[Guide] How to Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Thunderbolt

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cyber for your contribution. I read AC all the time at work, but for some reason it blocks the photo hosting site you are using so I didn't really know how to go into recovery and create a Nandroid backup. But I took the plunge and poked around on my own and figured it out. Feels good.

*pats self on back* haha :)

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Awesome guide for those who are new to using CWM!

Just rooted my TB Saturday night and now so much good stuff is coming I can't wait to see what the coming weeks/months bring!

major_works

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Newbie questions... please bear with me?

When you root your TB and use this guide to install a new ROM, are you left with a phone with none of the apps you installed with the stock ROM? Contacts, email, etc. all gone?

I'm assuming this is the case. Now, does this happen EVERY time you install a new ROM, or just the first time?

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That is correct, major. The good thing is that all my apps re-downloaded from the market, and once you are rooted you can use Titanium backup to back up your apps going forward. Don't know if there is a better way, but you can use you verizonwireless webpage account to back up you contacts. Also, your SD card will be the way it was. If you clear the way that is recommended you will have to do everything it each time you install a new rom, but I've only done it once and I'd imagine the more you do it you will learn tips and tricks that make it easier and faster each time.

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Noob question. Long time reader...First time poster...
when transfering zipped rom to /sd. where exactly do i need to place the file? installing with rom manager.

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Noob question. Long time reader...First time poster...
when transfering zipped rom to /sd. where exactly do i need to place the file? installing with rom manager.

Are you installing with rom manager thru the app or with clockwork recovery?

When installing the rom with clockworkmod recovery you can place the file anywhere on the sd card as long as you know where it is and navigate to it after selecting "choose zip from sd card"

If you install thru rom manager app you need to download the rom thru rom manager first, and it will automatically know where it is that way

Whitereign

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Help

Question. Just installed all this and luckly made a back up before installing a new rom. All went well but when rebooting rom failed and phone freezes on load screen so I can't get past the thunderbolt screen. What can I do now help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2