Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Default Re: ★ ☆ | ROM | NuSenseROM | ICS Sense 3.6 | BEATS AUDIO | XLoud | Beta | ☆ ★

On 10.8,

Occasionally I get lookout is not responding (got that on 6.4 too, no biggy for me)

Wifi, blue tooth, data all work, as they did on 6.4 too. Wifi tether too, the new superuser app seems good so far.

I'm still monitoring battery. First full day of use yesterday, got over 12 hours with extended battery (been texting family up north, hurricane sandy), was looking for more but that's what I got.. Still in monitoring mode.

Loving the additional tweaks to the rom, However, you must be careful and not try and activate a feature that the phone cannot deal with yet. Happened to me, error msg came up every second or so saying Sense has crashed or can't load. I couldn't get back into the tweaks to change back. I know I had fiddled with the wrong tweaks as I had the phone working fine on 10.8 before fiddling.
    So I went back into recovery and re flashed it and advance restored all. Did some minor tweaking and all good so far.

My radios are the same which were recommended for 6.4, the combo radios. Here's the link:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1864157

ALSO, I know I missed 7.2, and I'm not sure if this was in there or not, but my Gmail is version 4.2 which includes pinch to zoom! Even my non rooted JB tablet doesn't have that yet! :-D

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Green_Laser; 10-30-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    עם ישראל חי

Default Re: ★ ☆ | ROM | NuSenseROM | ICS Sense 3.6 | BEATS AUDIO | XLoud | Beta | ☆ ★

I would be happy with 8 hours of battery, I am really thinking about checking out 10 again now.

Today I got less battery, but still letting the rom settle in.

One thing I have noticed is that when I long press our home button to change apps, I get an error message saying "unfortunately system UI has stopped", can only press ok. No previous apps load like they could in 6.4.
    Could be I have a tweak messing it up, but doesn't bug me. I'll find a way around it, although I do like and am used to change apps that way.

עם ישראל חי

Hello all!

I'm a new forum member and a new root user. I just flashed this ROM (ver. 10) last night and I really like it so far but was curious about some things. So far, everything has worked perfectly (I have 4G no problem, wifi is working better than before) but I have noticed the battery being reduced like nobody's business! I go to my power section and it states I have 50 or so minutes (of actual use) left. It seems to be losing 1% every couple minutes without actually doing much (checking email, texting, etc). I've tried to adjust the display properties as much as I can to no avail.

Should I wait it out and see if it needs time to equalize? It's been less than a day, but I don't think it should be draining THAT fast.

Also, I know it's been mentioned, but is there any way to adjust the audio so it doesn't skip? I use pandora and such a lot and I could immediately tell.

Thanks in advance!

(Also: Would moving some bloatware to the SD card help? I'm assuming if the program is moved, it is no longer "running" on the phone's memory, therefore it won't take RAM and such, which would (in theory) help battery life as having less background programs running. Am I kinda on track?)
    Last edited by EvilAlbatross; 10-31-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Additional Questions

ok guys, got some battery info.
    Did some battery monitoring all yesterday, took multiple screenshots of battery life, sharing the last one.

* V10.8
    * extended batt by seidio
    * phone used lightly that day
    * 5 gmail accounts always in sync, plus sense weather, backup assistant & whatsapp
    * juice defender pro, turns on data radio every 30 min or when I turn screen on.
    * did some calling, texting, wifi, wifi tethering (~160mb), received emails

unplugged my phone at 10am yesterday, didn't hook up to power all day, here's what I got:

hour 1 (10am) = 100% bat.
    hour 5 (3pm) = 77%
    hour 10 (8pm) = 49%
    hour 12 (10pm) = 40%
    hour 13 (11pm) = 25%
    hour 14 (12am) = 16%

so it's safe to say that on a day of light to casual use, I can get about 14-16 hours of use.

the night before it, I was purposefully trying to drain the battery for this test, and to do so, I had the flashlight on as well as a surveiliance camera app and the sucker wouldn't let go of 2% battery, I'ver never seen it stay on a % that long like I saw 2%. As % went down, the percentages lasted longer & longer as they went down. You know this, such as when you disconnect your phone from being charged all night it can suddenly show 98% down from 100% in a few seconds.

Just wanted to share so you know what to expect with that kind of use and battery, although every phone can still act differently.
    ★ ☆ | ROM | NuSenseROM | ICS Sense 3.6 | BEATS AUDIO | XLoud | Beta | ☆ ★-screenshot_2012-10-31-23-58-20.png
    עם ישראל חי
    Thanked by 2:

So juice defender is worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
    So juice defender is worth it?

JD can always help some.
    It's neat as you can customize it in a way that whenever your screen is off, data radio is off too. You'll still receive telephone calls and texts messages as that radio stays alive. But let's say you want to listen to Internet radio via an app but don't want to keep the screen on, well, No Problem! (I sound like an infomercial guy hehe). You can customize certain apps you want to work to keep data radio alive while screen off. A good example, I selected maps (for navigation with screen off), xiaa & TuneIn radio apps, as well as wifi tether app, all to be able to access data while the screen is off. Of course, while your data radio would be on, you'd still get Gmail and other sync coming in automatically, but when screen off, Gmail etc sync will be off too (if you choose, whatever you choose).
    I'm not entirely sure the free version gives you the options above, however they allow you to start with a free version to check the app out.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    עם ישראל חי

Bought the pay version, pretty neat so far. Expect some stupid questions from me on the customization of it, more than likely via private message

Not sure which thread I saw it in, but I downloaded the root dim app and the free juice defender and I'm seeing a big difference in battery life

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

This is with a reg battery

Quote Originally Posted by viper31573 View Post
    This is with a reg battery

Omg wow! I'd love to achieve those/higher numbers with ext battery.
    What is your use and setup like?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    עם ישראל חי

Today was a little lighter than usual use wise. I was on wifi all day. I'm running root dim and free juice defender

Last edited by viper31573; 11-03-2012 at 11:53 AM.

On way to get root dim! Need to try it too. Thanks

עם ישראל חי

Im actually gonna go back to 10.8 now and see how it goes.

The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

sseth i thought you picked up a gnex!!!

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 

Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    ROM
    ViperRez

I cannot get bluetooth to work on the 10.8beta. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
    I cannot get bluetooth to work on the 10.8beta. Any suggestions?
    What radios are you using? I had some bluetooth issues with the .19 radios. Every time I turned on the bluetooth, I had to connect, sync, and get the whole thing working again. I flashed the recommended radios and haven't had any issues with bluetooth since.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #143  
    ANDROID OBSESSED

Global Posts
    1,587 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    sseth i thought you picked up a gnex!!!
    I did, and loved it! but I had to return it because Verizon was going to take away my unlimited data. I tried to stay under 2 gbs... using wifi and every other trick BUT after 10 days I hit the 2 gb mark and I had to return it to keep my data... However, if I get the gnex used or just buy it outright, then I can keep my unlimited. I average 10gbs data a month.

Then the day after I got my bolt back, ICS was leaked and now all of these roms are coming out. I am saving up for a used gnex, but I just got engaged and moved to another side of town, so money is sorta tight. I miss euroskank!!!
    zero neck likes this.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by ssethv View Post
    I did, and loved it! but I had to return it because Verizon was going to take away my unlimited data. I tried to stay under 2 gbs... using wifi and every other trick BUT after 10 days I hit the 2 gb mark and I had to return it to keep my data... However, if I get the gnex used or just buy it outright, then I can keep my unlimited. I average 10gbs data a month.

Then the day after I got my bolt back, ICS was leaked and now all of these roms are coming out. I am saving up for a used gnex, but I just got engaged and moved to another side of town, so money is sorta tight. I miss euroskank!!!
    I hear that, congratulations on the engagement!

I'm actually gonna switch to straight talk and get nexus 4: save a ton of loot bc vzw is outrageously priced and I need my data.

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
    ssethv likes this.

Installed on my G/F's phone since hers starting messing up and for some reason would no longer open taxt messages. my initial impression so far is great. I tried most things (IE, Wifi, Good 4g service, Phone is quick to respond and flows smoothly. Maps/GPS works great no issues. Now just waiting for her to play with it and add her mail settings and things back in and use the phone for voice/text. But all signs point to this being very good. Waiting to test out battery once its calibrated and give it a go through

Too laggy for me now, worked great at first but ce la vie, I think I am going to try Twisted's CM9 / LiquidSmooth / AOKP / Random ICS from here [ROM] CM9 / LiquidSmooth / AOKP / Random ICS - xda-developers
    If not I go back to Thundershed

GL the first one mentioned above is great, Santod is awesome but this one has great battery. Have been using my phone like normal and going multiple days without recharging middle of the day. It may be the radios not sure but until I get bored or laggy this is the shiznit IMHO using Rezound battery FWIW

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Android Central Forums
    Open Source For Life!

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beans v7

Just installed this rom last night. Had it chargin during install then took it off around 11pm. Woke up this morning (8am) with 70% battery left. I get alerts etc through the night. I haven't put it back on the charger yet and i'm only down to about 65% after almost 2 hours of heavy usage (email, text, facebook, twitter, cal updates, light internet, espn news). Only complaint is a slightly laggy keyboard but I think if i turn off the sounds that will help. I turned of vibrate feedback because that always hurts it.

I love having Google now baked into this ROM but I have a question. The play store is telling me that a new version of Google now is available. Does anyone know if I'll bork anything up by updating it?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    @drew3sbs on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    I love having Google now baked into this ROM but I have a question. The play store is telling me that a new version of Google now is available. Does anyone know if I'll bork anything up by updating it?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    It won't let you update. You'll get a message saying your device isn't compatible

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast