Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Trying to return TB to stock, cannot connect to PC without a reboot loop

Hello,

I recently switched to a new HTC 8X and took my Thunderbolt off my account. However, I would like to give it to a friend of mine who needs a working phone. I had rooted with Revolutionary, and I would like to restore it to stock and wipe my data. However, whenever I plug the TB into my PC, I get a message in Windows that the USB device malfunctioned, and then the phone goes into a reboot loop. The only way I can get the phone to boot is to pull the battery, put it back in and then hold UP on the volume while hitting the power button. I have been able to get into the bootloader and tried a factory reset but the phone just goes into the reboot loop. I also tried the factory reset from the settings menu, with the same result. I should mention that I am running Windows 8 on my PC, so perhaps that explains why the PC isn't recognizing the phone?

Any help or suggestions anyone has would be very much appreciated.

Default Re: Trying to return TB to stock, cannot connect to PC without a reboot loop

I can't be sure but I think it might be Windows 8 causing the problem. Any chance of trying it on a different pc with 7?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums