Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Default How to go back to stock rom

I could use some help as I am pretty new to adding and changing roms. I am trying to go back to the stock rom using rom manager but for some reason i can not get rid of one that i had put on the device (rubix), I wipe everything and it comes back. Why cant I get rid of this?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Did you make a nandroid backup before you flashed your rom? If so using rom manager you can just restore that backup. Doing a factory reset or wiping data will not remove your current rom it will just remove your apps and data.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

No I did not because its the one I want to get rid of!
    nkd

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

I believe you have to download the original rom and flash it using the option flash from sd card. I am not sure I hope someone else can confirm this?

never mind you have to boot in to bootloader even if you have clockword mod recovery. I just did it with adb command.Make sure you have the original stock rom for thunderbolt on the sd card, select bootloader and it will scan for .zip file and select update to go back to factory stock.

you can look in to finding the original rom and how to boot in to bootloader in the forums.

Download this...

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Place it on the root of the SD. Reboot into Recovery via Rom Manager and then choose install zip from SD and navigate to this file.

This will give the stock image back on your device, bloatware and all.

Good luck
    Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note 10.1

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Default Re: How to go back to stock rom

Quote Originally Posted by scassel View Post
    Download this...

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Place it on the root of the SD. Reboot into Recovery via Rom Manager and then choose install zip from SD and navigate to this file.

This will give the stock image back on your device, bloatware and all.

Good luck
    I did this and now im stuck at the white htc screen.
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

That post is from April. You need a more recent rom. Try downloading one like sky raider. You can get to recovery by volume down plus power when the screen is off.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Here is a link to "Rooted" Stock ROM with the newest update installed. If you want to go back to basic 100% and not be rooted just search around the site or you can even google it the newest ROM is 2.11.605.9. But you may be even able to use one little newer than one you tried and than try to update.

If your frozen on the white screen I would guess you have to shut the phone off "Pull out battery" and than go into the boot loader screen by holding down Power and volume down key and re-load different ROM. You should have created a back-up of your original ROM on your phone before you modified or changed it. If you did it should saved on your phone to what ever you named it or it saved as the date you saved it and if so just re-install that.

Rooted OTA (2.11.605.9) Files

Seeking oldest original factory Thunderbolt ROM.

Can't seem to find a stock MR1 RUU, because most of the links are multiupload or megaupload.
    Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by uli92 View Post
    Can't seem to find a stock MR1 RUU, because most of the links are multiupload or megaupload.
    Any help?
    Check the Sticky post at [GUIDE] How To Root/Unroot The Thunderbolt with Revolutionary....

There is a unroot instruction area at bottom of page and they have links and instructions to download and restore to MR1... I just checked all the links and they are still active...
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...