I rooted my TB last night using Revolutionary and, while I'm rooted, I used the app Root Validator and it says that I don't have Busybox binary or applets, but I do have Superuser Binary, Superuser applications and am rooted. The main reason for rooting was to get rid of bloatware and access the mobile hotspot for when I get a Nexus 7 soon for my kids. I can get rid of the bloatware using Titanium Backup, but is there another way? Every time I remove an app w/Titanium it restarts the phone and is a pain. And how do I activate the mobile hotspot? Do I need an app to assist with that? For now, when I check the box it tells me I need to subscribe for it, just like it used to tell me. Thanks!
Scratch the last part of that. Realized that I had to have apps for the wireless tether/hotspot, so got all set up on that and the uninstall. But is the Busybox stuff a problem? I'm not a Linux or code guy, so I'm thinking that it's not, but just want to make surePalm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4
- 12-19-2012, 02:17 PM #2
- 1,400 Posts
Re: Root Questions/Problems
Congrats on rooting! You can always download the free version of Busy Box from the market. As for removing bloat, each ROM I've flashed has already had all of the Big Red bloatware removed. Granted, the devs sometimes added their own bloat from time to time, but it was never enough to bother me. So that's a long way of saying that I never manually removed it, so I can't help you with a faster way. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a suggestion.
- By FullWolfMoon in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2012, 07:37 AM
- By PortareAF in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 9Last Post: 02-02-2011, 02:16 PM
- By Nkass21 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 06-07-2010, 09:56 PM
- By specops2k3 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 03-06-2010, 08:59 PM
- By Corey in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 10Last Post: 02-04-2010, 09:14 PM