Good battery saving kernel?

elradhymc

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm running my TB with the perfect storm 1.3 I can't complain about the Rom. It's pretty awesome. Unfortunately its not helping my battery life one bit. Can anyone recommend any kernel that they have seen an improvement in battery life?

Rad Man Wooooo

dubes

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have Perfect Storm 1.3 as well. I installed Utkanos's kernel #3 this morning (SetCPU is set to 'Ondemand') and it's looking very promising. That said, I didn't think the stock kernel (from Ziggy471 I believe) was all that bad on battery (I had SetCPU set to Smartass).

mamoru16

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Can you use these kernels on a stock rooted tbolt? I like the way my phone runs but am interested in increasing battery life. Also, how would you go back to stock kernel?

Thanks for the help!

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not supposed to take that long. Oh well... let me see how to restore a backup :) very cool. Will try again here. If extreme doesn't work... perhaps normal will take?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Definitely not supposed to take that long. Oh well... let me see how to restore a backup :) very cool. Will try again here. If extreme doesn't work... perhaps normal will take?

That should work. If not maybe the newest version is too low. I can send you the one I'm on to try too.

Did you wipe both your caches before flashing?

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
That should work. If not maybe the newest version is too low. I can send you the one I'm on to try too.

Did you wipe both your caches before flashing?

Forgetful, Sounds great! You might be right about the newest version.

And yes I did clear both caches. At least I'm assuming I did. I tried to read Cyber_Warrior's guide but I can't see the pictures (restricted network here at work blocked the photo website)

So I just went into "wipe cache partition." The selection menu had a whole bunch of No's and then one that said Yes - Wipe Cache so I did that.

Then I went into advanced, wip Dalvik cache, and pretty much the same thing. A bunch of No's and one that said Yes - Wipe Dalvik Cache. So I did. But it said "E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext] but from what Cyber said I'm assuming it was OK.

Did I do it right?

Going to try and let Kernel Manager do it this time. If that doesn't work I'll come to you for the old version! I'm at work until 7AM EST so I'll be up fooling around with this baby :)!

Restore function is awesome.

It's scary watching the Thunderbolt logo on bootup freeze on the clouds. I feel like it won't ever go beyond that and then it does... lol...

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok Kernel Manager just did its thing... its booting now. We'll see whats up. I think I ran into a BusyBox problem originally... When I told Kernel Manager to install it, it downloaded but then when it said "flashing" it said cannot locate BusyBox. So I downloaded that from Market, installed, let File Manager... or Pro Manager or whatever the hell its called known Busybox's location, and created a new backup.

It's doing its thing now. Stuck on the clouds... :eek:!

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Old version received. Trying it now. Thanks for your help Forgetful. Update here in a bit... I should just create a new thread and title it "DJBeanPole's Adventures in Kernel Flashing" lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca