UnSense ROM of happiness.

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had the Thunderbolt since day #1 (literally) and although I've had ups and downs, I can't remember being this happy. Just a couple of months ago, I found out about the InfectedRom site, and the amount of work that those guys are doing over there to constantly update and improve these phones is phenomenal. I've tried many different ROMs, and although I can't complain too much about any one of them, Santods most recent UnSensed ICS ROM is by far the smoothest I've had. As of right now, everything, including Netflix, WiFi Tethering and MMS is working flawlessly. Seriously! Although it's only a day old, I can't say enough good things about his newest build (version 7.9). I haven't tried the NuSensed 4.0 ROM, but I hear good things about that as well. Again... I know everyone's phones are different, but FOR ME... this build (including no data drops in the last 24 hours) has been a great experience.

Anyway... I just wanted to share to those of you who root your phones. For me... I can upgrade at any time, and I'm waiting to see what's up with the M7, but in the meantime, this has given me (virtually) a new phone.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Thunderbolt since day #1 (literally) and although I've had ups and downs, I can't remember being this happy. Just a couple of months ago, I found out about the InfectedRom site, and the amount of work that those guys are doing over there to constantly update and improve these phones is phenomenal. I've tried many different ROMs, and although I can't complain too much about any one of them, Santods most recent UnSensed ICS ROM is by far the smoothest I've had. As of right now, everything, including Netflix, WiFi Tethering and MMS is working flawlessly. Seriously! Although it's only a day old, I can't say enough good things about his newest build (version 7.9). I haven't tried the NuSensed 4.0 ROM, but I hear good things about that as well. Again... I know everyone's phones are different, but FOR ME... this build (including no data drops in the last 24 hours) has been a great experience.

Anyway... I just wanted to share to those of you who root your phones. For me... I can upgrade at any time, and I'm waiting to see what's up with the M7, but in the meantime, this has given me (virtually) a new phone.

+1 I'm backing this up!

flashed it yesterday and man is it slick!
the drop down menu, the toggles, EVERYTHING about it is 100% awesome!
very very fluid
I'm going to leave this one short, and come back later for a longer review (although I wouldn't wait, I'll only be sharing positive remarks haha!)

Super
Android
Ninja
Of line
Developer!

Forget the new official release that is coming out today, Santod achieved it! Turning nothing into something! He did it without source code, without new kernal. Amazing is all I can say!

Been on two Nusense versions which were both great, but not the new one or NuSense X. Had to try Unsense and get away from sense a little, boy did he do it! Great work!

blackberryconvert2011

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
+1 I'm backing this up!

flashed it yesterday and man is it slick!
the drop down menu, the toggles, EVERYTHING about it is 100% awesome!
very very fluid
I'm going to leave this one short, and come back later for a longer review (although I wouldn't wait, I'll only be sharing positive remarks haha!)

Super
Android
Ninja
Of line
Developer!

Forget the new official release that is coming out today, Santod achieved it! Turning nothing into something! He did it without source code, without new kernal. Amazing is all I can say!

Been on two Nusense versions which were both great, but not the new one or NuSense X. Had to try Unsense and get away from sense a little, boy did he do it! Great work!
Question - do you think there is any problem using this with the new "official" radios? I have the debloated version of the new release but I hate it with a passion because of the sense. Can I use this? Are there any features not working?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Question - do you think there is any problem using this with the new "official" radios? I have the debloated version of the new release but I hate it with a passion because of the sense. Can I use this? Are there any features not working?

I've read some users are having great dl and ul speeds, better of a data lock with less drops, and some mentioned they are experiencing problems.
I'm forwarding you to the thread, you might need to sign up to view it:

http://forums.infectedrom.com/showt...-0-4-DeSensed-AWESOME-BEATS-AOSP-CM9-Beta-☆-★

I myself am on Unsense but I'm with the combo radios still, not the newly released ones. I advise to check there at the link above and hopefully you'll get a more solid answer.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
GL I have been bouncing between Unsense, the official debloats, and NuSense, just flashed RC 11 of Unsense seems good so far I let it bake for 6 hours and so far so good.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Good to there's even another update to unsense! Wow Santod is working hard! Very dedicated!
You won't believe it, I'm still on 7.9!
Not that I don't want to be on the newest version, just need to find the time.
Hopefully soon.
I'll have to jump over to the OP of unsense to see the updates :-D

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
flashed what looked like the newest one... rc11..jelato.. would reboot as I unlocked the phone each time... trying to download over again in see it was a bad download... anyone have this problem? I did wipe data, cache, Davlikfirst...

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
flashed what looked like the newest one... rc11..jelato.. would reboot as I unlocked the phone each time... trying to download over again in see it was a bad download... anyone have this problem? I did wipe data, cache, Davlikfirst...

Unfortunately I'm still not on newest version. Did you use 4ext?

I would reflash it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463