Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default What's the best battery life, no frills ROM out there (Thunderbolt just got downgraded to a toy)

I just switched over phones after owning my trusty TB for 2 years. I have now given it to my sons so they have a phone to play with. The only thing it needs therefore is WiFi connectivity...all other options are unnecessary.

What ROM would you recommend for me so this TB can stay charged for a longer time and without any reboots. (and also taking up the least amount of footprint would be good).

Thank you!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Default Re: What's the best battery life, no frills ROM out there (Thunderbolt just got downgraded to a toy)

I have used bugless beast but I don't know if they make it for the tb.
    No frills just nice stable aosp rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Default Re: What's the best battery life, no frills ROM out there (Thunderbolt just got downgraded to a toy)

I've tried almost every ROM, and settled on Thundershed 1.6 with ADW Launcher EX instead of the Go Launcher that comes with it. I can go all day and then some with moderate to heavy use and it never gives me any problems.

And it also has one of the smallest footprints of any ROM.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

I second Thundershed. I ran BAMF Forever for a long time, Just switched to Thundershed last week and the battery life is great.
    "Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt Hoooooooo!" - Lion-O

BAMF Forever 1.09 (not 1.11 which is the current) worked perfectly for me. All day WiFi battery life. (4G battery life is not to be spoken of).

Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    ROM
    SfK CM7

Thundershed 1.6. And if you're up to trying different kernels you squeeze out some more.
    Holo Launcher or ADW both are tidy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    BB 8330 (Curve)---> 9530 (Storm) --> 8330 (Curve) --> 9650 (Bold) -->HTC - rooted Thunderbolt NuSunse 5.2 with NuKernel & Nook HD+ 32G - CM 10.2

im also using thundershed with the updated zoom kernel and yesterday after 13 hrs, i was at 50% and thats with my reg battery, not extended

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Where can I find the zoom kernel?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn826 View Post
    Where can I find the zoom kernel?

his post says its tiamat, but he gave me the wrong link. the link in his post is zoom

{CUST} ThunderShed v1.6 | CM7.2 [ICS-ish] {June, 4} - Thunderbolt Development - RootzWiki - Page 555

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.10

Thanks!