Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Thunderbolt Rooted long ago.. Wanting to upgrade to newer OS.

Hello to anyone still around these parts. I rooted my phone with a mod when my phone was new back in 2011. I've used it ever since (2.3.4) with HTC Sense 2.1, kernel #86, Baseband,

Liquid Gingersense v1.4

Can anyone recommend an updated mod that uses the newer 4.x version of the OS? I've seen unrooted phones using it that seem to run much faster than my rooted phone which was not the case in the past. So I was thinking about backing up my install and then putting something new on to try. I just have no idea where to start after all this time. Which mod to get, which process to use. If it will work with what I have? I use my phone only as a Wifi device using voip software for phone calls with GrooveIP lite & GoogleVoice. It's mostly used for it's 8mp camera, video & audo / chat programs. I use it as a portable movie & music player if it's off the wifi network.

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

129 Posts
    Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    SfK CM7

Default Re: HTC Thunderbolt Rooted long ago.. Wanting to upgrade to newer OS.

Head over to xda or infected roms. Both have development for the Thunderbolt. There are about 5 good ICS based roms out there.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4