Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default CyanogenMod 7 getting closer!

Recent update for those not following Cyanogen.... Latest tweet: "We have 3G/4G working on #CM7 for Thunderbolt! Bam!

Stay updated as CM7 makes its way to the Thunderbolt
    Thanked by 2:

First Skype, now this it's turning into a great week!!
    If at first you don't succeed, read, read again.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Yes i cant wait!!!

Global Posts
    5,157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Looking forward to a nice GB CM7 on my TB.

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's too much 2.1 Sense with Gingerbread then 3.0 Sense with Gingerbread and then a breakthrough by CM. I don't know which one I wan?

Those sense 3.0 really has me intrigued even if the HTC Thunderbolt doesn't get it. I been messing with adw EX Launcher downloading download whole bunch different themes,icons, lockers and etc but found I went back to sense. I found I really appreciate what HTC has done with sense. I like ADW Launcher EX and how gave the almost limitless feeling to make android be you but sense has just very polish look imo with no holes. ADW Launcher Ex seem great but seem fine main wholes for myself trying to make really great new look for my phone.(Can't find right icons, can't text to match up, or can't get the right background to go with everything.)(The background issue is probably more Sense issue with cropping) ADW Launcher Ex allowed me to come up with Idea but could help do it flawlessly. Then with Sense limits your imagination it is rather very clean and implements their idea very well.

CM7 base on vanilla Gingerbread my ADW experience may be better plus with theme chooser could be almost perfection. Right now I rocking my sense and I love it. I just have wait and see.
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 04-12-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

ROM
    Virus

Just my opinion, no offense to those that disagree:

As an OG owner, and CM nightlies updater for almost a whole year, making the switch to a new dev team was needed on my Droid after several problems I experienced with the ROM.

I am really excited to hear Cyanogenmod is making its debut on Thunderbolt, and I will be giving it a try.

However, I really feel that Tesla Coil is the best ROM as of now, and wish it got some of the publicity Cyan is getting (wired, zdnet, lifehacker, gizmodo, etc...)

Competition is the best thing for the consumer, so either way, welcome Cyanogenmod. Even if you have the WORST product name of all time. (are all those syllables really needed?!?)

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk. Eat Snacky Smores.

ROM
    Virus

FYI, I do realize Cyanogenmod gets the most publicity do too its availability on most platforms.

Just remember to support other devs too!

The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

cm7 on the dinc was/is awesome. And i like the name cyanogen mod haha. anyway, im looking forward to having some cm7 on this bolt, but also looking forward to other roms in the future.

btw, tesla coil is working out that well for you seittit? i tried virus rom for a min but i wasnt feeling like dealing with bugs whatsoever, so ive been sticking with das bamf for it's stability

ROM
    Virus

Virus wasn't what I hoped, but it was my first one to try. Tesla Coil is incredible, and the dev tweeted earlier that he is realising 1.5 later tonight. Can't wait, this is so fast and battery is fantastic. And no Sense (ugliest icons and keyboard ever IMO)

Thanked by:

ROM
    Virus

"@kejar31: Tesla Coil 1.5 is out get it over at XDA http://bit.ly/fzI9Ms"

ROM
    Virus

Sorry, this forum is about Cyanogenmod and I took it over with Tesla Coil. Creating another thread.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seittit View Post

As an OG owner, and CM nightlies updater for almost a whole year, making the switch to a new dev team was needed on my Droid after several problems I experienced with the ROM.

I am really excited to hear Cyanogenmod is making its debut on Thunderbolt, and I will be giving it a try.

However, I really feel that Tesla Coil is the best ROM as of now, and wish it got some of the publicity Cyan is getting (wired, zdnet, lifehacker, gizmodo, etc...)

Competition is the best thing for the consumer, so either way, welcome Cyanogenmod. Even if you have the WORST product name of all time. (are all those syllables really needed?!?)

Agreed.... This will be my first phone that supports CM, so I'm curious to see what all the hype is about. CM seems to be the name brand of roms for some reason (maybe its the name, maybe its their support for pushing out constant updates) but like you said there's other devs and roms that are just as good... if not better, they just don't receive the same popularity. I will definetily give it a go to see what its all about. There's some great up and coming developers out there on top of the ones we have already. The more the merrier.... more options for us.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

I wasnt blown away by cm6 but cm7 for the droid incredible really changed my perspective on roms and what they can be like (but i've only been with android for about 6 or 7 months so anything before that is over my head). anyway, cm7 was everything i wanted, basically, and it will be very welcome on my tbolt when it comes out.
    Thanked by:
    ssethv 

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

O yea
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

ROM
    Virus

If it truly is running Android 2.3.3 then I will make the switch. I'm just happy that ROM devs get any attention at all, geeks rule!

The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

If it truly is running Android 2.3.3 then I will make the switch. I'm just happy that ROM devs get any attention at all, geeks rule!

Definitely runs 2.3.3 gb
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

I tried cm7 on my gf's Dinc and honestly it wasn't for me.

Is there something I'm missing that makes this ROM awesome?

Publicity!
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
    I tried cm7 on my gf's Dinc and honestly it wasn't for me.

Is there something I'm missing that makes this ROM awesome?
    It's aosp gingerbread (which nobody officially has but nexus s users) and it's got a bunch of extras built in for customization preferences.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

consider it a blessing that your phone will get CM7. It is so beyond other ROMs, it is not a ROM in the sense of rooting and romming. It should be considered a factory refurbished OS, that is how well it works. I have tried a bunch of other roms, even CM6, none even come close to CM7. its fit finish and polish is incredible. i have had on my Inc for about 3 weeks and have not even had a slight hiccup. you cannot say that about any other roms. it is absolutely going to help me hang on to the old trusty inc until releases the Sensation (6-12 months behind the competition)
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,147 Global Posts

because it is a scratch built AOSP ROM with superior fit and finish. Incredible number of extras to personalize the UI. Support for over a dozen phones.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

Cant wait!

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

I hope they got DSP. Manager to work
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

not to sound stupid although i probablly do lol. what exactly is cm7? and what does it do?
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

I hope they can get 720p working...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast