Installing a Custom Theme over a Custom ROM?

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I was poking around ROM Manager and I saw that someone made a custom Honey Comb Theme for the Thunderbolt. I would like to try it but I'm running a custom ROM. I was wondering if installing this Theme over the ROM would create a problem..would it be in conflict with the ROM?

swimminsurfer256

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I was poking around ROM Manager and I saw that someone made a custom Honey Comb Theme for the Thunderbolt. I would like to try it but I'm running a custom ROM. I was wondering if installing this Theme over the ROM would create a problem..would it be in conflict with the ROM?

I have virusROM + sense and put the honeycomb theme over it. You have to make sure the ROM you have supports sense, then just use ROM Manager to install the theme as if it was a ROM, just don't clear any data before doing it (I don't think...). At least that's what I did and it works great.

Make sure to back everything up first!

Reactions: WhoMe

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Swim is right, the biggest thing is to always check your custom ROM if its Sense or Sensless and then what the theme is. After that, its looking at boards to see if someone else has done it.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Assuming they are compatible, you can put the themename.apk file on your sd card and navigate to it with a file manager like astro or oi file manager app, select the apk and choose to install it, instead of flashing it in recovery, right?

bmcclure937

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I personally cannot wait for CM7 and the Theme Engine :)

That has huge potential and more and more themes are coming out for it (originally TMobile Theme Engine).

c_live_lee

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I run Perfect Storm and I can vouch for the themes working fine. Flashed Honeycomb theme right over the top, no wipe needed here. Works flawlessly.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I run Perfect Storm and I can vouch for the themes working fine. Flashed Honeycomb theme right over the top, no wipe needed here. Works flawlessly.

I flashed the same theme and my Tbolt is running perfectly fine. Go for it. If anyone flashes the GB theme. Post pics so we can see what it looks like

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol