Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Arrow delete

moved.
    Thanked by 64:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default Install ROMs/Kernels/Themes/Mods with ROM Manager

moved.
    Thanked by 19:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Arrow Installing Radios

moved.
    Thanked by 33:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Default Full list of ROMs/Kernels/Radios/Themes/Mods available for the Thunderbolt

moved.
    Thanked by 11:
    zero neck likes this.

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

damn ur awesome at guides i suck at it lol
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone
    Thanked by:
    FrankXS likes this.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Awesome. Thanks. Then to go back to my old "stock" ROM, I just restore to the backup I made?

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

Quote Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
    Awesome. Thanks. Then to go back to my old "stock" ROM, I just restore to the backup I made?
    yup! dont like the new rom just restore back
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

outstanding Cyber very proud
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    Cory Streater likes this.

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

Rooted in less than 24 hours of having the phone and roms/kernels to come

Just wish I knew which one to try first lol
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

Another amazing AC guide! What a fun day! Thanks!
    -SoDev
    Thanked by:

Cyber, your a credit to the AC Team! Very nice work...
    Paul
    Moderator @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

Thanks Cyber for your contribution. I read AC all the time at work, but for some reason it blocks the photo hosting site you are using so I didn't really know how to go into recovery and create a Nandroid backup. But I took the plunge and poked around on my own and figured it out. Feels good.

*pats self on back* haha

Awesome guide for those who are new to using CWM!

Just rooted my TB Saturday night and now so much good stuff is coming I can't wait to see what the coming weeks/months bring!

ROM
    Das BAMF Remix v1.6.3

Newbie questions... please bear with me?

When you root your TB and use this guide to install a new ROM, are you left with a phone with none of the apps you installed with the stock ROM? Contacts, email, etc. all gone?

I'm assuming this is the case. Now, does this happen EVERY time you install a new ROM, or just the first time?

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 RC1.2

That is correct, major. The good thing is that all my apps re-downloaded from the market, and once you are rooted you can use Titanium backup to back up your apps going forward. Don't know if there is a better way, but you can use you verizonwireless webpage account to back up you contacts. Also, your SD card will be the way it was. If you clear the way that is recommended you will have to do everything it each time you install a new rom, but I've only done it once and I'd imagine the more you do it you will learn tips and tricks that make it easier and faster each time.
    -SoDev

Noob question. Long time reader...First time poster...
    when transfering zipped rom to /sd. where exactly do i need to place the file? installing with rom manager.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by cashlessplatypus View Post
    when transfering zipped rom to /sd. where exactly do i need to place the file? installing with rom manager.
    Are you installing with rom manager thru the app or with clockwork recovery?

When installing the rom with clockworkmod recovery you can place the file anywhere on the sd card as long as you know where it is and navigate to it after selecting "choose zip from sd card"

If you install thru rom manager app you need to download the rom thru rom manager first, and it will automatically know where it is that way

gunna use clockworkmod recovery. thanks just what i needed to know. coming from BB so this is all greek. the auto root made all the difference for me.
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

gunna use clockworkmod recovery. thanks just what i needed to know. coming from BB so this is all greek. the auto root made all the difference for me.
    If using clockwork recovery the easiest place to put the file is the root of your sd card.

Default Help

Question. Just installed all this and luckly made a back up before installing a new rom. All went well but when rebooting rom failed and phone freezes on load screen so I can't get past the thunderbolt screen. What can I do now help
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Did you wipe cache partition, dalvik cache, and full data wipe before you flashed the rom?

What rom was it?

What you need to do now is pull the battery out, wait a minute, put it back in, reboot into hboot (volume down plus power button), select recovery with volume keys, press power, then when it boots into recovery, navigate to backup and restore, select by pressing home key, select restore, and select your back up and press home key, then reboot.

this will get you back to your backup and things will be ok, and you can try to flash the rom again after that but make sure you wipe those things first or it will not work properly.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

As Zero Neck mentioned the file can be placed anywhere as long as you know where its located. Its recommended to keep them on the root of the SD Card. I keep them in my download folder and never had any problems. So when booting into recovery.. I would navigate to >install from sd card > downloads > rom xxxx.zip. As for your question on where the root of the SD Card is... Its the main folder when you first open the SD Card... all the other folders after that are sub folders (android, data, downloads, media, my documents, etc...). You would place the zip file by itself with the rest of your sub folders.

Ok this helps a lot. I installed lighting rom v3.2 but for some resin I can't find the back up. I saw it do it .. Any ideas? If not should I just wipe user data and start over?
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Quote Originally Posted by Whitereign View Post
    Ok this helps a lot. I installed lighting rom v3.2 but for some resin I can't find the back up. I saw it do it .. Any ideas? If not should I just wipe user data and start over?
    If you made a backup with rom manager, you can restore the backup thru rom manager app or you can boot into recovery mode and go to backup and restore>restore>rom manager>find the file you named the backup

Now that you have a rom flashed and it's working, you could just make a new back up thru rom manager or in recovery mode

I'll try that. Thanks for the help and getting back to so fast..
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast