What are the good ROMs right now?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been running Gingeritis 3D v1.0 for about 9 months now and its time to move on to something different. I love this ROM but its feeling outdated and slowing down a bit and still a tiny bit buggy.

What are the good ROMs these days with sense? Or without although I've only ever dealt with sense so I'm apprehensive about leaving it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have thundershed 1.6, and I'm really liking it. I had only dealt with sense up until getting it, and its a pleasant change.

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a major difference jumping from sense to non-sense/aosp?

And, if I jump from this good old Gingeritis to Thundershed 1.6, will I have to flash a new radio and kernel or are they included with the ROM?

anon(531015)

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Thundershead is a nice one. Nusense was a little to buggy for me

Right now I'm running liquid ICS MR3V1 and it's pretty sweet. Netflix and camcorder are offline but otherwise pretty fast and stable for me so far

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Thundershead is a nice one. Nusense was a little to buggy for me

Right now I'm running liquid ICS MR3V1 and it's pretty sweet. Netflix and camcorder are offline but otherwise pretty fast and stable for me so far

Granted there a few minor bugs that are going to be fixed (it is beta BTW), all major components work, and work well.:) The vast majority of problems people had with Nusense were caused from not letting the ROM settle properly. After flashing, there certain times where you have to wait a good 10-15 minutes so that the phone can finish loading/activating. It's because of the older hardware in the tbolt (single core too). I just flashed it yesterday and i really like it. It's one sexy ROM! Yeah i just said that.:p

anon(531015)

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Granted there a few minor bugs that are going to be fixed (it is beta BTW), all major components work, and work well.:) The vast majority of problems people had with Nusense were caused from not letting the ROM settle properly. After flashing, there certain times where you have to wait a good 10-15 minutes so that the phone can finish loading/activating. It's because of the older hardware in the tbolt (single core too). I just flashed it yesterday and i really like it. It's one sexy ROM! Yeah i just said that.:p

It's nice but after a couple full wipes and flashes with plenty of hang time and still getting some nagging issues, I decided to move on until the next update. I'll be back to it soon enough I'm sure

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
One sexy ROM you're referring to NUsense or Thundershed?

Also what are the issues you're facing?

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
One sexy ROM you're referring to NUsense or Thundershed?

Also what are the issues you're facing?

Nusense. There are a few small "bugs" that exist on purpose (power menu isn't fully functional and music skips a little) because santod (the dev) wanted work on initial performance, stability and battery while porting ICS from another phone. I just encountered a possible wifi bug, but it actually might be a particular app (Scramble with Friends... frickin Zynga).

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Ended up flashing Thundershed 1.6 and I like it quite a bit so far. Its crazy fast compared to the Gingeritis I was running.

One major thing I miss that I haven't figured out on Thundershed yet is how to have the little numerical icon pop up on the messages and email app tabs that show you how many new messages or texts you have. Anyone have any idea as to how to get that?

Also can you somehow make the homepages go all the way around as opposed to one direction and then the other?