Problems with 4EXT/nandroids/maybe partitions also.

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I was running Thundershed 1.6 and was having alot freezes. I went into recovery to flash my GB .9 nandroid and when i got to the 4EXT menu a message appeared at the bottom of the screen saying "Unconfigured. Use 4EXT app to set me up" which i've never seen before. I contiued on because there was no sense in going back and putting up with constant freezes. I wiped cache/dalvik, formatted all partitions except SD card, and formatted system/data/cache. I selected the nandroid and the message "Considering your selection and files contained in this backup, i'm about to restore: boot system data cache" appeared (which is normal, right?). Everything was fine until "Error while restoring /data!" appeared. I tried to flash nandroid again and this time "Error while formatting /system" appeared. I then tried to restore my nandroid of Thundershed but got a "status 1" (?) error while trying to do that. I powered down and rebooted in recovery. I started to poke around in 4EXT a little and noticed that data was mounted and i couldn't unmount it. I wiped/formatted again and tried to reflash both nandroids which still didn't work. Rebooted into recovery and was able to unmount data but cache and system had mounted by themselves which i haven't seen before. At this point i figured i just try to turn the phone on and see what would happen and i got the htc white screen, thunderbolt boot animation, and then eventually the home menu with this message in a dialogue box: "System UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable. I'm Feeling Lucky (button)." The only way i could proceed was to tap the button. The default wallpaper was back but the layouts on the homescreens were the way i had set them up except instead of icons for the apps, there were squares which said "problem loading" or something like that. I rebooted into recovery wiped/formatted and then restarted phone but this time i couldn't get past the boot animation. I could type a few paragraphs about what i've tried but nothing has worked. Desperately looking for help.:(

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmmmm.... Let me start with some questions.

Do you still have Rom Manager on your phone or did you uninstall it when you installed 4eXT?
Have you been able to get the phone to boot since you wrote this?
Can you get into recovery from the hboot menu?
If you can, have you tried flashing or reflashing a rom?
Which radios are you using right now?

And a couple of things:

"The default wallpaper was back but the layouts on the homescreens were the way i had set them up except instead of icons for the apps, there were squares which said "problem loading" or something like that." This is actually kind of normal in my experience. For some reason, Launchers will do this and I've had to remove the widgets from the homescreens and then re-add them.

If you can get into hboot and then into recovery, hopefully you can flash another rom (any ron compatible with your radio will do. If that works, reboot and then uninstall 4eXT. You can try re-installing it, but I would recommend going with Rom Manager for the time being so you can get your phone back to a working state. I do have another idea, but hopefully this works. Of course, you may have already tried all of this, and if so, let me know.

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I uninstalled ROM Manager, but no matter because I can't boot the phone at this point. I can still boot into hboot and recovery though. I have tried flashing nandroids and reflashing Thundershed. I was using .19 radios when i flashed Thundershed 1.6, but when i started having problems i flashed the .9 radios. My gut feeling is that one of the partitions (system) has been damaged. The strange thing is i don't know what originally caused the problem(s). How did 4EXT get unconfigured? Did 4EXT damage a partition? Vice Versa? Was it the ROM's fault? I'm still trying to work through this. Thanks for your help thus far! What other ideas/suggestions might you have?

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
You might be on the right track! I flashed the .19 radios and rebooted and got to the unlock screen. Unfortunately when i tried to unlock the phone, it froze again, rebooted, and got stock at the white htc screen. What are your thoughts at this point?

EDIT: Just repeated process and didn't get past htc white screen. I then reflashed .9 radios and couldn't past the htc white screen. DANG!

Last edited:

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Still not having any luck with this. Despite the RUU helping for only a brief moment, i think the problem may be the system and data partitions. I cannot mount them in recovery. The cache partition is acting funny as well. When i reboot recovery, cache partition is already mounted. If i unmount it and then try to remount it, it won't work much like the system and data partitions.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it, but it might be time to call Verizon and see if they'll replace it. If the RUU won't work, flashing a rom won't work, and you're not able to get past the white HTC screen, it sounds like a problem with the phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so, but I've also never heard about the problem that you're experiencing.

Also, I don't think it will change anything, but have you tried flashing superwipe and then flashing a new rom? Don't restore a rom you have but actually flash a new rom?

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok i have superwipe now, thanks! I went to infectedrom and liquid smooth sites and couldn't dl anything... i click on the links to dl and the webpages aren't found. This is so frustrating. What other roms would you suggest?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you try the links at rootzwiki? And do you have a sd card reader so you can put the rom onto your sd card?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude