Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM 4.0

Default Installing a Custom Theme over a Custom ROM?

I was poking around ROM Manager and I saw that someone made a custom Honey Comb Theme for the Thunderbolt. I would like to try it but I'm running a custom ROM. I was wondering if installing this Theme over the ROM would create a problem..would it be in conflict with the ROM?

ROM
    Liquid Thunder/1.92X :)

Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    I was poking around ROM Manager and I saw that someone made a custom Honey Comb Theme for the Thunderbolt. I would like to try it but I'm running a custom ROM. I was wondering if installing this Theme over the ROM would create a problem..would it be in conflict with the ROM?
    I have virusROM + sense and put the honeycomb theme over it. You have to make sure the ROM you have supports sense, then just use ROM Manager to install the theme as if it was a ROM, just don't clear any data before doing it (I don't think...). At least that's what I did and it works great.

Make sure to back everything up first!
    Thanked by:
    WhoMe 

ROM
    VirusROM RC1B2!!!

Swim is right, the biggest thing is to always check your custom ROM if its Sense or Sensless and then what the theme is. After that, its looking at boards to see if someone else has done it.
    i7 PC/Mac Mini - iPad 1(EX) - iPad 2 - Droid Incredible(EX) - HTC Thunderbolt!! - ATV2
    Just all around Tech Geek!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM 4.0

Sweet, Thanks for the feedback guys.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Assuming they are compatible, you can put the themename.apk file on your sd card and navigate to it with a file manager like astro or oi file manager app, select the apk and choose to install it, instead of flashing it in recovery, right?

I personally cannot wait for CM7 and the Theme Engine

That has huge potential and more and more themes are coming out for it (originally TMobile Theme Engine).
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,633 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by bmcclure937 View Post
    I personally cannot wait for CM7 and the Theme Engine

That has huge potential and more and more themes are coming out for it (originally TMobile Theme Engine).
    Same here...

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM 4.0

Good info guys...this one made the front page!

I run Perfect Storm and I can vouch for the themes working fine. Flashed Honeycomb theme right over the top, no wipe needed here. Works flawlessly.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,633 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by c_live_lee View Post
    I run Perfect Storm and I can vouch for the themes working fine. Flashed Honeycomb theme right over the top, no wipe needed here. Works flawlessly.
    I flashed the same theme and my Tbolt is running perfectly fine. Go for it. If anyone flashes the GB theme. Post pics so we can see what it looks like

Tbolt meatclaws via talkatap
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD