Consensus on Best ROM for TB?

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So ive finally rooted and im running the perfect storm ROM. I originally was on the BAMF Remix ROM but it didn't have backup assistant. So i was wondering what is the ROM most people currently are running? Of course the Cyanogen mod would be the best but until that is released, what is the most popular?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
what makes CM7 better than bamf when its finished?

Google is probably your best friend on this. Most people like it becasue it's gingerbread, lots of options/settings, and fairly fast. If you like plain android feel it's nice too.

Honestly I've tried it on the inc and bolt and it's not end of the world special imo. CM has a very vocal following which is how many people get the impression that it's the end all of all roms. Lots of the OG droid days people are the biggest fans.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been with BAMF from the beginning, and haven't had one major problem with it. I'll continue to stick with it until I do.

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I've only used two, but here is my insight on them.

BAMF Remix 1.5 - This is a very stable rom. As far as functionality and reliability goes, this one seems to fit the bill. Everything works properly from boot, the kernal is awesome, battery life is good, and speeds are good as well. Nice set up, minimal cosmetic tweaks, but what is tweaked looks great! I especially like the BAMF themed market, it looks 100x better than stock.

Virus Rom - Has a lot of potential, but needs a lot of tweaking from what I've seen of it. I flashed it to my phone the other day and there is a lot to like about it. The boot image is really cool, very flashy, good animation. The rom itself has a very minimalist feel to it, everything is compact, black, and very simple. The speeds of this rom was crazy on my phone, everything flew. The downside though is it needed a lot of tweaking to be where BAMF is. The texting function of the rom didn't work, which is no big deal if you use a market sms. But that's another issue, the market was crashing on me repeatedly. Another thing that annoyed me is when I would turn my phone sideways or use the kick stand, the screen wouldn't auto rotate, I believe you have to add something to the rom to fix this.

Conclusion: BAMF is a stable rom, that does just about everything right. No real complaints about this rom, and the kernal seems to be very good to the battery life of my phone.

Virus is a screaming fast rom with a ton of potential, but until obvious flaws are fixed up it isn't for me. The things it does, it does great, but its missing to many little things that obviously should have been implemented.

Reactions: nate44

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
If you want a very stable AOSP like rom then I personally think Tesla is great.
I'm running the CM7 pre-alpha right now and it's really good for being pre-alpha but has a few bugs that I can tolerate for the time being.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Das bamf is very stable, runs quick, no real issues on 1.4 and 1.5

Its been very convenient for me bc works been crazy lately and i dont have time to flash roms regularly or deal with bugs.

skeet43169

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i use lightning rom it works great for me it is the only one ive used and had no problems as of now been on it like a month now and with kernel manager you can have any kernel so speeds and batt life are at your control with any rom

blondifer

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
i tried bamf and found that i prefer the debloated stock, at least for now. i felt like bamf looked a little too "home made" and didn't notice any increase in speed or battery life. it was rock solid, though.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm a fan of Das BAMF. Once you've rooted and get comfortable with the process it's very easy to swap ROMs. I recommend getting the paid version of Titanium Backup since that allows you to restore your apps without having to confirm the install it each application. It's a great help if you want to try a bunch of different ROMs.

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
If you want a very stable AOSP like rom then I personally think Tesla is great.
I'm running the CM7 pre-alpha right now and it's really good for being pre-alpha but has a few bugs that I can tolerate for the time being.

I've been playing with Tesla today, its actually pretty slick, I really like the transitions and the interface. I also really like the fact that I can throw AOSP contacts on there, and really have a slick looking experience through and through. Plus I hate the sense contacts and dialer apps.

I played with CM7 for about 2 hours today, I'm definitely stoked to see it in a more stable form. The bugs were a bit much for me.

Pzyborg

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
BAMF 1.5 Remix here. Solid rom but after a couple of days use I notice that the 'android system' is draining my battery really fast. I'm looking into it now.