- 21 Posts
Can I overwrite a flaky rom by unrooting and installing ota ics.
I rooted my phone and installed a custom rom over a year ago. I used the thunderbolt all-in-one tool to root it. I installed a modded gingerbread that had the looks and feel of ics. My sd card went bad and I lost the original rom for my thunderbolt. The rom I have installed has started to act a bit flaky over the past few months. I want to get the official ics update for my tbolt. If I unroot my phone using teh all-in-one tool will it allow me to over write the current rom by downloading the official ota ics or will I end up really screwing my phone up?"Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools because Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
- 02-09-2013, 06:53 PM #2
- 1,288 Posts
Re: Can I overwrite a flaky rom by unrooting and installing ota ics.
- By Athios in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 08-28-2012, 04:24 PM
- By corolla90 in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 19Last Post: 01-29-2012, 06:26 PM
- By DroidBabe in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 1Last Post: 10-18-2011, 02:32 PM
- By Tattrpuff in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 47Last Post: 07-26-2010, 12:36 PM
- By cheeta186 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 06-21-2010, 10:08 PM