod, thanks for the settings in your post)

still have to try out wifi and bluetooth.
had gibrish in notification bar 1 time, went into tweaks - it got ironed out and is fine now.

one of the main things i still have to try and figure out is the sound settings. When i go into settings > personalize > sounds, i try and change to different ringtones or notification sounds but can't and am instead notified that a link to the program is no longer available (something like this). I did notice the link below on the rom's d/l page too, could this be the patch, and if so, how and where do i add this, is it a simply flash in recovery?
http://beta.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390077933525140894

thanks!

btw, if i see after some time that this can be my daily driver, i'm definitely donating!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

scosch

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed that the camcorder doesn't work on most of these ics roms. Long shot or not, I have to ask: does it work on this one?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I've noticed that the camcorder doesn't work on most of these ics roms. Long shot or not, I have to ask: does it work on this one?

Yep :-D
Confirmed, pictures and video both work for me on both rear and front cameras.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

I did notice the link below on the rom's d/l page too, could this be the patch, and if so, how and where do i add this, is it a simply flash in recovery?
BetaV6.4_Album_Ringtone_fix.zip ::. | by Santod Mods for Thunderbolt

thanks!

btw, if i see after some time that this can be my daily driver, i'm definitely donating!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Yep... just flash in recovery. really glad you like the ROM... Santod is the man!!!

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Taking forever to dl the updated ROM oh well it may be worth it.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Btw, was on wifi all day at work today, no problems. Was in car, turned on bluetooth on tbolt, no problems, no reboots.

I'm on it now 2 days straight, so far so good, more like great! Santod even added Google now which runs great too! Going to reflash this again tonight as I think some of the TiBu restore messed stuff up for me. Need to start fresh. I will miss it until I get everything back up and running again.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Set it up and now to test it. Silly question that I cannot remember how to do, How does one get the soft keys to stop vibrating every time I touch them?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

@ssethv: Is there any way to change the look of the folders? Thanks.

@DevilsAdvocate: Just go into Settings/Sound/scroll down to Vibrate Feedback and uncheck it.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Minor problem, not able to get on to the network at all, wifi works but nothing else. May reboot and see what happens. I love this ROM either way. Of course I am in a somewhat rural area but I have noticed great 4G connections until this. Maybe I need to let it cook again.