Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Reposted here for ThatDudeButch

BAMF Remix v1.5

bamfremix.png

dasBAMF.Screenies.png

Hey guys, after many PMs and the speed at which the main thread moves with so many questions about each ROM being posted, I thought for the sake of everyone's sanity that I would open this thread. It also gives users that enjoy the "remixed" style of things a chance to sound off on theme and mod ideas and suggestions, as well as requests. I will provide you with updated changelogs for the remix here as well as download links for the remix rom and mods, as well as additional links for the base ROM. Das BAMF will still update in tandem. Hope you guys enjoy it. If you guys like what we do here, please feel free to show us your support. It takes a lot of hours of tweaking, fist banging, and beer and coffee slamming to bring you guys this stuff! All support is greatly appreciated. Donate links are listed below.

paypal_donate.gif

ThatDudeButch: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...if:NonHosted
Adrynalyne: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=6362350

FEATURES:
  • Debloated, which includes VZW framework, apps, games, libs, and permissions.
  • Tweaked filesystem and minfree.
  • Zipaligned, and deodexed.
  • Added Google Car Home, removed HTC app.
  • Removed DRM apks, and framework for now. If Netflix requires it later, I'll add it back.
  • HTC Hub and HTCsense.com are partially working.
  • Removed Stocks widget, and app. Google has better apps for this anyway.
  • Superuser is fixed with rmk40's version, woot woot!
  • Adrynalyne's busybox, version 1.19
  • Added these extra scripts:
  • sysrw --sets system to rw.
  • sysro --sets system to ro.
  • uber_quadrant --boosts your quads (for fun, must have quadrant installed)
  • rw_boot --sets system to be rw every boot.
  • ro_boot --sets system to be ro every boot.
  • sndoff script: Use with su, turns off boot sound.
  • sndon script: Use with su, turns on boot sound.
  • Profile added to system/bin to help prevent certain malware.
  • Kernel has init.d support, as well as adb root, and usb debugging enabled on every boot (even from a wipe).
  • Custom accurate battery with new smooth charge animation
  • Dark themed UI including market (dialer and other elements still to come)
  • Square edged menus
  • Super fast transition animations
  • Transparent and 5 column app drawer
  • Themed rosie with transparent background and new minimalist buttons
  • Rosie now remaps "personalize" button to Rosie Settings in app drawer, launchkey remap removed.
  • Clear lockscreen
  • Dark themed UI including market (dialer and other elements still to come)
  • Dusk theme from HTC Skin - "Dusk" Sense 2.5 (Z based ROMs) - xda-developers
  • No location indicator, thanks Bgill55!
  • No recent apps on notification bar.
  • Transparent pulldown and location reticle deleted
  • Added Spare Parts to speed up animations even more (change animation speed options to fast for best perfomance)
  • Settings toggles, credit to sk806 and JSChiSurf.
  • Settings toggles control app, credit to sk806 and JSChiSurf.
  • 6 bar signal mod, fully working on 100% Thunderbolt framework.
  • GPS enhancement, credit to ziggy471.
  • Custom Das BAMF skin, credit to gadget!
  • Custom Boot animation, credit to dsb9938.
  • Some minor build.prop tweaks.
  • Browser with 32 tabs, credit jcase and ThatDudeButch.
  • 4 in 1 Reboot options, including hot restart, credit to aiccucs.
  • Dalvik heapsize increased to 48M.
  • Custom 1.4ghz kernel included:
  • Supports TUN
  • Supports NFS
  • Uses CFS CPU scheduler
  • Uses BFQ I/O scheduler
  • Governors: Ondemand(Default), Powersave, Conservative, Interactive, Performance, Smartass.
  • 10 speed steps: 245/368/576/768/806/960/1036/1228/1344/1420mhz.
  • Undervolted all the way to 1036, stock voltage at 1228, slightly overvolted for 1344 and 1420mhz.
  • Kernel will boot at 1036mhz! You must use setcpu to overclock, the kernel will not do it for you automatically.
  • Battery charging enhancements.
  • SLQB Slab Allocator.
  • Updated ashmem driver.
  • GPU+ patch.
  • Death Ray support (Ultra bright torch. Requires app support, included with toggles).****
  • Audio enhancements in kernel.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Download ROM.
Reboot into Recovery.
Perform Nandroid backup
Minimally wipe dalvik and cache. For optimal experience, perform full wipe (data/dalvik/cache). Most issues stem from not fully wiping.
Flash ROM.
Reboot.
Enjoy! :D

DOWNLOADS:

Changelog For 1.5
  • Change of base to 1.13.605.7
  • Due to change of base, GPS has been improved dramatically.
  • Due to change of base, 3G/4G transitioning has been improved dramatically.
  • Due to change of base, battery has been improved dramatically.
  • Due to change of base, quiet videos are no more (allegedly).
  • 4.4.2 kernel.
  • New modded Rosie with metro icons and browser icon! (Props to zhp pilot! Look for his thread soon with alternate icons for your specific app)
  • New themed HTC flipclock.
  • Added new themed power toggles and transparency.
  • Themed more framework images.
  • Transitions are back.
  • Latest themed market added. (Also disabled market updating! No more unthemed market)
  • Teeter has been added from Incredible system dump. Love it!
  • New tweaked BAMF boot animation, credit to Gadget! and ds
  • New custom shutdown animation.
  • New Livewallpaper added.
  • Modded email app, credit to Rsotbiemrptson ([MOD] Stock Mail.apk with the exchange policy removed - xda-developers)

1.5 Remix By ThatDudeButch
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
MD5: 0765A2EDFEEA0D964DBC504CE597BE37

1.5 Base By Adrynalyne
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
MD5: b6f85b3ec1a2c3e0ecb204f2b9f390ff
Radio:http://www.multiupload.com/2VDSQ6SBAZ Updated 4/19/11 @ 9:36PM
MD5: 8e166e93a9a72cb7955440720ba8869a

Last edited:

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Great success in installing this (and the LeanKernel 1.1 Normal on top). However...

I have been backing up my contacts via VZW's Backup Assistant. Apparently this is gone now. I tried using Go Contacts from a previous restore and moved my contacts to the SD card and tried restoring them through Go Contacts the BAMF 1.5Remix. But they only restore to the actual Go Contacts app. I want them all to go into the stock "People" contacts list.

How would I go about doing this?

devindpotts

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry in advance because I'm sure this is posted somewhere in the tons of posts on the other thread, but could someone give me quick instructions on how to update the radio? Or just point me to some instructions. Also do I install the radio update before or after I flash this amazing rom?

Reactions: theu2621

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Download the pg05IMG.zip in the link (this is the radio). Put it on the root of your sd card and reboot the phone in the bootloader (vol down and power button at same time when phone is off). Your sd card will be searched and the file will be found, it will ask you to install, and you click up on the vol button to begin install. Do this before you flash the rom. Once it's finished, boot into recovery mode, wipe your cache, dalvik cache, and (if you are not running earlier version of das bamf rom) wipe data as well.
Next install rom zip from sd card, reboot phone, and delete the pg05img.zip from your sd card.

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Download the pg05IMG.zip in the link (this is the radio). Put it on the root of your sd card and reboot the phone in the bootloader (vol down and power button at same time when phone is off). Your sd card will be searched and the file will be found, it will ask you to install, and you click up on the vol button to begin install. Do this before you flash the rom. Once it's finished, boot into recovery mode, wipe your cache, dalvik cache, and (if you are not running earlier version of das bamf rom) wipe data as well.
Next install rom zip from sd card, reboot phone, and delete the pg05img.zip from your sd card.

Also, before any of this, make SURE you do a back up of your current Rom...

And question, do I NEED to update the radio? I'm gonna but is it required?...

66dude

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Would the radio update wipe the data, forcing me to re-download the apps and use the restore function for MyBackup Pro?

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so far I've DL'ed the new radio zip from 4 of the different DL sites, and every time I try to flash it it still says the same thing... Any ideas... ?? I'm in the process of a 5th.

Sorry to clutter up the thread...

Edit; I've even tried renaming it to update, still same results... 5th didn't work either...

66dude

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so far I've DL'ed the new radio zip from 4 of the different DL sites, and every time I try to flash it it still says the same thing... Any ideas... ?? I'm in the process of a 5th.

Sorry to clutter up the thread...

Edit; I've even tried renaming it to update, still same results... 5th didn't work either...

I think you were supposed to rename it to PG05IMG.zip and do the update in hboot (the grey boot screen with the skateboarding androids on the bottom, NOT Clockwork Recovery).

Reactions: Effenhimer