What's the best battery life, no frills ROM out there (Thunderbolt just got downgraded to a toy)

Ricom1

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I just switched over phones after owning my trusty TB for 2 years. I have now given it to my sons so they have a phone to play with. The only thing it needs therefore is WiFi connectivity...all other options are unnecessary.

What ROM would you recommend for me so this TB can stay charged for a longer time and without any reboots. (and also taking up the least amount of footprint would be good).

Thank you!

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have used bugless beast but I don't know if they make it for the tb.
No frills just nice stable aosp rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've tried almost every ROM, and settled on Thundershed 1.6 with ADW Launcher EX instead of the Go Launcher that comes with it. I can go all day and then some with moderate to heavy use and it never gives me any problems.

And it also has one of the smallest footprints of any ROM.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
BAMF Forever 1.09 (not 1.11 which is the current) worked perfectly for me. All day WiFi battery life. (4G battery life is not to be spoken of).

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thundershed 1.6. And if you're up to trying different kernels you squeeze out some more.
Holo Launcher or ADW both are tidy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
im also using thundershed with the updated zoom kernel and yesterday after 13 hrs, i was at 50% and thats with my reg battery, not extended