Couple questions about removing apps

jonathan11303

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
What are the following apps: HTMLViewer.apk , NewBayVault_4.2.96.VZMarket.apk ?

Is it safe to remove the following apps: Broswer.apk (planning on replacing it with Dolphin HD), SlackerRadio.apk, TuneWiki.apk ?

Lastly, how on earth do you remove the V CAST Media app?

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
What are the following apps: HTMLViewer.apk , NewBayVault_4.2.96.VZMarket.apk ?
I got rid of the NewBayVault one, no problems.

Is it safe to remove the following apps: Broswer.apk (planning on replacing it with Dolphin HD), SlackerRadio.apk, TuneWiki.apk ?

Slacker and TuneWiki are both ok to move off the phone (not sure about the browser, but I can't see it going badly); just did it and no bad things happened. :)

Lastly, how on earth do you remove the V CAST Media app?

Good question. It sure as hell isn't on my phone anymore, and I can still use it. Lol. Having the same issue with Blockbuster...

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Good question. It sure as hell isn't on my phone anymore, and I can still use it. Lol. Having the same issue with Blockbuster...

I have noticed the same thing. I used Platinum Backup to archive the apps before deleting them, any the ones that did disappear from the app tray dont appear to be available to restore even though there is the back up shown.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to update, I've gotten both Blockbuster and VZW Media off my phone since my last post in here.

Blockbuster just took uninstalling updates (manually, from settings like stated above) and rebooting.

Media was odd. I moved the file over to my SD card (for the second time) right before I rebooted to get rid of Blockbuster. After the reboot, it was still on my phone. I moved it over once more (third time's a charm), and rebooted. It was gone after that. Just seemed odd that it took three tries; but both are gone now. :)