1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Default Question about Thundershed 1.6

I've been running Gingeritis v1.0 forever now and am thinking about jumping to Thundershed 1.6 and I have a couple questions about doing so.

1. What are the best radios to run with this ROM?
    2. And does the ROM include both the proper radio and kernel or do I need to install them separately from the ROM?
    3. Lastly, does everything work well on this ROM? Mainly gps lock and signal switches between 1x/3g/4g.

I've read through a few hundred pages on a different forum but would like an Android Central opinion.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Question about Thundershed 1.6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckawd View Post
    I've been running Gingeritis v1.0 forever now and am thinking about jumping to Thundershed 1.6 and I have a couple questions about doing so.

1. What are the best radios to run with this ROM?
    2. And does the ROM include both the proper radio and kernel or do I need to install them separately from the ROM?
    3. Lastly, does everything work well on this ROM? Mainly gps lock and signal switches between 1x/3g/4g.

I've read through a few hundred pages on a different forum but would like an Android Central opinion.

1. I think the best radios are the .19 radios from the most recent OTA.
    2. ROMs don't come with radios, but they do come with kernels specifically for the ROM.
    3. You'll have to flash the agps fix but after that, the gps should work fine. I don't have many problems with the data hand off but that might be because I have good signal pretty much everywhere. There is one spot where I always drop data but it's always the same place. Other than that, everything else works for me.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    1. I think the best radios are the .19 radios from the most recent OTA.
    2. ROMs don't come with radios, but they do come with kernels specifically for the ROM.
    3. You'll have to flash the agps fix but after that, the gps should work fine. I don't have many problems with the data hand off but that might be because I have good signal pretty much everywhere. There is one spot where I always drop data but it's always the same place. Other than that, everything else works for me.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thank you very much for the reply! Do you by chance have a stable dl link for Thundershed and the .19 radio?

Time to brush up my memory on flashing and backing up. Been a while.

Did you accept the most recent OTA? If not, if you look in this forum, you'll find a thread with a link for the radios. I'm just not in a place I can look for them.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

I was able to find the newest radios and I did indeed just flash Thundershed 1.6 but I am having a few major issues it seems or else I'm just missing the functions entirely. My physical home button doesn't do anything first off. I let the ROM settle for a bit then opened the browser to check it out and them couldn't close it because my home button doesn't do anything. Any thoughts?

Did you do a complete wipe or use superwipe before flashing? From the problems you're experiencing, it sounds like you might not have, but I could be wrong. I use superwipe before flashing every ROM. If you Google "Superwipe Mecha Thunderbolt", it will come up. Just download it, put it on your sd, flash it, and then flash the ROM again.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6

Quote Originally Posted by mightyfacundo View Post
    Did you do a complete wipe or use superwipe before flashing? From the problems you're experiencing, it sounds like you might not have, but I could be wrong. I use superwipe before flashing every ROM. If you Google "Superwipe Mecha Thunderbolt", it will come up. Just download it, put it on your sd, flash it, and then flash the ROM again.
    I did indeed do a full wipe and then flashed the ROM again and let it settle longer so it is working now. Getting used to non-sense based stuff will be the next part. Still working on setting everything up and figuring out exactly what this golauncher does widget wise etc. And for wifi tether, is it not included in this ROM? Still not 100% sure I can get used to this whole new set up until I get it just perfect but so far its pretty swell.

And I'm still working through figuring out how the gallery works and deleting some of the weird pictures that came with it. Wish there was a way to start the pics part of the gallery at the end of Tue pictures. I have 4000 pics and scrolling through all of them takes forever.
    Last edited by chuckawd; 10-13-2012 at 11:43 AM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Thundershed v1.6