Help with Rooting: ADB and others

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
screenshot.png

I have read thru the post cory has for Rooting with ADB. I cannot get ADB to install.

I was able to root my eris (one click) on my vista computer that has since died and am now using a win7 machine. I am not very familiar with this computer so i don't know if it has anything to do with my problem or not.

It took me all morning just to be able to post a screenshot. I am getting very frustrated. I am thinking about adrenelyne's rom, but have not decided to go that route yet. I have not been able to find a very helpful walkthru of every step need to root. All of the ones i read refer back to programs and such that i don't know where to find or where to get. Am i missing something?

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I just finished reading that along with all of the PDF's. I finally got ADB to install and downloaded the SKD and supporting files. (JDK?)

I was able to get the skd to screen cap earlier, but now it doesn't recognize my phone. It all seems like it is set up like it is supposed to be. I guess i'll just keep researching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty