Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By theGman911
  • 1 Post By theGman911
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default UnRoot Thunderbolt - HBOOT Problem

While rooted and continues when unrooted:
    Following screen comes up but will NOT allow VOL UP or VOL DOWN but instead jumps to what must be recover by first looking for PG05DIAG.ZIP which it does not locate and then goes to PG05IMG to update.

Happens over and over and over. How do I recover ability to use volume rocker for choices? The phone seems to work okay, except that Navigation app isn't connecting for what must be some other reason. HELP, PLEASE, HELP.

MECHA XD SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-1.04.0000
    MICROP-/
    RADIO-1.16.00.0223r
    eMMC-boot
    Feb 23 2011, 20:42:55

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    FACTORY RESET
    SIMLOCK
    HBOOT USB
    IMAGE CRC

Can also be replied to at

I just want to get TBolt back to factory condition for now.

Did u try putting PG05DIAG.zip back in the root directory of ur SD card. Sounds like its boot looping looking for the file....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    jimnycricket65 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Cannot locate even with Google

Thanks so much for the reply. I never saw a zip with this name at the beginning of all this, and Google isn't hitting on one either. If anyone has a copy, I'd love one cause I assume things won't change without it. Otherwise, the phone works fine.

If anyone has a copy, please link or email. Would like to get that last detail taken care of.

Thanks!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default XDA Dev Same problem - no replies

Found this post at XDA but no replies.
    Originally Posted by gadsden
    Ok, I'm flashing it again. Is it normal for the bootloader to say:

loading....PG05DIAG.zip
    not found
    loading....PG05DIAG.nbh
    not found
    loading...PG05IMG.zip

Then it loads the .zip

Edit to add: It didn't reboot again. I'm scared to go forward because of it, I might go back a step and make sure everything is ok.

Ok, I just noticed something else during the flash. When it says Parsing sd zip, item [7] TP results are "bypassed" Is that a problem, or is it normal?

So again, if anyone has copy of zip to add to SD, please, please, please share.

Durtle that file sounds vaguely familiar. I would head to the few methods of the supposed "one click" rooting methods that have come out recently. In the instructions they tell you to download quite a few files before you start and there are links to them. U may find what you are looking for there.

defcon999 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by durtle4 View Post
    Found this post at XDA but no replies.
    Originally Posted by gadsden
    Ok, I'm flashing it again. Is it normal for the bootloader to say:

loading....PG05DIAG.zip
    not found
    loading....PG05DIAG.nbh
    not found
    loading...PG05IMG.zip

Then it loads the .zip
    yeah, that's normal. What it's doing is looking for specific file names and PG05IMG is the one you want it to use.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default One more problem...

The other problem I had in unrooting was I couldn't get to SU:
    To begin, extract the Unrooting kit to any folder and rename the stock firmware to PG05IMG.zip.
    Copy the firmware to the root of your SD card.
    Now run command prompt on your pc and enter the following commands, hitting enter after each command:
    adb push misc.img /data/local/

adb push busybox /data/local/

adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox

adb shell

su (came back permission denied).

Could the HBoot be a problem because of this? Maybe best to root again and then unroot?

Your help is appreciated! Thanks.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Default Do "Exploits" vary?

One more quick question... following various instructions, I've loaded Exploits.zip from a couple different places but they all seem the same inside. Are they?

Thanks again. This has all been very interesting.

Should be the same assuming you got it from one of the rooting guides. Just remember to extract the contents of the .zip the desired folder on your computer.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Default Thanks so much - one more for unrooting...

Thanks so much for the help received. I decided to do one more root (which now went really well). The script I followed did the following in the root stream:

To push the eng bootloader:
    adb push hbooteng.nb0 /data/local/

Now we will write the new bootloader.
    dd if=/data/local/hbooteng.nb0 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18

Is this the reason that vol up/down for Factory Reset, etc. for not working but does directly to looking for, and reloading the image on the SD card?

The instructions for unroot say nothing about bootloader, they are:

First, download the following files:

Stock firmware (MD5 sum: 7141f5620f6128af77d50587e341f4b0)
    exploits.zip (MD5 sum: 3b359efd76aac456ba7fb0d6972de3af)
    Next, push busybox and misc.img.

adb push misc.img /data/local/

adb push busybox /data/local/

adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox

To gain root and flash misc.img:

adb shell

su

/data/local/busybox md5sum /data/local/misc.img

If the output is anything other than c88dd947eb3b36eec90503a3525ae0de, stop and start over again.

Now lets write misc.img:

dd if=/data/local/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

Rename PG05IMG_Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_NV_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_
    release_174685_signed.zip to PG05IMG.zip before placing it on your SD card.

Finally, reboot into bootloadermode byentering the following command. Allow the stock firmware to flash.

adb reboot bootloader

Youre done your phone should now be stock, S-ON.

So bottom line - should bootloader be replaced to original? what is the correct line command?

the eng bootloader is what allows us to get s-off. During the root process, we flash the stock 1.12.605.6 RUU minus the bootloader. The 605.6 RUU that's used for the unrooting process includes the bootloader so it gets rid of the engineering one. Or at least I think that's how it goes. lol

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.9

I am dealing with the same issue. I am getting forced close when trying to use pandora and can get gps to show my location but time settings think I'm in Rio. Trying to flash back to stock and get super user denied. boot loader is at:
    Mecha XD Eng s-off
    h-boot 1.04.2000 PG0510000
    microp-/
    radio 1.02.00.0103.2r
    emmc-boot
    feb 23 2011 20:36:02

Superuser works when using apps such a tether.
    What to do next? re-root in case I missed a step?

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.9

Update:
    I didn't realize had spoiled I had become with my HTC Incredible. I down loaded rom manager and flashed CWR. Flash a customer rom and all is now good. Won't have to worry about being back to stock at this time.

Default Re: UnRoot Thunderbolt - HBOOT Problem

Quote Originally Posted by theGman911 View Post
    Did u try putting PG05DIAG.zip back in the root directory of ur SD card. Sounds like its boot looping looking for the file....

Where do I get this file??

Thumbs up Re: UnRoot Thunderbolt - HBOOT Problem

here: i found the stock firmware on hotfile.com.

its actually pretty fast unlike the filefactory version which doesnt even work with my phone. right now i can flash items and lock and unlock the bootloader, but i get a flashing boot animation no matter what OS i flash over. it could be stock, TSGB, Lightning ROM, or and SDK from google that has nothing on it. i actually dont know what happened. i didnt do anything to it but restart. EVERYTHING works except the OS actually loading.

when i loaded my backup that worked 100 times before, the white boot logo showed up and stayed there for 2 hours. my backup only took 10 minutes to restore plus 2 minutes of loading time to settle. i think i accidently deleted the settings storage.apk on my phone, but the recovery should have restored that. i just cant figure out why it wont finish loading after looking at ALL the forums available in a 5 day span. can anyone help me with that? it should be mostly relevant to this post.

The ROM wont flash over in fastboot either. any attempt to flash the stock roms always fails.

ROM
    The ROM of the day...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by durtle4 View Post
    While rooted and continues when unrooted:
    Following screen comes up but will NOT allow VOL UP or VOL DOWN but instead jumps to what must be recover by first looking for PG05DIAG.ZIP which it does not locate and then goes to PG05IMG to update.

Happens over and over and over. How do I recover ability to use volume rocker for choices? The phone seems to work okay, except that Navigation app isn't connecting for what must be some other reason. HELP, PLEASE, HELP.

MECHA XD SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-1.04.0000
    MICROP-/
    RADIO-1.16.00.0223r
    eMMC-boot
    Feb 23 2011, 20:42:55

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
    <VOL DOWN> to next item
    <POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
    RECOVERY
    FACTORY RESET
    SIMLOCK
    HBOOT USB
    IMAGE CRC

Can also be replied to at

I just want to get TBolt back to factory condition for now.
    The best and easiest method is the ALL IN ONE...that will take your phone back to 100% stock......09 software revision. Should take about 15 mins.
    With this RAZR, I get a close shave
    My Blog

What "all in one"?

Can't factory reset. Ph98img.zip Update fails...Please help.

Have PH98IMG.zip on sd card. Gets this far...

*** LOCKED *** VIGOR PVT SHIP S-ON RL HBOOT-2.11.0000 eMMC-boot

HBOOOT Parsing...[SD ZIP]

[1]... ...[18] ... start update? <VOL UP>

Next to "[1] BOOTLOADER" "- Fail-PU" And below [18]..., "Partition update fail!" "Update Fail!" "Press <POWER> to reboot."

It's an HTC Rezound I'm trying to get back to stock, Verizon.

Any ideas?