ok tb rooted! now what?

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ok so my tb is rooted. sorry for sounding dumb but now what? what can i do with a rooted phone? for someone thats not as savvy as most of you are. i read somewhere that with a rooted phone we wont be able to get the updates coming up is that true? so tell me what can i do with my rooted phone besides removing some of the apps that came on the phone. i've done that already. thanks in advance

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
rooting is giving yourself access to modify just about anything on your phone. It's really customizable. In other words you're unlocking it. There are root apps available. I'm sure a forum search should bring up threads about both flashing roms and which root apps are the best

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap

Reactions: panitsos

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I know there are other "one click root" methods out there but. I'm not sure how tried and true they are. I rooted using ADB. It's not as hard as you think. Just do some reading here in the forums. There are stickies covering how to. Try YouTube as well. I seen a useful video on there that helped me out

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
ok see dicario i have no idea what you just said lol. like i said in my post i'm not very savvy at this lol

What is it your confused about? If you've got questions...spit em out. I'm sure some1 here can help,if not me.
Let's start with an app called shootme. It allows you to take a screen shot of your phone. This isnt something that unrooted devices(as of today) have the "superuser access" to handle

panitsos

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
well you mentioned flashing roms and root aps. what is all that? sorry if i sound ridiculous. i know the aps in the market is that what you mean by root aps?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
well you mentioned flashing roms and root aps. what is all that? sorry if i sound ridiculous. i know the aps in the market is that what you mean by root aps?

I just modified my post. A Rom will change the look and feel of your Tbolt. Make it quicker by optimizing the operating system. Some roms are good for their own different reasons. A lot of people swear by their specific Rom but its all user defined. I just flashed a kernel that optimizes battery life as well.

Reactions: panitsos

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I suggest watching the movie Salt, and then attempt hooking your Thunderbolt up to the "football" so you can control America's nuclear weapons from your 4G phone instead of carrying that hefty briefcase around. Just give us a heads up if anything goes down ;)

(only rooted phones can control access to nuclear weapons, unrooted phones can only play games simulating this, which isn't as fun)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma