[ROM]Basic Debloat

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
ok i got it into /system/app/
then how do i load it?? just restart? and you were right to guess that im new to this, because this is my first root.

Yes, rebooting the phone should do it. And by reboot I mean selecting Reboot from the Power button menu - Fast Boot won't do it (where you can "shutdown"/put the phone into sleep mode and then start it up again in 10 seconds).

Hobbessti

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, rebooting the phone should do it. And by reboot I mean selecting Reboot from the Power button menu - Fast Boot won't do it (where you can "shutdown"/put the phone into sleep mode and then start it up again in 10 seconds).
still not showing up aghhahah

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
i thought this was a simple method. but after reading this thread and the "how to"
link provided i think i'll wait, rooting and flashing on the X was a little easier than whats listed here:)

Rickbubello

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
no matter what I do the kernal wont write. It says it does successfully, but when i go to check it, it keeps saying feb 23rd in bootloader. I cant for the life of me figure out whats going wrong here. I put the image in the tools folder (where fastboot.exe is located), downloaded the right fastboot and followed all the instructions yet the kernal will not update for any

Any advice would be appreciated thank you

evilmunkeh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
no matter what I do the kernal wont write. It says it does successfully, but when i go to check it, it keeps saying feb 23rd in bootloader. I cant for the life of me figure out whats going wrong here. I put the image in the tools folder (where fastboot.exe is located), downloaded the right fastboot and followed all the instructions yet the kernal will not update for any

Any advice would be appreciated thank you

when you run the fastboot command, are you getting this message:

sending 'boot' (3008 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... OKAY

That would be seen if the command was run successfully.

bryancotton84

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
i cant for the life of me get this to work, got the ROM on sd card...reboot to bootloader then im lost i guess....im on a mac but rooted this way as well...where should i be putting the "boot.img" file cause when i enter "fastboot flash boot boot.img" command i get a failure message...if anyone can help its greatly appreciated!!

evilmunkeh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i cant for the life of me get this to work, got the ROM on sd card...reboot to bootloader then im lost i guess....im on a mac but rooted this way as well...where should i be putting the "boot.img" file cause when i enter "fastboot flash boot boot.img" command i get a failure message...if anyone can help its greatly appreciated!!

Have you flashed Clockwork Recovery yet? I would suggest you visit the link in the OP and follow all the steps necessary to gain root and install ROM.

evilmunkeh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
yea ive already rooted..is that what your asking? im rooted and busybox'd

I would suggest placing fastboot and boot.img in your home folder (~/) or at the root of your hard-drive. I have mine in the 'platform-tools' folder (but you need to setup your .bash_profile with the correct path to do that).

if the files are in your home folder run this command:
~/fastboot flash boot ~/boot.img

Also, you must have your phone in fastboot usb mode. You can do that by rebooting into recovery.

bryancotton84

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest placing fastboot and boot.img in your home folder (~/) or at the root of your hard-drive. I have mine in the 'platform-tools' folder (but you need to setup your .bash_profile with the correct path to do that).

if the files are in your home folder run this command:
~/fastboot flash boot ~/boot.img

Also, you must have your phone in fastboot usb mode. You can do that by rebooting into recovery.

wheres this fastboot file? ive got the boot.img in my home folder but im guessing the fastboot file (or whatever it is) is my problem right now, cause when i enter the command you said to its just says file not found

edit: ok i found the fastboot file and downloaded it from HTC developer center..stand by

Last edited:

bipolarbear187

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I lost root access as well. Repeated steps mention in this post multiple times both with chmod 6755 and 4755, but not luck. Finally I went into applications to uninstall Superuser and instead just did a force close and re-opened and everything is fine now! Not sure if this will work for everyone, but thought I'd throw it out there. Now I'm wondering if the other steps were even necessary?

evilmunkeh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I lost root access as well. Repeated steps mention in this post multiple times both with chmod 6755 and 4755, but not luck. Finally I went into applications to uninstall Superuser and instead just did a force close and re-opened and everything is fine now! Not sure if this will work for everyone, but thought I'd throw it out there. Now I'm wondering if the other steps were even necessary?

Have you restarted your phone since? Try it and see if it still works.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bipolarbear187

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you restarted your phone since? Try it and see if it still works.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Well, I managed to bork my whole install by trying to restore too much with Titanium Backup and kept freezing the phone (process.android.acore)...so I ended up reflashing the ROM and lost root again. Had to go back a few steps further to get it to work properly (Step 7 of rooting procedure). After that, I still had to force close Superuser and restart the app before I could successfully use root required apps again.

msburr87

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I cannot flash fastboot. I placed boot.img onto c:/boot.img

entered c:\android-sdk\tools\fastboot flash boot c:\boot.img

and I get fastboot is not a win32

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site

bipolarbear187

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
fastboot.exe is indeed in the Windows Android SDK under the tools folder, at least if you download the latest version.

The Mac and Linux versions do not possess the binary, however.

I stand corrected! Thanks for the heads up...guess I didn't need to download the one from HTC then. :-[

Wonder why it wasn't working for msburr87 then, do you have the most recent version of the SDK?