How do I move files to my SD card?

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Open up you sd card after its mounted to you computer. If it doesn't automatically pop up then go to my computer and you should see it. After you open it just drag and drop.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Be sure to enable as disk drive
Oops.sorry. didn't see you already had that activated

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Are you using windows7? The drivers should DL automatically for you when it sees a new device. You may need the HTC drivers. You can also find them on the HTC website

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the one click root. It says I need to move the file from my computer to my SD card but it doesn't say how. Its on USB debugging mode and disk drive

First of all, if you have ANY familiarity whatsoever with adb and command prompt, I'd recommend following Cory's guide for rooting. It's pretty much all copy and paste. In my opinion, the OneClick (which is a storied one at this point... lol) for this phone isn't very polished, and what directions there are leave a lot to be desired. My opinion though, and just throwing it out there

Just mentioning this: I know you said you're on Hard Disk mode from your phone, but it never hurts to double check. It needs to be on that mode at any time you wish to transfer files to it through your computer and phone.

Anyways as for your question, what you do is download the needed file. It will be (usually) in your downloads folder by default. Open that folder, and go to computer>Removable Disk J:\ (that was my letter, yours may be different) and you're looking at the contents of your SD card.

After you have both of those folders open, simply click and drag the file from Downloads onto your SD Card. Don't drop it into another folder, make sure it lands in a space that is completely white so that it is on the base level of your SD and can be accessed while you're attempting to root.

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I can get into it now using FTP but which folder is the SD one that I would need to put those files into? I found one at the main directory but I cant get into it

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok I got it to work on another computer. But I'm confused. after you rename that file and put it in the root SD folder, what is it supposed to do? And am I supposed to extract the file or not? I put it in the folder and nothing happened.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok I got it to work on another computer. But I'm confused. after you rename that file and put it in the root SD folder, what is it supposed to do? And am I supposed to extract the file or not? I put it in the folder and nothing happened.

Sorry about that, I went into homework hibernation, lol.

You're doing the OneClick, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol