Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I move files to my SD card?

I'm using the one click root. It says I need to move the file from my computer to my SD card but it doesn't say how. Its on USB debugging mode and disk drive
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Open up you sd card after its mounted to you computer. If it doesn't automatically pop up then go to my computer and you should see it. After you open it just drag and drop.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

nope, theres just some verizon mobile thing
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,711 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Be sure to enable as disk drive
    Oops.sorry. didn't see you already had that activated

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Be sure to enable as disk drive
    Oops.sorry. didn't see you already had that activated

I did
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,711 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Do you see the device when you open my computer?

Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Do you see the device when you open my computer?

Nope. do I need to DL Drivers?
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,711 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Are you using windows7? The drivers should DL automatically for you when it sees a new device. You may need the HTC drivers. You can also find them on the HTC website

Snitches get stitches
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yah Im on Windows 7. I couldn't find drivers on their site. Just HTC Sync which I already have

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Quote Originally Posted by withravenoushunger View Post
    I'm using the one click root. It says I need to move the file from my computer to my SD card but it doesn't say how. Its on USB debugging mode and disk drive
    First of all, if you have ANY familiarity whatsoever with adb and command prompt, I'd recommend following Cory's guide for rooting. It's pretty much all copy and paste. In my opinion, the OneClick (which is a storied one at this point... lol) for this phone isn't very polished, and what directions there are leave a lot to be desired. My opinion though, and just throwing it out there

Just mentioning this: I know you said you're on Hard Disk mode from your phone, but it never hurts to double check. It needs to be on that mode at any time you wish to transfer files to it through your computer and phone.

Anyways as for your question, what you do is download the needed file. It will be (usually) in your downloads folder by default. Open that folder, and go to computer>Removable Disk J:\ (that was my letter, yours may be different) and you're looking at the contents of your SD card.

After you have both of those folders open, simply click and drag the file from Downloads onto your SD Card. Don't drop it into another folder, make sure it lands in a space that is completely white so that it is on the base level of your SD and can be accessed while you're attempting to root.
    Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

I'm 100% sure its in disk mode. But its still not showing up under computer.

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

I'm 100% sure its in disk mode. But its still not showing up under computer.
    Reconnect your USB cable. Do you have all the drivers installed from HTC's website? I don't think that makes a difference in this instance, but it can't hurt since you need them to root anyways.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Do you have a link to the drivers? I couldn't find them

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Do you have a link to the drivers? I couldn't find them
    [Solved] Device Drivers NOT successfully installed. - Android Forums

DroidXcon posted them in this thread. They say Desire in the link, but HTC Drivers are universal apparently.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt2011 View Post
    [Solved] Device Drivers NOT successfully installed. - Android Forums

DroidXcon posted them in this thread. They say Desire in the link, but HTC Drivers are universal apparently.
    That just leads to the HTC Sync download which I already had

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

That just leads to the HTC Sync download which I already had
    The drivers are included in that download, so you should be all set with those then.

As for the file transfers, have you tried rebooting your Bolt? Or using a different USB port?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

It just keeps coming up as Verizon Mobile. Yes, I've tried rebooting it and using different ports
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Well I can get into it now using FTP but which folder is the SD one that I would need to put those files into? I found one at the main directory but I cant get into it
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Ok I got it to work on another computer. But I'm confused. after you rename that file and put it in the root SD folder, what is it supposed to do? And am I supposed to extract the file or not? I put it in the folder and nothing happened.

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Ok I got it to work on another computer. But I'm confused. after you rename that file and put it in the root SD folder, what is it supposed to do? And am I supposed to extract the file or not? I put it in the folder and nothing happened.
    Sorry about that, I went into homework hibernation, lol.

You're doing the OneClick, correct?

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Idk if you're still here, So I'm just gonna explain it to you the way I wanted it to be explained when I didn't know what I was doing. This is all assuming you're on Windows; I think I saw that you said you were using 7, so I feel safe in assuming that.

For starters, anything you need for the OneClick will be in this thread at some point, lol.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/thun...le-3-26-a.html

Anyways, you'll make sure you have all the files downloaded, and sdk installed. Here it all is in case you don't have anything:

sdk installer - Android SDK Installer.exe

Download from this link: PG05IMG.zip, Exploits.zip, RUU..[super long name]..zip, and OneClickRoot.bat - http://rom.galaxysense.com/thunderbolt/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After you have all that, and sdk is installed you're set to go. Leave PG05IMG.zip and RUU...zip zipped for the entire process. Never extract anything from them!

For me, I put all of those files on my Desktop, so I'll explain it using that location. Yours might be different (Desktop isn't usually the recommendation) and you can adjust accordingly. I'll also be calling "PG05IMG_downgrade" by the name of "RUU...zip" because that's the file I used, as well as the one I provided. However they contain the same exact information, so don't be confused by the naming difference.

- You're going to open up the folder that is, by default, called "sdk" and from there go to "platform-tools." Minimize that if you want, but you'll be moving stuff to it in a minute.

- Open the Exploits.zip that you downloaded, and move/extract all of the files in that folder to the sdk>platform-tools that you have minimized.

- Move a copy of PG05IMG.zip into platform-tools. Move a copy of RUU...zip into the platform-tools folder, as well as onto your SD Card. You'll need it on your SD early on, and this way you won't have to stop to move it around later while in the middle of rooting. Rename the RUU...zip file on your SD Card to "PG05IMG.zip" (drop the quotes, obviously) making sure it doesn't have .zip.zip at the end.

- After that, open OneClickRoot. It'll ask if you want to start; say yes. The next thing will be asking for a directory of where your adb.exe is located. You'll want to type that in, and hit enter. For example, mine was "C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\sdk\platform-tools" which is why leaving them on your desktop tends to not be recommended, lol. Hit enter once you type it in, and after you get it right, next step.

- It will let you know that the directory was found, blahblahblah. What you need to look at is that your number ends in 605.5 or 605.9. DO NOT ROOT IF THEY DON'T MATCH. TRUST ME, I TRIED IT AND COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE UPSET WITH THE DECISION. If they do match, which they should by default, continue on.

- It will push all the needed files for you next, just let it work for the few seconds it'll take to finish. Pretty sure the next couple things are explained in the OneClick... I'll jump ahead to Bootloader Mode. If I happened to miss anything here, someone will be able to give you an answer pretty easily, I'd think.

-- BOOTLOADER MODE ~~ It'll automatically bring you to this mode. All white screen with very system-like text in fun colors. You'll need to hit your power button when BOOTLOADER (or maybe it's HBOOT? It's the first option, the one that you want to select.) is highlighted, and just wait a few seconds. The phone will do its thing checking and loading files. You'll see "No image!" and similar errors; don't worry, it's supposed to happen. Once that's done, I believe it asked you to update. Say yes by hitting the up volume button, if it asks. After that, reboot your phone by hitting the power button. Skip the whole phone setup, it's a waste of time since you'll be asked again after the next bootloader mode.

- After you're fully rebooted, go back on to your SD card. Delete the current folder called "PG05IMG.zip" completely off of it. Move the zipped folder called "PG05IMG.zip" from platform-tools on to your SD card. Do not just copy over. Make sure you delete the first one, and bring the second one over separately.

- Pretty sure at this point that you just hit Yes a few times, and it'll push the files you need, until it'll pause and say "if debugging isn't on, we will sense it by default when it is." If it works out right here, a nice string of numbers and letters comes up. MAKE SURE THE STRINGS MATCH IDENTICALLY! If they do, continue. I think it'll ask you to confirm one more thing, and then you'll be put into Bootloader mode once more. Do the exact same thing as you did the first time.

- After that I believe it will give you a congratulatory message, and tell you what apps you need to download in closing.

If I missed anything, please say something ASAP. I know this SUCKED for me last night when I did it. Thankfully Cyber and chrisp were there to help me through it.

By the way, give them (Cyber Warrior and chrisp) a lot of the credit for any good info I just gave... If not for them I wouldn't have known any of this >.>

Heading to bed now... Good luck, and if you need more help, just ask. Someone will surely be able to help you if I can't or am not here (class all day tomorrow )
    Last edited by TBolt2011; 03-29-2011 at 02:53 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Thanks, I'll try that once I get home from class
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Its not working. I did everything right and when I got to the step where its supposed to bring me to a bootloader, it does nothing. Before that it gave me a bunch of errors. I dont know if its supposed to do this or not.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,711 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Its not working. I did everything right and when I got to the step where its supposed to bring me to a bootloader, it does nothing. Before that it gave me a bunch of errors. I dont know if its supposed to do this or not.
    It's a possibility that you don't have the file named correctly. I ran into this problem as well until I renamed and it went fine. But I rooted thru ADB

Snitches get stitches
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

I still don't understand why my phone doesn't show up under computer. I dont think rooting is even worth the headache anymore.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast