Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default stock froyo browser for tb?

Could some one post an APk file of the stock android browser I'm really sick of the sense browser and don't like any of the 3rd party options. I would asume I could just drop the file into system/apps. Or treat it as an update.zip and do it that way
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,712 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    Could some one post an APk file of the stock android browser I'm really sick of the sense browser and don't like any of the 3rd party options. I would asume I could just drop the file into system/apps. Or treat it as an update.zip and do it that way
    Have you tried dolphinHD? Its a nice browser
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

go to xda forum, thunderbolt development section and find Tesla Coil Rom Thread, in the OP there is tock browser file, but It is a .zip file not apk. So you have to be rooted and have to flash with rom manager.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by nkd View Post
    go to xda forum, thunderbolt development section and find Tesla Coil Rom Thread, in the OP there is tock browser file, but It is a .zip file not apk. So you have to be rooted and have to flash with rom manager.
    Thanks you that worked like a charm it is so much better then the sense browser

I just tried to flash this with ROM Manager and it says the installation aborted, but no reason. I extracted the .apk out of the original zip, re-zipped it up and named it update.zip, then booted into recovery and tried to apply the update.zip file, but it failed. What did I do wrong? Thanks!
    Thanks,
    Steve
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    2,047 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default try flashing this

this is all i flashed to get the asop browser

if it does not work it might be the rom that you are running
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default dgzero9

I would love to find a way to get he stock 2.2 dialer and browsers ..after I tried the G2 I was hooked.