Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Lol can't find the back up anywere
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by Whitereign View Post
    Lol can't find the back up anywere
    The backup was of your rooted stock?

If you need to get back to stock there is a process for it...

You can read about it here:
    [HOWTO] Return to stock properly and safely. - xda-developers

You should make a backup of whatever you are using now, if it's working properly, anyway, just to have something safe to return to should you need it.

BTW if you let rom manager name the backup, it's just numbers and periods and it will be in your sd card > rom manager folder somewhere

For what ever reason I wiped user data and the rom loaded right. Crazy thanks for all the help on this all
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

For what ever reason I wiped user data and the rom loaded right. Crazy thanks for all the help on this all
    Haha ok good.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Glad you got everything working. Out of curiosity... Did you wipe the data when you were originally first installing the rom?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by zero neck View Post
    my auto unroot does the same process aswell
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

I tried putting this http://forum.androidcentral.com/thun...re-update.html follow the intrucyions to the bone and if said fail. I rooted last night first time root also. now i am not rooted and i don't know how to get to my stock with root backup. Rom manager needs superuser but i am not rooted now

ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    my auto unroot does the same process aswell
    And I ****ing love your auto root.
    Do you think you can help with installing roms i tried one and now i have to root again, almost done though. And the roms on rom manager are not showing up when i click on a developer. I like stock but I would like the battery % to show where the battery is. like this one does http://forum.androidcentral.com/thun...re-update.html
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nativi View Post
    I tried putting this http://forum.androidcentral.com/thun...re-update.html follow the intrucyions to the bone and if said fail. I rooted last night first time root also. now i am not rooted and i don't know how to get to my stock with root backup. Rom manager needs superuser but i am not rooted now
    Not sure what happened with your root but you can get back into recovery by... Powering off the phone... Hold the volume down rocker + power on button at the same time until the phone boots into recovery... Navigate to your backup. As for downloads showing up for developers... I'm pretty sure that's only available in the paid version of rom manager. Try installings roms through rom managers recovery option as explained in the guide... making sure you wipe data and both caches. There's a list for every rom available in the second post of this thread for downloads. I'm not too familiar with the auto root procedure yet so maybe someone else can help you with that for now until I get a chance to look at things later tonight. What exactly happened? ... you were rooted... went to flash a rom and now you are unrooted?
    Thanked by:
    nativi 

ROM
    BAMF Sense 3.0

Thanks bro. I re rooted. What happen was i went to install the rom and it said the rom fail or something like that. From there I got lost I had no idea what to do. I thought it was bricked but it just went to reboot by itself and it was like out of the box. No root or anything. So I rooted again and tried to rom but I did a nanadroid backup this time just incase. but everything went well. Thanks.

When I click BAMF-REMIX-v1/ it gives me the options META-INF/ and system/. What did i do wrong

Edit: Nevermind I downloaded the files wrong.

ROM
    BAMF_Forever_1.10/5.1.0

Ok, this is a total newbie question regarding ROMs. I rooted my TB last night, re-installed my apps, and configured most of my settings to how they were prior to rooting.

Now, I'd like to start playing with different ROMs and was wondering when a new ROM is installed, must I re-install all my apps again? Or, are the apps in a protected location away from the ROM?

Thanks for a great forum!

Dwayne

p.s. Perhaps in hindsight, should I have installed the new ROM first, followed by app installation?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dhyamato View Post
    Ok, this is a total newbie question regarding ROMs. I rooted my TB last night, re-installed my apps, and configured most of my settings to how they were prior to rooting.

Now, I'd like to start playing with different ROMs and was wondering when a new ROM is installed, must I re-install all my apps again? Or, are the apps in a protected location away from the ROM?

Thanks for a great forum!

Dwayne

p.s. Perhaps in hindsight, should I have installed the new ROM first, followed by app installation?
    Unfortunately yes you will have to wipe the data again which will erase everything off of the phone (except sd card). Normally when rooting a device you don't have to wipe the data, but because the Thunderbolts rom had to be pushed back to an earlier state in order to gain root. .. you had to do a data wipe. It's usually only done when flashing between roms. Just use Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro and back up your apps data and phones settings so you can easily restore everything after you flash the new rom. And yes you could have rooted, installed the new rom and then setup the phone again. It's not too bad once you have everything backed up.

Edit: that's one thing you can do, before you setup the phone back to the way it was... Flash between different roms(wiping the data and caches)until you find one you like. Performance wise it would take some time using the phone to see if you like it but just to check out the look of the roms... this would be good to do.

ROM
    BAMF_Forever_1.10/5.1.0

Thanks, Cyber Warrior! After backing up everything and deleting the caches and data, I'll ROM it tonight and see how it goes. Thanks for the support!

So I got my TB rooted and getting ready to flash a ROM. I used Titanium Backup to back up just my stock rooted TB. But should I grab all the apps I want right now, apps like root explorer, dolphin browser and install them, do another backup so they will already be installed? Or can you access Android Market with a custom ROM installed? I read in the BAMF Remix 1.5 (gonna use this ROM) thread they were having problems downloading apps. They mention Black Market but not a lot was said. Thanks.

ROM
    Synergy

Titanium should mainly be used to backup your apps and their data. A nandroid backup in recovery should be made to backup your current system data if anything goes wrong and you want to revert back.

I would install all the apps you want and then back them up in Titanium. (Don't backup system data.) Then make your nandroid backup of your current state in recovery.

Flash BAMF, and then restore your apps with Titanium

Thanks for the info, that sounds like a good plan. Off to ROM flashing.

Default Loosing 4G and 3g network

I rooted my phone last week and then followed the instructions for doing a nandroid backup, after that I installed VirusRom but wasn't too thrilled about it and went and did wipe data, cache and darvik cache as well. After doing all this I did restore from my original back up which I had but now I am not getting 4G or 3G on my phone, its stuck on 1x. Any suggestions? Appreciate all the help on this forum.
    Rem

ROM
    BAMF Remix v1.8.6

Quote Originally Posted by romeomast View Post
    I rooted my phone last week and then followed the instructions for doing a nandroid backup, after that I installed VirusRom but wasn't too thrilled about it and went and did wipe data, cache and darvik cache as well. After doing all this I did restore from my original back up which I had but now I am not getting 4G or 3G on my phone, its stuck on 1x. Any suggestions? Appreciate all the help on this forum.
    Searching before posting is a good thing.

1x???

FYI 3G and 4G Is Down Nation Wide

3G fix for Thunderbolt

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by romeomast View Post
    Do nothing right now. There is a nationwide data outage for TB users. Almost every TB owner right now is stuck on 1x.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Searching before posting is a good thing.

1x???

FYI 3G and 4G Is Down Nation Wide

3G fix for Thunderbolt

etc.
    I apologize but thank you for your help.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    ROM
    das Bamf 1.7 Remix

Can anyone tell me in what order are the back ups listed? I understand they are by date but what looks like a time after the date does not seem correct to the time when I did them and I did 2 back ups the same day. So is it new to old or old to new. I want to rename them now so I can keep organized.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smittyn804 View Post
    Can anyone tell me in what order are the back ups listed? I understand they are by date but what looks like a time after the date does not seem correct to the time when I did them and I did 2 back ups the same day. So is it new to old or old to new. I want to rename them now so I can keep organized.
    Yea, if you have a lot of backups especially in the same day .... Renaming them makes life easier. The newest backups are on top of the list... oldest on the bottom.
    Thanked by:

Just some noob questions about nandroid backups:

Does restoring also restore all apps and app & user data as they were when the nandroid was made? In other words, if I make a nandroid now and choose to back up after flashing a ROM, will I get my games, saved game locations, emails, contacts, text messages, etc. after restoring?

If I wanted to rename a nandroid, where do I go looking for it?

Thanks for the help.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rustypixel View Post
    Just some noob questions about nandroid backups:

Does restoring also restore all apps and app & user data as they were when the nandroid was made? In other words, if I make a nandroid now and choose to back up after flashing a ROM, will I get my games, saved game locations, emails, contacts, text messages, etc. after restoring?

If I wanted to rename a nandroid, where do I go looking for it?

Thanks for the help.
    A nandroid backup is basically a copy of your entire phone and what makes it run (its operating system). It will restore the phone back to the way it was when you made the backup in case something goes wrong. You don't want to do a nandroid restore after flashing a new rom as it defeats the purpose of flashing a new rom. If you did... you would be right back where you started with your old rom. What you're looking for is an app like Titanium Backup or MyBackup to backup your apps data and saved info ...phone calls, texts, etc. You can rename your backups from your SD Card... where they are stored. It would be under... SD Card>Clockworkmod>Backup. Either with your phone connected to a computer or straight from your phone... access your SD Card. From the phone use a file manager like Astro or you can also do it from ROM Manager under backup and restore... find the file you want to rename... Menu.. Edit...Rename.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast