How to go back to stock rom

jrdfox

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I could use some help as I am pretty new to adding and changing roms. I am trying to go back to the stock rom using rom manager but for some reason i can not get rid of one that i had put on the device (rubix), I wipe everything and it comes back. Why cant I get rid of this?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Did you make a nandroid backup before you flashed your rom? If so using rom manager you can just restore that backup. Doing a factory reset or wiping data will not remove your current rom it will just remove your apps and data.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe you have to download the original rom and flash it using the option flash from sd card. I am not sure I hope someone else can confirm this?

never mind you have to boot in to bootloader even if you have clockword mod recovery. I just did it with adb command.Make sure you have the original stock rom for thunderbolt on the sd card, select bootloader and it will scan for .zip file and select update to go back to factory stock.

you can look in to finding the original rom and how to boot in to bootloader in the forums.

Last edited:

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That post is from April. You need a more recent rom. Try downloading one like sky raider. You can get to recovery by volume down plus power when the screen is off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

a22shady

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Here is a link to "Rooted" Stock ROM with the newest update installed. If you want to go back to basic 100% and not be rooted just search around the site or you can even google it the newest ROM is 2.11.605.9. But you may be even able to use one little newer than one you tried and than try to update.

If your frozen on the white screen I would guess you have to shut the phone off "Pull out battery" and than go into the boot loader screen by holding down Power and volume down key and re-load different ROM. You should have created a back-up of your original ROM on your phone before you modified or changed it. If you did it should saved on your phone to what ever you named it or it saved as the date you saved it and if so just re-install that.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...hacks/142928-rooted-ota-2-11-605-9-files.html

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae