[ROM] [MikRoms] The Perfect Storm v1.0 [03-23-11] Thunder and Lightning!

chingy51o

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Like the rom? Rate the thread and thank me! =)

themikmik.com

Please make sure to read the entire post before asking questions.

Please note. This is just the beginning of what is to come in the near future so keep your eyes peeled for new releases. This rom is no where close to what it could be. This is just to warm you guys up a little bit.

Features
  • Odex rooted rom based on the 1.12.605.9 RUU (Yes, I can do mods on this… Way way way way faster then deodex. Not to mention the boot times are ridiculously fast)
  • Stock Kernel
  • Bloat Free
  • Semi-Transparent 5 Column App Drawer
  • Custom Animations by aamikam
  • Themed HTC Clock Widget
  • Themed Gingerbread Keyboard
  • Themed Semi-Transparent Market
  • Themed Gmail
  • SD Card Speed Fix
  • Updated Hosts File to Block Ads
  • Malware Patch
  • Added Custom Sounds
  • Zipalign on boot

Included Apps
  • Wireless Tether
  • Facebook
  • Adobe Reader
  • Themed XDA App
  • DSP Manager
  • Spare Parts
  • Quick Boot

Changelog

March 22th v1.0 - Initial Release:
  • Began APK Optimization Process (Going to take awhileeeeee…)
  • 100% Battery
  • Improved Rosie Scrolling
  • Removed all bloat from the rom (A 130 MB Golf Game? Really Verizon?)
  • Updated All Apps
  • Patched Superuser (Thanks rmk40)
  • Pretty much everything in the features section...

Known Issues
  • None

Please report any issues so i can continue to improve this rom.

Downloads

Disclaimer
Please remember that I will not be held responsible for anything that happens to you phone.

A Full Wipe is REQUIRED before flashing this rom. If you choose not to do this (for who knows what reason) please do not post any problems you are having!

Please note that because all apks have been optimized and rebuilt for maximum efficiency, themeing carelessly will break these optimizations

seittit

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh, great jab at VZW for the Golf game bloat. I wonder, however, if that blame doesn't fall on HTC.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Looks great I can't wait to give it a try. Your ROMs always looked and ran great on my Incredible.

mrksbrd

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
DUDE !!!!!, I guess having bloat does make a difference !!!! I can not believe the HUGE speed differences over stock Sense. This is my first HTC device and think there will be more in my future.....GREAT JOB for being v1.0. I can only imagine whats in store. Now if I can get my Xoom to run like this I wouldn't be selling it

Last edited:

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
good lookin rom. is there a way to keep the htc stock keyboard? possibly get that themed as well?

I actually really like the Thunderbolt's keypad as well. Would there be anyway to keep the stock one? Not that it's a make or break issue, just curious.

Also, I'm not even rooted yet, but this ROM looks pretty awesome, and I'll most likely be coming back to it. :)

rsan88224

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
is there any way that sence could ever be updated to add more columns and rows for the home screen? i think that is they only complaint i have, this screen is way to perfect to only fit 4x4, i keep mine at 5x6 and that size is perfect

IntheStorm

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
is there any way that sence could ever be updated to add more columns and rows for the home screen? i think that is they only complaint i have, this screen is way to perfect to only fit 4x4, i keep mine at 5x6 and that size is perfect

Ya i agree. It would be nice to have like 5.

manningfan10

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
how about removing the location icon and adding the transparent pulldown for us in the next update since we can't becuz this rom is odexed

Last edited:

hunterxkovach

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
ive been running this for a couple days and absolutely love it. i really enjoyed incredibly re-engineered on my old phone and this was a smooth transition into the thunderbolt, great job i look forward to more!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Are you using ADW if so you may need to force close in the settings menu. I only have issues when using ADW not using the Sense launcher.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
how do i tell if i am??

ADW is a different launcher then the stock Sense which you would have had to download in the market. So I'm assuming your not using it have you tried force closing HTC Sense in settings>applications>manage applications>running>HTC Sense then hit the force close button and then try switching your wallpaper.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance