Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I overwrite a flaky rom by unrooting and installing ota ics.

I rooted my phone and installed a custom rom over a year ago. I used the thunderbolt all-in-one tool to root it. I installed a modded gingerbread that had the looks and feel of ics. My sd card went bad and I lost the original rom for my thunderbolt. The rom I have installed has started to act a bit flaky over the past few months. I want to get the official ics update for my tbolt. If I unroot my phone using teh all-in-one tool will it allow me to over write the current rom by downloading the official ota ics or will I end up really screwing my phone up?
    "Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools because Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Default Re: Can I overwrite a flaky rom by unrooting and installing ota ics.

You can go to all that trouble or you can just flash Santod's ROM, which is the OTA. If you unroot, you won't be able to root again until someone comes up with a new method to do so (unless someone already did today and I just haven't heard about it). InfectedROM Android Community Forums